Jump to content
Camelback80

Texas @ Iowa St 1:00 PM on ESPN2

Recommended Posts

ESPN announcers predictably pushing the Texas injury story line to cover up for Shaka’s shitty coaching.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Camelback80 said:

Will Baker is fucking terrible in every aspect of basketball. How was this guy touted out of high school??

Yeah... Baker looks heavy and out of shape.  Baker just got his 3rd foul... DUMBASS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let’s see, fewest foul shots;

One of the worst FG% teams;

poor rebounding. 

I don’t see how it could be much worse. 

Edited by Mossyhorn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

god dam I wish we fired coaches during the season. 

this team has no idea how to play a 2 3 zone.  think about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our guard play is absolutely atrocious. There is no coach worth his salt that would want Coleman, Jones or Ramey even on his roster. They are not even average college players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Shaka is serious about defending that NIT title. Doing all he can to make sure we don't sniff the NCAA.

he knows we aren't making the NCAA.  this team didn't have a chance before the injuries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of our players are just not very good plus they may be the most poorly coached team in the country which is why you  get more turnovers than FG’s as we have now.

Horrible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ramey is out of control a lot but the only one athletic enough to create his own shot. With a proper coach he might have hope. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Our guard play is absolutely atrocious. There is no coach worth his salt that would want Coleman, Jones or Ramey even on his roster. They are not even average college players. 

I disagree.  They are decent players, just poorly developed by Shaka...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So is Sims actually hurt or is it a combination of he was tired of never getting the ball and Shaka needing a reason at the end of the season for why we didn't make the tournament again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This will be a single digit game at half and isu will shit all over themselves in the 2nd half. I'm fairly confident in that now that Texas weathered the isu "run" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Ramey is out of control a lot but the only one athletic enough to create his own shot. With a proper coach he might have hope. 

Williams has some shake in him. It’s the whole getting the ball in the basket part that he struggles with

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

I disagree.  They are decent players, just poorly developed by Shaka...

I agree with this.  Before he got sick Andrew Jones was a damn good basketball player for us.  I think the poor guard play from his teammates he came back to has really hurt his game.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

I disagree.  They are decent players, just poorly developed by Shaka...

Who is decent?  Coleman and his over dribbling tentative play?  He is incapable of passing into the post and doesn’t even try. And he cannot get to the basket. His only redeemable qualities are a developing 3 point shot and some ball handling ability though he is prone to turnovers / tie ups with aggressive on ball defenders. 

Jones is frankly lost, weak and not good. 

Ramey could be salvaged with proper coaching. Williams has more talent than any of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ISUCyclones said:

This will be a single digit game at half and isu will shit all over themselves in the 2nd half. I'm fairly confident in that now that Texas weathered the isu "run" 

not a chance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CheesePie said:

However, a CBI title will certainly diversify Shaka’s resume 

Hey not even Adolph or John have a final four, NIT and CBI title on their resume. Extension time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesus ... put some air under the ball ... George Costanza could block some of these wait level shot put layup attempts our mentally soft guards are lobbing up


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Shaka is serious about defending that NIT title. Doing all he can to make sure we don't sniff the NCAA.

That ship sailed a month ago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, chemHORN said:

I agree with this.  Before he got sick Andrew Jones was a damn good basketball player for us.  I think the poor guard play from his teammates he came back to has really hurt his game.  

I feel for the kid, and can’t remember exactly what he was like, but he’s a shell of his former self. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn’t surprise me if Texas doesn’t win another game this season and the narrative about why becomes all about injuries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 FGs, 8 turnovers. 32%, 33%, and 6 FT attempts. Out rebounded 17-10. Pathetic. 

But we will recover defensively and make this game close. The Under is still safe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Who is decent?  Coleman and his over dribbling tentative play?  He is incapable of passing into the post and doesn’t even try. And he cannot get to the basket. His only redeemable qualities are a developing 3 point shot and some ball handling ability though he is prone to turnovers / tie ups with aggressive on ball defenders. 

Jones is frankly lost, weak and not good. 

Ramey could be salvaged with proper coaching. Williams has more talent than any of them. 

If they were coached better, Ramey could play pro in Europe and Coleman in the past has shown enough ability to compete for honorable mention on the All B12 Team.  

Andrew Jones just seems to have lost a lot of his basketball skills and instincts since returning from his cancer battle...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Horn80 said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if Texas doesn’t win another game this season and the narrative about why becomes all about injuries.

