Jump to content
bad_teammate

2020 Dems: New Hampshire (thank god, a normal primary)

Recommended Posts

Just now, Ghost of LL said:

For Biden, probably pretty fucking soon.

Don't know how he'll make it to super Tuesday, even with triage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ghost of LL said:

For Biden, probably pretty fucking soon.

NPR was talking about his funding woes earlier. I thought Warren had a big war chest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If she surges into 2nd, the world explodes

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BrickHorn said:

I no longer have patience for petulant Dem infighting.  That shit gave us a tyrant in 2016.  

Okay, do that when there's actual fighting please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Calihorn said:

Don't know how he'll make it to super Tuesday, even with triage

Doing ok in Nevada and then dominating South Carolina as expected right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

I no longer have patience for petulant Dem infighting.  

You're in the wrong internet forum then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SimonBolivar said:

Doing ok in Nevada and then dominating South Carolina as expected right?

Well, I suppose.  But it's telling that he fled to South Carolina tonight and skipped out on Nevada.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Wait--Why should Warren stay in?  Honest question on that.  But after this, what's her path?

She has the ability to carry on and lead grass roots voters. If something happens to Sanders, she can keep that energy alive. She is unique in this field for that ability. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SimonBolivar said:

Doing ok in Nevada and then dominating South Carolina as expected right?

I don't think that will be enough if he gets 0 delegates tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Calihorn said:

I don't think that will be enough if he gets 0 delegates tonight.

I hope you're right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Well, I suppose.  But it's telling that he fled to South Carolina tonight and skipped out on Nevada.

I think he’s going to Nevada Friday night. But yeah. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wait--Why should Warren stay in?  Honest question on that.  But after this, what's her path?


Bernie implosion, for whatever reason. Maybe health reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tuco said:

 


Bernie implosion, for whatever reason. Maybe health reasons.

 

“70 year old Warren should stay in the race in case 78 year old Sanders dies”

WOO! GET EXCITED!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Calihorn said:

Did Warren just drop out?

No, it’s just delusional. Flailing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Js1 said:

No, it’s just delusional. Flailing.

You're right, just conceding and praying she wins her home state I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think Warren will drop out before Super Tuesday, but even if she does, she's my write in.  So I can sleep at night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Calihorn said:

Did Warren just drop out?

No--but this may be the beginning of her getting mentally prepared to do so.

Honestly, this is a neighboring state.  It's very white and very college-educated.  This should be in her wheelhouse.

I really don't know where she goes from here.  She's not well positioned for Nevada or South Carolina.  And so then go into Super Tuesday with minimal money and no momentum?  What's the point of that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ghost of LL said:

No--but this may be the beginning of her getting mentally prepared to do so.

Honestly, this is a neighboring state.  It's very white and very college-educated.  This should be in her wheelhouse.

I really don't know where she goes from here.  She's not well positioned for Nevada or South Carolina.  And so then go into Super Tuesday with minimal money and no momentum?  What's the point of that?

To torture Hugo which is delicious 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Old Freak Nasty said:

I've been Amy for America long before her actual announcement.  Hop on board, fellas!

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Goodbye Joe. I foresee a Joe-Harris-Booker endorsement of Amy

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Warren should drop out. She's not going to be the nominee.

Your mom should drop out.  Or South Austin's mom.  I don't know the joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Calihorn said:

Bennett out now too. Good riddance

James  Carville’s Client. Empty Suit = Michael Bennet.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As someone who's a Warren supporter, I'd been planning (and still do) to vote for her in the Texas primary, if she makes it that far, because I think she'd be the best choice for president. But it's increasingly clear she's not the best candidate, and I don't have a solid second choice if she doesn't.

That'd make it much more difficult to vote my conscience, because then it'd force me start thinking about "electability" bullshit and who'd match up better head-to-head against the neo-fascist currently wiping his ass with the Constitution.

I haz disappoint. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bolverk said:

As someone who's a Warren supporter, I'd been planning (and still do) to vote for her in the Texas primary, if she makes it that far, because I think she'd be the best choice for president. But it's increasingly clear she's not the best candidate, and I don't have a solid second choice if she doesn't.

That'd make it much more difficult to vote my conscience, because then it'd force me start thinking about "electability" bullshit and who'd match up better head-to-head against the neo-fascist currently wiping his ass with the Constitution.

