2020 Texas Offseason Thread: Herman's Hail Mary

texifornia

35 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

I don't know anything about Jamail except for his lawyering accolades, but I just assumed he was your typical super conservative Texas old rich white guy. My mistake. 

Well he's dead so...

Edited by Viper

36 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

I don't know anything about Jamail except for his lawyering accolades, but I just assumed he was your typical super conservative Texas old rich white guy. My mistake. 

Also, Earl Campbell is such a badass. 

This is his son. But either way, the family is Lebanese, so not European-white exactly.

17 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Keaontay has a niggling injury keeping him off the field? My goodness what a shock.

Whatever will we do with only Bijan and RoJo and Daniel Young.

You just threw Daniel Young in there to elicit a response. Well good job, it worked.

19 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

So he’s still at home with no confirmed return date and it took him, what, 24 hours to switch his reason for not playing to health? I’m thinking we’re getting close to putting a line through his name on the depth chart. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 8

11 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

So he’s still at home with no confirmed return date and it took him, what, 24 hours to switch his reason for not playing to health? I’m thinking we’re getting close to putting a line through his name on the depth chart. 

This. He is dissatisfied about something else. A saying I like is "If one person cuts you off maybe they're the asshole, if everyone seems to be cutting you off/making you angry maybe you're the asshole"

It is starting to feel like DeMarvion is the asshole here. I wish this young man the best but he seems to have other considerations beyond being a part of this team on his mind.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

This. He is dissatisfied about something else. A saying I like is "If one person cuts you off maybe they're the asshole, if everyone seems to be cutting you off/making you angry maybe you're the asshole"

It is starting to feel like DeMarvion is the asshole here. I wish this young man the best but he seems to have other considerations beyond being a part of this team on his mind.

Yeah. Scipio was pretty much spot on about this a few days ago, though I don’t think it was prescience. I’m sure he knew DO’s situation when he wrote this.

17 hours ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Really well done perspective piece from Scipio

IT: The Eyes Have it - Scipio Tex

Human beings being human, this issue was also useful for a couple of guys as a high-minded justification. A little more palatable to tell your Twitter followers you won't play until global hunger is eradicated rather than mention that you're having personal problems, trying to get your grades up, or that you've quit the team multiple times before. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 1