People tried the injury narrative with FB.  It’s played out.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UNT, 28; Old Dominion, 18, HT. thats coaching, there.

Any coach in Southland would be an improvement. Shoot, Todd Duncan at Lubbock Christian would be an improvement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if Texas doesn’t win another game this season and the narrative about why becomes all about injuries.

If Texas doesn't win anymore games this season and misses the B12 Tourney,  Shaka will be fired for sure...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SDG said:

People tried the injury narrative with FB.  It’s played out.   

ESPN is pimping that narrative now and will grow with each loss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We'll be at 14-11 here inside the next hour.  The injuries are certainly going to be an issue.  Take versus TCU, @KSU, and versus OSU.  I think there's two wins in that mix given how bad those teams are.  So that's 16-15.  If we were to lose the first round of the conference tourney, that's 16-16, and I think we can still technically get a bid to the NIT, no?  

There's also a chance that as the 7 or 8 or 9 seed, we could still pull off one conf. tourney win and get to 17-16 which would almost guarantee we get to the NIT.  I'm just saying there's still a possibility Shaka gets cover by technically making the post-season despite all these injuries and youth.  

Plus, I'm sure CDC would like to just end the Erwin Center era next season with Shaka's final lap as well.  I dunno.  

But man, we are a horribly coached team.  That's all I got.  I wonder what our assistants think of this current debacle.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jones totally gets a pass from me. I hate for him that sickness took such a toll, but at least he worked his way back into playing some. I suspect he’s worked harder on his game than the rest have, but it’s just such an uphill struggle to get back. 

Now let’s talk about Ramey and Coleman. I don’t think it’s unfair to expect guys to get better over their careers. Unfortunately, both these guys have regressed. At this rate, in another year they’ll be playing intramurals, brother. And that’s on Shaka. Every last bit of it.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

If they were coached better, Ramey could play pro in Europe and Coleman in the past has shown enough ability to compete for honorable mention on the All B12 Team.  

Andrew Jones just seems to have lost a lot of his basketball skills and instincts since returning from his cancer battle...

If Coleman could compete for honorable mention, it’s only due to shit guards in a conference and Shaka’s insistence on playing him 35 minutes a game. He is not good. 

Edited by Dr. Beeper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

We'll be at 14-11 here inside the next hour.  The injuries are certainly going to be an issue.  Take versus TCU, @KSU, and versus OSU.  I think there's two wins in that mix given how bad those teams are.  So that's 16-15.  If we were to lose the first round of the conference tourney, that's 16-16, and I think we can still technically get a bid to the NIT, no?  

There's also a chance that as the 7 or 8 or 9 seed, we could still pull off one conf. tourney win and get to 17-16 which would almost guarantee we get to the NIT.  I'm just saying there's still a possibility Shaka gets cover by technically making the post-season despite all these injuries and youth.  

Plus, I'm sure CDC would like to just end the Erwin Center era next season with Shaka's final lap as well.  I dunno.  

But man, we are a horribly coached team.  That's all I got.  I wonder what our assistants think of this current debacle.  

Dude trigger warning that shit. Implying we could suffer another year of Shaka Is terrifying 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

We'll be at 14-11 here inside the next hour.  The injuries are certainly going to be an issue.  Take versus TCU, @KSU, and versus OSU.  I think there's two wins in that mix given how bad those teams are.  So that's 16-15.  If we were to lose the first round of the conference tourney, that's 16-16, and I think we can still technically get a bid to the NIT, no?  

There's also a chance that as the 7 or 8 or 9 seed, we could still pull off one conf. tourney win and get to 17-16 which would almost guarantee we get to the NIT.  I'm just saying there's still a possibility Shaka gets cover by technically making the post-season despite all these injuries and youth.  

Plus, I'm sure CDC would like to just end the Erwin Center era next season with Shaka's final lap as well.  I dunno.  

But man, we are a horribly coached team.  That's all I got.  I wonder what our assistants think of this current debacle.  

I really wonder what Yaklich thinks.  he's seen high level basketball and coaching.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

If Texas doesn't win anymore games this season and misses the B12 Tourney,  Shaka will be fired for sure...

Thanks pal. Shaka is fired regardless of what transpires absent a miraculous run that results in a Sweet 16 run. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...