Jump to content
Wally Fairway

Surly #Stonks

Recommended Posts

Just now, fattyflattie said:

Brother?   Please don’t tell me you lost your ass in ALPP as well.  I did both.  At least there’s always the taxes. 

Nope only holding the shitbags AIM and IBIO. Made a nice profit on IBIO and then bought back lower and of course its only gone lower. Based on the hooker thread I was better off getting me one of them scholarly girls for an evening of chatting and fucking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZB'Tejas said:

I bought the $NKLA dip :0

 

$SNVP trying to pop and make up for it though

3 time delayed SNVP court case is on Wednesday lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SPAQ having a nice couple of weeks, bought bigly into it back in early August when it dipped below $12 and then dumped all profits from GEVO into it, have about 75% of my stonk money in it right now letting it sit until the merger, hope this one goes well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Brother?   Please don’t tell me you lost your ass in ALPP as well.  I did both.  At least there’s always the taxes. 

I have enough tax loss carryovers to last me the rest of my expected lifetime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sold half my $FTK about three weeks ago to lock in my cost on the remaining shares, but this little guy just won't dip to buy back in at a price I'm looking for.

Once it ran from $1 to $2.50 I knew it wouldn't go back down to $1, but hell at least come back to $1.75 or $2.00 now that oil's getting creamed.  Looks like it doesn't want to go below about $2.30 for now but I know as soon as I buy back the shares I sold it will crash back down to the $1.00 level.

I'll give all of y'all a heads up when I buy back in so you can make bank and get ass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And an update on my fake #stonk venture into futures trading...

I started with $200,000 of fake dollars in my TD Ameritrade "Paper Trading" account and from around early July to last week ran it up to over $350,000 trading nothing but the NASDAQ futures contract.  Woooh.

Today, same account is now worth $270,000.  Loss of $80,000 fake dollars in a week is cool.  But hey, it's still up 35% in little over two months so I should totally quit my job and go for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ZB'Tejas said:

I bought the $NKLA dip :0

Which dip, there have been plenty

(and more are likely to come....until they actually sell a vehicle, or go broke trying)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2020 at 7:25 AM, Wally Fairway said:

Which dip, there have been plenty

(and more are likely to come....until they actually sell a vehicle, or go broke trying)

You know it...just sold most of what I bought at $35 for a little profit. As volatile as this is it might be something I just buy and sell over the next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

looks like my sell order on BBRW got executed at .0055 (bought at .004 two weeks ago). Will set the buy order at .004........again. This appears to be the culprit for the spike in price, not really any new news. 

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/finland-horizon-open-european-craft-120000205.html

Edited by Blotto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:


What platform are you trading on?

I use Etrade. Not the greatest tools in the world, but relatively stable and doesnt seem to be unavailable for hours at a time like Robinhood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just wish the Schwab/TDA merger would happen so that I could have ToS with no OTC fees

In reality when it happens they'll probably just ruin everything good about both, but a man can dream

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RCRanger03 said:

My PFMS is getting tingly! Up 100% no news... If this got RMed it'll get a penny easy

Ended up 150% today, they verified Pink current. Share structure is very sexy

One of my other David Lazar shell plays like this that I've mentioned before is XMET. It's at .0002 right now and has been between .0001 and .0002 fo a while, and has been pumping some excellent volume the last week or so. Next catalyst is probably going to be at the 9/25 status check with the court. Would be good to have some on the books  There are some illegal shares that the court has to decide on which is the biggest negative, the big shareholder that did that is now dead. 

I have 2 million shares.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FPVD made me sexy monies today, PFMS is bubbling, SNVP has custodial hearing attempt #3 These are my babies this week.

Other potential runners that I'm in on:

CMGO - dumped last week (albeit on good news about a joint venture) pending a schedule PR from CEO

FONU - Pending going current. Streaming of highschool/college sports and might already have contracts.

MEDH - Weed and Coffee shop Lazy Daze (Austin based) pending going current and RM with existing companies owned by the new CEO.

XMET - See post above, I added another million shares.

Edited by RCRanger03

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

FPVD made me sexy monies today, PFMS is bubbling, SNVP has custodial hearing attempt #3 These are my babies this week.

Other potential runners that I'm in on:

CMGO - dumped last week (albeit on good news about a joint venture) pending a schedule PR from CEO

FONU - Pending going current. Streaming of highschool/college sports and might already have contracts.

MEDH - Weed and Coffee shop Lazy Daze (Austin based) pending going current and RM with existing companies owned by the new CEO.

