OU Recruiting 2021: David Boren's Fondle Force

texifornia

On 10/3/2020 at 5:33 PM, Mason Ramsey said:

who's surprised? not me 

Ronnie Perkins probably back...    Still no word on Bridges and Stevenson yet

https://oklahoman.com/article/5673247/ou-football-will-ronnie-perkins-be-more-than-moral-support-for-sooners-vs-texas 

Also, blOU run defense is decent (#1 yards allowed in B12) , but pass defense really struggled with the taller TE's of Iowa State so gotta believe more Wiley and maybe Epps for Horns on Saturday...

As most TEXAS/blOU games, turnovers will be a major factor...

Edited by LTtxfan

12 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Other than a dish on the table while watching sports on TV, what the fuck is a “Cheez-It Bowl?”

TCU played in it a couple years back and was the most painful thing to watch. I think there were  9 INT's thrown on that game. Spencer Rattler will fit right into the Cheez It Bowl Lore 

Edited by Happy Gilmore
Shittier than I thought... It was 9
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Fud said:

Last year they sandbagged both starting tackles potentially being out, so I'm a little leery of anything regarding coming out of their side this week 

Yeah, there's been definitely been some weird misinformation come out from blOU in the past during TEXAS/ou week...

Won't be surprised to see some surprise gametime news that Bridges and Stevenson are available in addition to Perkins.

Drumm on Wilkins ::

I know you all have asked about the Wilkins opt-out in a few threads, so a source told me that Wilkins hasn't practiced the last two days. He met with the staff yesterday and they are giving him time to think about what he is going to do when it comes to opting out. Wilkins has been a bit frustrated with how this season has gone for him with him catching Covid and then not being in the OT rotation when he was expected to be a potential starter this season.

I am told that Wilkins hasn't yet fully informed the staff what his plans are completely, but that there is belief that he will opt-out. Sources close to the situation tell me that Wilkins has zero intentions of transfering. Again, sources say that OU is waiting on full answer from Wilkins, but that most feel he will choose to opt-out

Wilkins doesn't want to transfer. That was put to me blatantly.

8 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Yeah, there's been definitely been some weird misinformation come out from blOU in the past during TEXAS/ou week...

Won't be surprised to see some surprise gametime news that Bridges and Stevenson are available in addition to Perkins.

We should definitely spy on their practices so as to not be surprised...

10 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Also here too... FUCK FARRELL

Farrell’s take: FICTION. But it’s a good question as former Longhorn Buechele is putting up big numbers at SMU and Texas just lost again to TCU. But Texas' slow start is not on Sam Ehlinger. He has 14 touchdowns (plus a rushing TD) and only 2 picks so far this season and he’s completing 63% of his passes. Ehlinger won the job long ago and Buechele, who has 1,300 yards, 10 TDs and is completing 70% of his passes for the No. 18 Mustangs (4-0), was erratic at Texas. Both players are a great fit where they are now and Texas needs some semblance of defense more than anything else.

Gorney’s take: FICTION. Ehlinger leads the country in touchdown passes with 14, four more than any other quarterback including Buechele. But the SMU quarterback leads the nation in passing yards, so he’s definitely no slouch, either.

However, here’s what I believe: Both Ehlinger and Buechele are where they should be, leading their offenses at Texas and SMU, respectively, and while Buechele would have been really good for the Longhorns, Ehlinger is still the right pick for that job. Offense is not the problem at Texas as Ehlinger had four more TD passes this past weekend.

Edited by RGBIII

Drumm

*** Let's start with the suspension news and what I have heard on the Ronnie Perkins front. As of today (Wednesday), I have once again been told that Perkins is likely going to play against Texas, despite the lack of acknowledgement from Sooners head coach Lincoln Riley. Multiple sources have told me that he is cleared. 

We were the first to bring up that potential possibility on Friday afternoon/evening last week and report that Perkins traveled with the team to Ames (IA) from the Iowa State game. At the time, Oklahoma was waiting on an NCAA protocol answer for what the suspended players had to do to become eligible. As of today, I am told that all -- Ronnie Perkins, Rhamondre Stevenson and Trejan Bridges -- have passed their protocols or been cleared of the situation. That said, Perkins is the only one that is 100% cleared to play this Saturday, as of Wednesday afternoon.

