Birmingham Bowl: BC vs Cincinnati ESPN 1/2 2PM

WBT

Just now, texifornia said:

Generally agree, although at least most of them kick off after work. This timeslot is just trash.

It just feels to me that "bowl season" ends with the NY 6 games. All that should be left is the championship game. Is there any explanation why the championship is not Monday the 6th? Why does it need another week?

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

Is there any explanation why the championship is not Monday the 6th? Why does it need another week?

It's a consequence of CFP's decision to scrap the "let's take over New Years Eve" idea for the semifinals. Had they stuck with that plan, the semis would have been Dec. 31 and they didn't want only a 5-day break before the championship. But by the time they moved the semis up to Dec. 28, it was too late to book all the space they need in New Orleans. Shouldn't happen again.

2 hours ago, WBT said:

Lightning delay.  I did learn during the last commercial break that some sort of store brand olympics called the world games are coming to Birmingham in 2021.

https://theworldgames2021.com/about/twg/

I scanned that front page and other than seeing the World Games have been around I couldn't figure out what kind of athletes or events were featured.  

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Brother went to BC, lots of family in Cincy. Don't care who wins, just want a good game.

That said, Cincy should win by a ton.

Cincy is 10-3 and BC is 6-6.  Cincy is ahead 17-0.  It's probably cold and miserable with 27 fans in the stadium.  

I wonder if a team ever said, "fuck it" and just walked to the bus at halftime.