XMET - See post above, I added another million shares.

Warning about XMET (lucky me) after hours Form 10 they have officially increased the AS to the number of 9 billion shares (even illegally issued ones). Not ideal at all, the hope was the Lazar would get those cancelled. Not sure if this means that he wont, but if not it makes this a much less attractive piece in the short term. I'm going to be diving in on that tonight... but Not Good Bob! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Read up on MSNVF last night and tried to take a crack at it this morning, but it was halted before the market even opened. Canadian company that has a trivial market cap but owns a US company called Unifire, who just scored a bunch of US government contracts

https://www.defense.gov/Newsroom/Contracts/Contract/Article/2347324/ 

Depending on these contracts, sometimes they just list  maximum sales (not guaranteed), but a market cap of $12 mil is shit compared to those numbers. If you cant make money screwing  the government there's no hope for you as a business. Here's their recent revenue trend prior to these contracts:

 image.png.cebfeac3d20016b589036c30ad081a8c.png

At this point, who knows where it will open  once they allow it to trade again, but it might be worth keeping an eye on. 

Other than that, my penny stonkin is limited to waiting/watching my SNVP , trying to ditch my last buy of EWLL , and waiting for Brewbuilt to crash below .004 again (she's close).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who’s going for some Snowflake tomorrow?  I might throw some at it in a pure market order. You’ll see my trade as the high point spike for the day. 
 

unfortunately not getting any IPO shares. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Who’s going for some Snowflake tomorrow?  I might throw some at it in a pure market order. You’ll see my trade as the high point spike for the day. 
 
unfortunately not getting any IPO shares. 

Buffet: buys SNOW at $80 pre ipo
IPO goes live at $120
Closes around $140-$160

Buffet: "Well sheesh people getting greedy, I'll be fearful. Plus, I'm already up 50%+ and by my rules I'll cash out now, don't want to get slaughtered. "

but in all seriousness, the amount of hype for this IPO is significant - Buffet, Salesforce, JPM, GS, Ackman. ~$35 billion valuations mean nothing in this day and age. I’m going to take a chunk and keep some powder dry for dollar cost averaging but our mini-correction this past month looks behind us and I see this as a huge momentum stock right out of the gate. rightly so tho, not a lot of companies can take on AWS-dominated space and live to tell the tale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The completely non-rational prices of tech stocks is an indication that the entire system is fundamentally broken. It’s a massive Ponzi scheme supported by insane amounts of private capital designed to overwhelm a market segment long enough to allow all of the early investors in a tech unicorn to exit their holdings in an IPO or m&a transaction, leaving the financial risk with the public buyer.

This entire scheme would have spectacularly failed by now if it weren’t for government fed policies designed to prop up this scam for as long as it can, until it can’t. The future is going to be a challenge. The world has set itself up for some very low lows once these artificial highs eventually pop. I don’t know when or how it will happen, but it’s coming. The govt has run out of bullets to fire. Of course, I would have thought this would have happened by now, but never thought our govt would be buying bonds and stocks directly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BLKNSTY said:


Buffet: buys SNOW at $80 pre ipo
IPO goes live at $120
Closes around $140-$160

Buffet: "Well sheesh people getting greedy, I'll be fearful. Plus, I'm already up 50%+ and by my rules I'll cash out now, don't want to get slaughtered. "

but in all seriousness, the amount of hype for this IPO is significant - Buffet, Salesforce, JPM, GS, Ackman. ~$35 billion valuations mean nothing in this day and age. I’m going to take a chunk and keep some powder dry for dollar cost averaging but our mini-correction this past month looks behind us and I see this as a huge momentum stock right out of the gate. rightly so tho, not a lot of companies can take on AWS-dominated space and live to tell the tale.

Sounds like a huge pump and dump potential for the Big Wigs. Make sure you're not the bag man...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Umm...I’m hearing more like 180-190 for SNOW. Biggest software IPO in history. I’m out.

The spread is going to be silly. Buy Berkshire if you want in on the real deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why all the reluctance on this massive hype IPO for a fast growing biz in the hottest market available today, yet less concern on this thread for bankrupt penny stocks?  I don’t see losing 95% of value on SNOW as equal probability as some of others...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 4thgenhorn said:

Why all the reluctance on this massive hype IPO for a fast growing biz in the hottest market available today, yet less concern on this thread for bankrupt penny stocks?  I don’t see losing 95% of value on SNOW as equal probability as some of others...