So, why aren't the other two cleared? That has a lot to do with the NCAA, I am told. They do things in their own time. One source put it pretty bluntly and said, "Perkins being cleared is great for the other two because it puts a spotlight on their situation," the source said about Bridges and Stevenson. "They didn't go through the compliance stuff that Perkins did to get cleared. To me, it was smart on the Sooners to get the attention on the star player and well-known player. All three are the same situation, but with different circumstances. They aren't equal but they did get docked for the same thing, at the same time it that makes sense. Why you see all three going through the process now, in my opinion."

Source ended up saying, "Best case scenario is Texas, and the worst-case scenario is being eligible for Texas Tech. Obviously, that is all six games dating back to last year. Not ideal if you're those two." 

I can tell you that Stevenson and Bridges were playing on the scout team earlier this week. They both practiced with the ones some during the bye week, but that can change quickly, according to a source that told me, "NCAA can tell you on a Thursday or Friday that the players are good to go," the source said. "That is just how things work. Same thing with the Chris Murray situation. It can happen in an instant. You just have to be ready, and those guys have been around long enough that it shouldn't be a problem either way."

So, as of today, the expectation is that Perkins is playing on Saturday and that the other two -- Stevenson and Bridges -- will be cleared for TCU. That is at least the hope for the other two. There is still a glimmer of hope that Bridges and Stevenson will play against Texas, but no one is holding their breath on that.

*** We updated you all on the Stacey Wilkins matter and him debating on opting out or not. You can check that out HERE. That said, I was told once again that Wilkins has zero thought to transfer. I know some don't understand the opt-out's thinking, and I would have to include myself in that. Heck, those closest to Wilkins are even baffled by it, but I was told today that Wilkins feels like he needs to get stronger, and that is his biggest issue.

The former four-star OL from Camden (AR) Fairview came into Norman a bit lite weighing 255lbs and being 6-6. He is now around 316lbs after a lot of hard work was put in. Still, Wilkins feels like he isn't as strong as he needs to be with his upper body, according to a few sources. A source close to Wilkins says that he would like to take the time, with him not losing a year of eligibility, to really focus on his strength. The source said that Wilkins has a plan on how to do that and has every intention to return to OU. 

There has never been a question with Wilkins feet or his athleticism. Those have been elite from day one. What made him ranked so highly on all the recruiting sites. The question has always been his upper body strength, however. That's something a source told me Wilkins felt like would help his career and the team in 2021 and beyond.

It's obviously not a done deal, so we will continue to monitor this situation; however, it ends up playing out. Check out my other updates for more information Wilkins.

*** There might be a few changes to the defense this week, in regards to personnel. I am not reporting this as something that is 100% happening, but I can tell you that both redshirt freshman nickel, Jeremiah Criddell, and freshman cornerback, Joshua Eaton, have been getting in some work with the ones this week.

Does that mean that both will start? I don't know the answer to that. However, I do think that Sooners defensive coordinator, Alex Grinch, has been looking for ways to make the defense more physical. Whether it's personnel or practices (where the Sooners have been tackling and being way more physical in full pads the last few days), Grinch is doing all he can to try and remedy the rough performances on the defensive side of the ball.

Another player that is getting reps with the ones some is defensive back Woodi Washington. I know last week we heard that the expectation was to play some of those guys, and for the most part they did play, but in more sparingly than expected. That doesn't seem to be the case this week, but we will know for sure on Saturday. The good news is that Grinch is really exhausting every angle to try and wake this defense up from its fourth-quarter slumber and make sure they stay focused each and every play of the game.