I haz disappoint. :(

To be fair, none of these clowns match up well against said neo facist. Just an awful group of candidates top to bottom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 6th Street said:

To be fair, none of these clowns match up well against said neo facist. Just an awful group of candidates top to bottom

Correct, which helps explain the low turnout in Iowa and NH so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
To be fair, none of these clowns match up well against said neo facist. Just an awful group of candidates top to bottom
Biden should have run in 2016. We never would have the cheeto in chief had that happened. But nope, it was her turn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

BREAKING: In New Hampshire Democratic primary, Joe Biden and Sen. Warren will not reach the 15% threshold statewide and in each congressional district, according to the @NBCNews Decision Desk, meaning they will not receive delegates from the #NHprimary. https://nbcnews.to/2waslgW 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

To be fair, none of these clowns match up well against said neo facist. Just an awful group of candidates top to bottom

This is not a good take. Any of these candidates can beat someone as unpopular as Donald Trump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PenelopeWitherspoon said:
2 minutes ago, 6th Street said:
To be fair, none of these clowns match up well against said neo facist. Just an awful group of candidates top to bottom

Biden should have run in 2016. We never would have the cheeto in chief had that happened. But nope, it was her turn.

His son had just died and he was too grief stricken. Otherwise, I think he would've - not that I think he would've won.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:
4 minutes ago, 6th Street said:
To be fair, none of these clowns match up well against said neo facist. Just an awful group of candidates top to bottom

Biden should have run in 2016. We never would have the cheeto in chief had that happened. But nope, it was her turn.

 

Well, and the death of this son was around that time.  I mean, that might have played a tiny part in him not running. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Michael Bloomberg is the luckiest man on Earth.   Buttigieg and Klobuchar are the ones left for him to deal with in the non-Bernie lane, and those two combine for more voters in f’n New Hampshire than Bernie and Warren?    

It’s going to take some really bad shit for him to screw this up.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
His son had just died and he was too grief stricken. Otherwise, I think he would've - not that I think he would've won.
And I understand that. However, I actually think that made him more compelling and probably untouchable from certain political tactics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sanders may win this (though his margin keeps getting ever-so-slightly smaller), but this is quietly catastrophic for him.

He won New Hampshire with better than 60% in 2016.  He's going to get less than 30% this time.  He didn't bring in new voters; there's no evidence of a surge of young voters.

And it's not like that other 30% stayed with a progressive and went to Warren.  They went to Buttigieg and . . . fuck--I don't even know.

The biggest problem with Sanders is that he's not expanding his base.  He's got his supporters.  But he's not building beyond that.  As Biden and Warren sluff off support, those people are going to Buttigieg and Klobuchar.  Very few are going to Sanders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Well, and the death of this son was around that time.  I mean, that might have played a tiny part in him not running. 
I know it did. But hindsight is 2020 (and I fucking hate the joke).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Michael Bloomberg is the luckiest man on Earth.   Buttigieg and Klobuchar are the ones left for him to deal with in the non-Bernie lane, and those two combine for more voters in f’n New Hampshire than Bernie and Warren?    

It’s going to take some really bad shit for him to screw this up.  

Put some money down on that shithead to win the nom. You’ll get fantastic odds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:
5 minutes ago, bolverk said:
His son had just died and he was too grief stricken. Otherwise, I think he would've - not that I think he would've won.

And I understand that. However, I actually think that made him more compelling and probably untouchable from certain political tactics.

Theoretically, I agree from a pure gamesmanship standpoint, but I think ol' Joe just didn't have the heart for it. I've read reports that he wasn't really interested in running this time either, but he felt compelled to due to pressure from the Party as the "electable" candidate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Sanders may win this (though his margin keeps getting ever-so-slightly smaller), but this is quietly catastrophic for him.

He won New Hampshire with better than 60% in 2016.  He's going to get less than 30% this time.  He didn't bring in new voters; there's no evidence of a surge of young voters.

And it's not like that other 30% stayed with a progressive and went to Warren.  They went to Buttigieg and . . . fuck--I don't even know.

The biggest problem with Sanders is that he's not expanding his base.  He's got his supporters.  But he's not building beyond that.  As Biden and Warren sluff off support, those people are going to Buttigieg and Klobuchar.  Very few are going to Sanders.

Ah, there it is. Clearly, there's no difference between running against just Hillary, and running against 4 other serious candidates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...