OU Recruiting 2021: David Boren's Fondle Force

texifornia

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

One for @golfclap

Ei3OeJvWkAYhy6y?format=jpg&name=small

Reveal hidden contents

Ei3Vpv7WoAIgJ_I?format=jpg&name=900x900Ei3VqmGXYAU0bmh?format=jpg&name=900x900Ei3Vq8gXcAADiOG?format=jpg&name=900x900

Grinch has no adjustments. He runs what he runs and all his stunting is susceptible to quick hitting runs in the A and B gaps, which is what Klieman has always run, and Grinch didn’t do anything different. Hopefully our staff will realize this and not repeat last year’s game by playing right into his hand. 

10 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Grinch has no adjustments. He runs what he runs and all his stunting is susceptible to quick hitting runs in the A and B gaps, which is what Klieman has always run, and Grinch didn’t do anything different. Hopefully our staff will realize this and not repeat last year’s game by playing right into his hand. 

echos of QB power against Stoops. lol

53 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Drumm's bootlicking of Caleb Williams and his family is just the weirdest shit to read

Reveal hidden contents

EjBACXDWkAE-Sgh?format=jpg&name=900x900EjBAC5cXgAITy31?format=jpg&name=900x900EjBADaEXYAMwAvl?format=jpg&name=900x900EjBAD8aWoAIEvFh?format=jpg&name=900x900

At this point I'm just going to assume Williams is giving Drumm "insider info" in exchange for Drumm hyping Williams up way past what is rational. Williams seems to be very keen on building his brand so I guess he sees Drumm as a tool for that. Drumm being a massive fanboy doesn't hurt either.

• Like 1

Drumm

You all want realistic? Here goes:

There’s a lot wrong with this team. You can start with the tackling, but I’d start with leadership and allowing freshman, who have only been in Norman since July, to tweet about not playing and wanting more playing time.

Do I think Bryson Washington and Joshua Eaton should play more? Probably. At least give them the chance and see what they can be. Tweeting about it isn’t the way, though. The fact it happened is a sure-fire sign that no one is controlling them. I’m not talking about coaches. I’m talking about player leaders. This team is in need of that BAD.

That said, if you think that this team is anywhere near this off with Perkins, Haselwood, Bridges, Stevenson, Caleb Kelly, Marcus Hicks, Jalen Redmond, Harrington and Kennedy Brooks playing you’re off your rocker. They are 100x better with them. Reality is, Brooks, Hicks, Kelly, Redmond and Harrington aren’t playing this year. Good news is that OU will have everyone back next year and will get a full spring in — which seriously hurt OU, and I touched on that in podcast.

I’ll write something on it with some good info with it in the next few days. Freshmen/early enrollees needed that spring. Having said all of that, this team isn’t good right now. It’s not. It’s subpar at best. Not in talent. They have that. Just in play. BUT, that doesn’t mean they won’t be good, or way better at the end of the year, but they aren’t any good right now. Not at all.

Reminds me of 2006 squad and 2016 squad. Both very young and talented, but a year away from being a dominant team. That’s where OU is at right now. The difference is that you could see the leaders emerging as the year went on with both those teams. Not seeing that yet with the 2020 version, but it’s only three games and there will be some VERY TALENTED additions to this team as the suspensions end, injuries get cleared (Haselwood) and transfer eligibility gets approved (Chris Murray).

This team is talented top to bottom, but there isn’t any leadership. You can have all the four and five-star players you want, but when your vocal leaders, or vocal players in general — like Caleb Kelly, Ronnie Perkins, Jadon Haselwood and Trejan Bridges — aren’t on the field with you, it doesn’t resonate. Hell, Kelly isn’t even around the team much with all the Covid precautions right now. That hurts a lot with this young squad. Any little leadership help they can get is going to make a difference.

They will continue to play at this undesired level until someone steps up and takes control of the team. Clearly, that hasn’t happened with the tweets we saw last night or the constant tackling issues that seemed to get worse and worse as the game went on Saturday night. Spencer Rattler will earn the leadership role as the season goes on, but he is a freshman with three games under his belt. Each play, hit, touchdown, interception, etc will allow him to show his leadership skills through the good and the bad. Those stripes are earned, not given. Soon the team will fall in line. He’s just not there yet, in that aspect.

However, he has played well enough to win all three games. If you think about the last 4 years, OU has been in a lot games like the last two but their stars bailed them out. Whether it was CeeDee Lamb, Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray, Jalen Hurts, DeeDee Westbrook, Hollywood Brown, Joe Mixon, Ronnie Perkins, Rodney Anderson, Mark Andrews, K9, Caleb Kelly, Curtis Bolton, Neville Gallimore, etc. Hasn’t happened this year because there isn’t that big-time star on this team that has played. There isn’t that one guy that the team can lean on and say “Carry us to victory”. By the end of the year there will be, and if there would have been a spring there might have been one already. Hell, it may not have mattered and the star could be one of the suspensions. We don’t know because we know very little about this team outside of their horrid tackling and awful start to the season.

Lastly, people got to stop blaming Alex Grinch, Lincoln Riley (play calling only. Other stuff is game being head coach. Part of the job) and Spencer Rattler. Rattler has played well enough to win every game and was FANTASTIC Saturday night. He had three TD’s dropped and five of 11 incompletions were dropped. He should have had 5tds and over 400 passing again. That’s winning QB play.

Grinch called many good defensive plays. Go re-watch the game if you don’t believe me. There was around 10 plays where an OU defender had an ISU ball carrier/QB wrapped up in the backfield and didn’t finish the tackle. Over half of those ended up in positive gains or first downs. That’s crippling you and makes you stay on the field longer. Thus, more missed tackles due to fatigue and no players/leaders instilling confidence back into their teammates. It’s an avalanche. The bad keeps piling up. Hard to come back from when no one is there to lead you out of it. All goes back to that leadership thing again.

Same with Riley and his play calling. Can’t drop passes and you have to hit holes when they are there (OL still struggled, but they had some big holes missed by east-west running).

However, I think you can question some of his control of the team... i.e. the tweets, again. This team needs an identity... BAD. If they don’t hurry and get one (I think getting suspended guys back will help a ton) it will get even worse this year. I do still believe this 2021 OU team could be special, but it is gonna be determined in how OU attacks the rest of the 2020 season. Right now, it’s BAD. Worse it’s been since 2006 and 2016, as I already stated. Those teams found a way to finish strong, though. This 2020 team better, as well, or with the schedule they have, it could be a losing record come December.

They are at a crossroads as Texas week is here. Now is the time to fix it or else it may not get fixed at all in 2020. In which, who knows what happens after?

Not something Sooners fans want to think about.

His logic is dizzying.

Rattler played well enough to win the game, the only difference was the last 4 years in close games, OU had these star players step up like CeeCeed Lamb, Transfer QB (Hesiman), Transfer QB (Heisman), Transfer QB (Hesiman QB runner up)

I mean, if they could just get one of those people to step up, Rattler will be fine