That 'focus' was something Grinch talked about during his presser, saying, "One of the things we’ve got to do a better job of is focus. That’s been a major emphasis, focusing on my individual responsibility, my individual job, regardless of any other circumstances, whether it’s the guy next to me; maybe I had a poor rep the time before, and I’m evaluating what he’s doing, whether it’s something on the offensive side of the ball or something on kicking," Grinch said of the drop in focus as the game went on for the defense. "You know, ultimately, when we take the field, we’ve got to get three good plays in a row or get a takeaway. In those moments, and we say it to them all the time, and I learned in coaching, if you try to feed someone the line, I’ve told them 1,000 times what does that say about you as a coach? Right? So, believe me when I’m saying this to you. This all falls on me. But in those moments, we tell them what’s the situation? The situation is we’ve got to get three good plays in a row, get a takeaway. You can talk to me about everything else that’s going on, and in the end, that’s what it comes down to defensively. Sometimes that obviously is to get four downs in a row. It is what’s necessary to get the outcome that you need. And so I think I was asked about fitness, whether it was fatigue, a couple of weeks ago, too, and it was something I didn’t think at the time. And it’s something when you see it two weeks in a row now; you’ve got to say, ‘OK, wait a second. We’re doing too much here. Are we playing guys too many reps?’ And that’s something that we certainly analyze as well and something that we’re currently doing moving forward. So no, it’s everything, I think, and to think that you flip one of those and everything turns out roses, no, but you’ve got to have the mental fortitude in this fourth quarter. You know, there are 14 points on the board with I think two minutes to go in the third quarter against Kansas State. There are 16 points on the board—and still frustrated as all heck—with a minute to go in the third quarter last week, and all of a sudden, you look up at the end of the game. We were frustrated by those 16 points. God dang, give me those 16 points again and fix those issues, as opposed to not finishing. There’s not a scenario that happens over the course of the season where, if we don’t fix our issue in the fourth quarter, that we’re going to have any level of success.”

We will have more on that in the next 24-hrs. FOCUS was also what Ronnie Perkins called a team meeting over Sunday morning. So with the players-only meeting, the physical practices to where OU is tackling at game speed the last few days, and potential overall personnel changes, there should be a lot watch for against Texas this week.

*** Lastly, I am told that Sooners redshirt freshman QB, Spencer Rattler, has really taken the last two losses to heart. He has been focused with extra work this week and really focusing (there is that word again) on his mistakes and how he can fix those things, along with just being very vocal this week. He understands how big this game is on a multitude of levels. Creed Humphrey has walked him through a lot of it, and it talked about that in the zoom call with media yesterday, saying, "Yeah, I’ve talked to him about it. I’ve told him this isn’t just a normal game. No matter what you want to believe, this game’s always going to be more intense, more physical. It’s going to be a war for four quarters, no matter what. So he’s prepared for it. He’s done a good job preparing for it so far, and I think he’s up to the task for it for sure.”

I am told that Rattler, Austin Stogner, Adrian Ealy, Creed, and Jeremiah Hall have really taken the offense under their wings this week and pushed them to be better. There is a focus on fewer penalties and clean play, as well as a focus on being as physical as can be on the offensive line. The Sooners know that the most physical team wins this rivalry each and every time it's played. 

*** Thanks for being members, and I hope you enjoyed this batch of VIP insider team notes. Please do not take this over to other boards.

We will stay on top of all team and recruiting news throughout the week... That news in the 2021 class seems to have cleared up, by the way. So the news should be coming out when Caleb is ready to do so. Wait and see game now.

Stay tuned.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Fud said:

*** Lastly, I am told that Sooners redshirt freshman QB, Spencer Rattler, has really taken the last two losses to heart. He has been focused with extra work this week and really focusing (there is that word again) on his mistakes and how he can fix those things, along with just being very vocal this week. He understands how big this game is on a multitude of levels. Creed Humphrey has walked him through a lot of it, and it talked about that in the zoom call with media yesterday, saying, "Yeah, I’ve talked to him about it. I’ve told him this isn’t just a normal game. No matter what you want to believe, this game’s always going to be more intense, more physical. It’s going to be a war for four quarters, no matter what. So he’s prepared for it. He’s done a good job preparing for it so far, and I think he’s up to the task for it for sure.”

Spencer Rattler is an emotional player that expected to be the cog that kept the land thieves engine chugging right along without skipping a beat. Any "vocal" leadership he displays is a result of festering sads and disappointment that, well, he's not. Drumm makes it sound like he is having a hard enough time dealing with adversity that an elder statesman had to step in. He's such a colossal douche bag that his inspirational and motivational tactics must be too grating for the team to get any value from, whatsoever. 

Beating blOU isn't enough. Spencer Rattler must cry. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

This Perkins thing is interesting. I could see any of Riley being coy about Perkins actually being cleared so that Texas isn't completely ready for him, Perkins having no shot at being cleared but making Texas waste practice and preparation time on him, and what's being reported actually being true where they got an indication that he should be cleared, but it hasn't happened yet.

What's weird to me about him being cleared, aside from the rare NCAA cutting a suspension short, is him potentially being cleared while the other two aren't. Didn't they get popped for the same exact thing? 