Because we don't want the tax burden. Duh! STONKS!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Warren Buffet is going to blow a huge nut tonight on a very expensive hooker.

he can blow it on me if I can have some of that IPO priced SNOW, fuck

I do own Berkshire so yay me. This particularly feels like when Texas is #1 in revenue. Like yay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

he can blow it on me if I can have some of that IPO priced SNOW, fuck

I do own Berkshire so yay me. This particularly feels like when Texas is #1 in revenue. Like yay. 

You seem more like a cheap hooker, but I'll see what I can do to broker the deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bought some NKLA options and also 20k to buy and hold.  Name has too much buzz not to pop really big at some point.  True STONKS fashion to go with an all hype brand.  So what that the semi truck they showed was a cardboard cutout.  I bet the thing has zero carbon emissions.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is nuts. Best IPO in tech history? During a pandemic? For a company with $300mm in revenue, some decent competitors and amazing marketing?

Im not saying they aren’t a good company or solution but this seems way overboard for a technology that I don’t know anyone who uses. Their marketing is superb and they have penetrated the Big 4 and all the GSI’s to build Snowflake practices and push it hard and heavy, but wow at these numbers. 

IPO’s are like UT. They’re Back!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

This is nuts. Best IPO in tech history? During a pandemic? For a company with $300mm in revenue, some decent competitors and amazing marketing?

Im not saying they aren’t a good company or solution but this seems way overboard for a technology that I don’t know anyone who uses. Their marketing is superb and they have penetrated the Big 4 and all the GSI’s to build Snowflake practices and push it hard and heavy, but wow at these numbers. 

IPO’s are like UT. They’re Back!!

whose line GIF

 

Welcome to the STONKS market where everything is made up and valuations don't matter!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Bought some NKLA options and also 20k to buy and hold.  Name has too much buzz not to pop really big at some point.  True STONKS fashion to go with an all hype brand.  So what that the semi truck they showed was a cardboard cutout.  I bet the thing has zero carbon emissions.  

How many CO2 neutralizing trees were killed to make that cardboard semi-truck??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2020 at 6:26 AM, Dbeasy said:

The completely non-rational prices of tech stocks is an indication that the entire system is fundamentally broken. It’s a massive Ponzi scheme supported by insane amounts of private capital designed to overwhelm a market segment long enough to allow all of the early investors in a tech unicorn to exit their holdings in an IPO or m&a transaction, leaving the financial risk with the public buyer.

This entire scheme would have spectacularly failed by now if it weren’t for government fed policies designed to prop up this scam for as long as it can, until it can’t. The future is going to be a challenge. The world has set itself up for some very low lows once these artificial highs eventually pop. I don’t know when or how it will happen, but it’s coming. The govt has run out of bullets to fire. Of course, I would have thought this would have happened by now, but never thought our govt would be buying bonds and stocks directly.

 

On 9/16/2020 at 11:10 AM, Rougarou said:

This is nuts. Best IPO in tech history? During a pandemic? For a company with $300mm in revenue, some decent competitors and amazing marketing?

Im not saying they aren’t a good company or solution but this seems way overboard for a technology that I don’t know anyone who uses. Their marketing is superb and they have penetrated the Big 4 and all the GSI’s to build Snowflake practices and push it hard and heavy, but wow at these numbers. 

IPO’s are like UT. They’re Back!!

Lulz.  $72 billion market cap on a company that had FY2020 revenue of $274 million and losses of $348 million. Saw this article regarding their IPO so I'm not sure if its from their IPO prospectus, but

Market Size: Snowflake believes the cloud data platform market it competes in has an addressable market of $81 billion. Research from IDC calls for the combined analytics data management and business intelligence and analytics tools markets to hit $56 billion by the end of 2020 and $84 billion by the end of 2023.

Fuck it, they should have been able to get a $1 trillion market cap. Why not, its equally indefensable? We've seen this shit before but people have a short memory. 

Edited by Blotto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blotto said:

 

Lulz.  $72 billion market cap on a company that had FY2020 revenue of $274 million and losses of $348 million. Saw this article on regarding their IPO so I'm not sure if its from their IPO prospectus, but

Market Size: Snowflake believes the cloud data platform market it competes in has an addressable market of $81 billion. Research from IDC calls for the combined analytics data management and business intelligence and analytics tools markets to hit $56 billion by the end of 2020 and $84 billion by the end of 2023.

Fuck it, they should have been able to get a $1 trillion market cap. Why not, its equally indefensable? We've seen this shit before but people have a short memory. 

good lord this is nuts. AND they get Buffet in to do a nice little quick flip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...