17 minutes ago, Fud said:

This Perkins thing is interesting. I could see any of Riley being coy about Perkins actually being cleared so that Texas isn't completely ready for him, Perkins having no shot at being cleared but making Texas waste practice and preparation time on him, and what's being reported actually being true where they got an indication that he should be cleared, but it hasn't happened yet.

What's weird to me about him being cleared, aside from the rare NCAA cutting a suspension short, is him potentially being cleared while the other two aren't. Didn't they get popped for the same exact thing? 

Agree, there is no benefit to OU for providing clarity on the situation.

1 hour ago, Fud said:

Hide contents

There might be a few changes to the defense this week, in regards to personnel. I am not reporting this as something that is 100% happening, but I can tell you that both redshirt freshman nickel, Jeremiah Criddell, and freshman cornerback, Joshua Eaton, have been getting in some work with the ones this week.

The fact that Bookie gets so much run for OU is a terrible sign for the Sooner DBs.

Bookie's physical limitations and immaturity were on full display last Saturday.

Drumm

*** So, we can start with the gut punch. Last night, a source told me Ronnie Perkins hadn’t been cleared because of an issue getting everything back. Source was as legit as it comes, but still, I didn’t think much if it with other stuff I heard.

Then around 5pm, I was picking up OU/Texas credentials and got a call from Joey and then Collin. They both heard a similar story about Perkins and him not playing.

So, naturally I went and called 3-4 other sources. The thing is, all were split on his availability. Perkins has been practicing with the team all week long and that led most to believe that he would be cleared to play vs Texas.

I’m very hesitant on that now and am likely leaning toward him not playing, but I’m far from confident. That doesn’t mean he won’t, but when majority of your sources say he won’t play there starts to be a theme.

My only hesitation with all of this is the fact Riley, much like Stoops, likes to play mind games when it comes to personnel, injuries and players availability.

We have always used the words “likely” and “potentially” when talking about Perkins and his availability for a reason. You’re seeing that first-hand now.

Again, take this for what you will, but I’m leaning toward Perkins not playing on Saturday, as of tonight. The star DL passed all of things asked for by NCAA, but it seems to be a wait and see. Still have over 24-hrs to go...

Guess we will know for sure on Saturday morning at 11 am.

We just wanted you all aware of what all three of us have heard. Lost of back and forth. We were first to say that the possibility of Perkins playing vs Texas was real last Friday afternoon. Now, there is a lot of banter from some solid sources.

We will update as we get more. Just wanted you aware of what we are hearing.

NOTE: There is a lot of talk NCAA could clear all three for TCU... we will see.

*** We were told that the Sooners were looking at Jeremiah Criddell to potentially start at the nickel, over Bookie, on Saturday, earlier this week.

Criddell, Bookie and Tre Norwood have all competed this week and I’m told all played really well in practice. However, it sounds like Bookie is still the starter at nickel and Norwood will get some looks there, along with Criddell, on Saturday. Source I spoke with today seems to feel like Norwood will get the most backup looks.

This could be a who has the hot hand type of deal, as I don’t expect Grinch to allow anyone to have a long leash in the secondary — most specifically the nickel and safety spots.

*** Marcus Major will get quite a few carries this Saturday. A source that I spoke with said that Major didn’t show a lot of what people felt he had, in terms of skill set, against Missouri State and that has led to his disappearance in the last few games.

I’m also told that Major is very determined to earn his spot back and really have a big game this Saturday. Source told me Major is more than focused and is ready to prove his worth moving forward.

All you can ask for is a chance. If you don’t perform they tend to go away. I’m a huge fan of Major, so I hope he truly does take advantage of the potential situation.

*** Another bad news deal is that, as of tonight, it doesn’t seem like Sooners freshman RB Seth McGowan is going be cleared with him still being a bit dinged up.

If he gets cleared to play it will be a last second deal. I don’t want to say he won’t play, but its something to watch for as kickoff approaches on Saturday.

*** Lastly, on a good note, I know people (you all) want to see the proof in the pudding, but I can tell you that I have heard even more news of Creed Humphrey, Austin Stogner and Spencer Rattler being overly vocal with the OU offense in practices this week.

Source told me, “Those three have an attitude where they are telling others (telling teammates) they aren’t gonna play like they have and that this team won’t lose cause they can’t lose. It’s unacceptable. A very different tone from them this week. Aggressive tone because expect their teammates to be ready and play well this week. Those three have taken charge of the offense and team, if you will.”

Defensively I hear similar but from the Perkins, Dashaun White’s and Nik Bonitto’s of the team. A source told me, “That Perkins player-only meeting has made quite the difference in attitudes this week. The team is at a crossroads and there is leaders being born on this team. That’s a good sign. Certain players, regardless of class, are stepping up and taking charge of situations. Now it has to show on the field. Tackling, focus and being physical was as emphasized as those three things have been in a long time.”

As you all have said, and the those I spoke with have said as well, the proof is in the pudding. OU/TX is as good of a time as ever to have a break out performance for OU.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, golfclap said:

Caleb Johnson decom from OU -- extremely fast (10.58) ::

https://247sports.com/player/caleb-johnson-46100091/

He was a curious take based on recent OU DB recruiting strategy. The Sooners had favored taller, stouter DBs. Wonder if this is a sign for Bowman?

(I know that the buzz is about him playing offense)

Bowman is going to OU because: undefeated. They don't play the same position at all, so outside of just raw numbers I don't think they have anything to do with each other. 

I think the bigger question is that with McKinstry's commit to Alabama does this move by Johnson clear a spot for JUCO CB Kyhree Jackson. The Tide now have McKinstry, Smith, Williams, Jackson, and Calloway. If you are 4th out of 4 at your own position in just your singular class at Alabama the chance of you getting to the field vs. guys from 4-5 classes is pretty fucking slim. 

If I was a betting man I'd say Johnson leaving has to do with Jackson not Bowman. 

I thought that Prophet Brown, AJ Green, and Caleb Johnson all filled a role that the Sooners do need and identified. An insanely fast CB prospect/project with the ability to turn and run with the smaller/faster WRs that are prevalent once again in CFB.  Always surprised that they didn't just get Green and move on. Green seems like a kid that would be much more likely to stick around Norman for 3-4 years as they develop him. There's a lack of top end speed in that CB room right now and even though any of the above 3 guys would be a project in terms of technique they all possess the kind of speed that is lacking in guys like Harmon and McCutchin. 

• Like 2

On 10/26/2020 at 2:06 PM, quigley said:

He was a curious take based on recent OU DB recruiting strategy. The Sooners had favored taller, stouter DBs. Wonder if this is a sign for Bowman?

(I know that the buzz is about him playing offense)

At best third-hand information, but I have read OU chatter that the coaches didn't love what he was putting on film.  The track speed was a fit but the size wasn't, so it didn't take much to sour OU's opinion.  I don't know that this should be read as making room for anyone in particular, including Bowman.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

Camar Wheaton is committing today and just received two low-confidence CBs to Bama (incl Wiltfong)

https://247sports.com/Player/Camar-Wheaton-46050152/

h/t @Longhornfrenzy

Getting Wheaton is a referendum on Demarco Murray's leadership of the RB room.

If he can't bring in top RB production (stars be damned, Iowa St RBs have shown us that) two years in a row to OU, with it's distant and recent history, with it's OL and passing game, what are you doing?

Donovan Edwards, an elite RB from Michigan who was interested in OU, said OU stopped contacting him. Why? Edwards looks better than Wheaton to my untrained eye so TAKE HIM if he's ready to sign!

The saving grace may be the unique transfer market this Spring, and the fact that RB is one of the simpler positions to fit into quickly.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, quigley said:

Getting Wheaton is a referendum on Demarco Murray's leadership of the RB room.

If he can't bring in top RB production (stars be damned, Iowa St RBs have shown us that) two years in a row to OU, with it's distant and recent history, with it's OL and passing game, what are you doing?

Donovan Edwards, an elite RB from Michigan who was interested in OU, said OU stopped contacting him. Why? Edwards looks better than Wheaton to my untrained eye so TAKE HIM if he's ready to sign!

The saving grace may be the unique transfer market this Spring, and the fact that RB is one of the simpler positions to fit into quickly.

I mean point taken but he also might go to Bama, basically guaranteeing an NFL future if he can carve out a role there. At least he’s not a legacy at a need position.

58 minutes ago, ChemicalHorn said:

I mean point taken but he also might go to Bama, basically guaranteeing an NFL future if he can carve out a role there. At least he’s not a legacy at a need position.

True, but this is more about strategic failure.

In consecutive classes, OU's basically been shut out of top rated guys and passed on lower rated guys who've gone on to be productive at other programs. So the Sooners have neither recruited plug-and-play talent nor identified/developed lower ranked talent.

Plus, the RB coach is supposed to be a slot where you have a top flight recruiter who can help with recruit at other positions. We don't here Murray doing this either to my knowledge.

The Sooners aren't completely hosed. They likely get Kennedy Brooks back, have a slim chance of getting Stevenson back, still have two younger backs who were relatively well regarded, can still sift through the portal, and lead for two 5 star 2022 backs.

But RB shouldn't be a spot where OU should be sweating one flaky guy.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, quigley said:

True, but this is more about strategic failure.

In consecutive classes, OU's basically been shut out of top rated guys and passed on lower rated guys who've gone on to be productive at other programs. So the Sooners have neither recruited plug-and-play talent nor identified/developed lower ranked talent.

Plus, the RB coach is supposed to be a slot where you have a top flight recruiter who can help with recruit at other positions. We don't here Murray doing this either to my knowledge.

The Sooners aren't completely hosed. They likely get Kennedy Brooks back, have a slim chance of getting Stevenson back, still have two younger backs who were relatively well regarded, can still sift through the portal, and lead for two 5 star 2022 backs.

But RB shouldn't be a spot where OU should be sweating one flaky guy.

Are there no other backs in the 2021 class y'all are talking to? I didn't realize Donovan Edwards had signed with Michigan. I would assume the coaching staff will try to re-engage with LJ Johnson but that ship may have sailed.

1 hour ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

Are there no other backs in the 2021 class y'all are talking to? I didn't realize Donovan Edwards had signed with Michigan. I would assume the coaching staff will try to re-engage with LJ Johnson but that ship may have sailed.

Are there no other backs in the 2021 class y'all are talking to? To my knowledge, OU is not at this point.

I would assume the coaching staff will try to re-engage with LJ Johnson but that ship may have sailed. Agree, likely too late with LJ.

No going after secondary options in 2021 may be strategic (LJ and Edwards wouldn't be considered secondary, but I think OU mistakenly didn't prioritize them).

With two top 2022 backs thought to be OU leans and the transfer portal sucking up 50 players a day, OU may want to go after a 1-2 year rental with a track record in college to avoid a numbers crunch down the road.

The only way Edwards gets to Norman is if Harbaugh is fired/leaves, OU is still looking for RB, and he doesn't want to be in AA. Very unlikely because 2021 Michigan signees have heard about his uncertain job status for months now and still sent in their paperwork.

• Hook 'Em 1

Same old same old. If we have to go 1-1 heads up against Alabama this year, I'll take McCutchin.

1 hour ago, quigley said:

No going after secondary options in 2021 may be strategic (LJ and Edwards wouldn't be considered secondary, but I think OU mistakenly didn't prioritize them).

With two top 2022 backs thought to be OU leans and the transfer portal sucking up 50 players a day, OU may want to go after a 1-2 year rental with a track record in college to avoid a numbers crunch down the road.

Yeah, all of that.  OU has guys in the system equivalent to what they could scrape up now.  McGowan will be viable once his vision and understanding of the offense come along a little more, i.e, stop trying to Roy Finch it anytime something goes wrong.  Even Mikey Henderson can probably be RB1 if needed (and I'd love to watch it).  They can at least get OU through any gap between Brooks and an elite 2022 guy.  I will cut DM some slack for losing a close one to Bama less than a year after arriving in Norman.  Coming up empty in '22 should be unforgivable.

8 hours ago, soonernado said:

Same old same old. If we have to go 1-1 heads up against Alabama this year, I'll take McCutchin.

Yeah, all of that.  OU has guys in the system equivalent to what they could scrape up now.  McGowan will be viable once his vision and understanding of the offense come along a little more, i.e, stop trying to Roy Finch it anytime something goes wrong.  Even Mikey Henderson can probably be RB1 if needed (and I'd love to watch it).  They can at least get OU through any gap between Brooks and an elite 2022 guy.  I will cut DM some slack for losing a close one to Bama less than a year after arriving in Norman.  Coming up empty in '22 should be unforgivable.

LOL McCutchin? Feels like 2-0, Bama 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1