Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

ALT needs news or it's going to single digits.  The daily chart looks like a breakdown-consolidation-breakdown   The measured move target would be 4 1/2.  I have a hard time believing that, but that's what the target would be if this is a measured move.  In UVXY at 17.75. Support at 15. Target is 27-30 absent come calamity.  It's plausible we could get enough bad news to get a pop to that level.  If there is a calamity, who knows how high it could go?  This is one you need to be in before the shit hits the fan.  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/8/2020 at 2:44 PM, Blotto said:

As we head into the final stretch of the election season, I may start buying deep out of the money puts every Friday afternoon for Monday expiration. something like $.05 per contract, 20 or 40 contracts. This country is on the fucking edge right now. You get a couple days for something shitty to happen(Michigan militia but successful, friday evening news dump, Trump croaks due to Rona, Trump has Biden arrested, lulz).

Its a flat out gamble that will most likely lose, but its not like I can't lose that much betting football. For tomorrow a 3% drop would equate to SPY being around 333 and those puts are right around $.05 Would be a bit more expensive probably heading into the weekend, but  if the market opened up 3% down they would be at the money and likely worth well over $1 at the open Monday. Kind of a stupid persons black swan investment approach. Will have to check out what the premiums are right before close tomorrow. I've got some Stonk profits to throw at it and most likely lose. 

So after 3 weeks of fucking around with this strategy, here is where I stand. Pretty much got shut out weeks 1 & 2. Last Friday I changed my criteria from 3% fall to 2% fall and bought puts at $338. Sold the first 1/3 at a break even price for this trade, and the sold the remaining 2/3 at an arbitrary price to realize a nice round number overall profit. Not gonna get rich, but not a bad return for about 15 minutes of actual work, and the real point is to realize a big score if there is a WTF event over the weekend. 

image.png.5b4165bc0dd91ee459eb5874e457c32e.png

Will line up another go this Friday, if the market is relatively calm this week. Probably 2X or 3X  my entry size as the insanity in the country ratchets up. 

ALPP is BACK BABY (acquisition incoming in 2020). This is my don't let go for 5-10 years stock

MEDH is coming back up with all the filings and attorney letter having been uploaded to get current. Stop sign dropping by tomorrow. I'm holding this potstock through the election 

XMET is smacking .0004s going to be in the .00s by their 11/6 court date

On 10/21/2020 at 1:14 PM, Harrison Stafford said:

ALT needs news or it's going to single digits.  The daily chart looks like a breakdown-consolidation-breakdown   The measured move target would be 4 1/2.  I have a hard time believing that, but that's what the target would be if this is a measured move.  In UVXY at 17.75. Support at 15. Target is 27-30 absent come calamity.  It's plausible we could get enough bad news to get a pop to that level.  If there is a calamity, who knows how high it could go?  This is one you need to be in before the shit hits the fan.  

Out of UVXY at 18.75.  Made money and am out as I do not have a good feel for the market’s direction.  If UVXY pulls back to 16.75,, will probably get back in.

XMET just went from dark/defunct stop sign to OTC pink limited to OTC pink current in 1 day. That's unheard of and it's moving a light speed for this type of play. I typically am waiting months for some of my other tickers to just take one of those steps and it usually results in a boom each time. I think tomorrow morning it probably goes up a few ticks (and we see a few sell offs) in response to this news and it's really shaping up to make a break for .001 leading up to 11/6 then if the court results are favorable (massive share cancellation being the best case) it could easily be a near penny runner

You still can get  a few million for under $1k (I've got 5M), and at that level there is a good chance it nets you excellent profits and me a Laga so....

ben stiller GIF

11 hours ago, RCRanger03 said:

XMET just went from dark/defunct stop sign to OTC pink limited to OTC pink current in 1 day. That's unheard of and it's moving a light speed for this type of play. I typically am waiting months for some of my other tickers to just take one of those steps and it usually results in a boom each time. I think tomorrow morning it probably goes up a few ticks (and we see a few sell offs) in response to this news and it's really shaping up to make a break for .001 leading up to 11/6 then if the court results are favorable (massive share cancellation being the best case) it could easily be a near penny runner

You still can get  a few million for under $1k (I've got 5M), and at that level there is a good chance it nets you excellent profits and me a Laga so....

ben stiller GIF

72 MILLION .0004s just cleared in approximately 2 minutes after the bell. We got the JUICE!

Edited by RCRanger03

Bought some 335 and 326 puts on SPY expiring today right before close. Sold the 335's already for 500% profit (in at .60 out at $3.60), and holding the 326's in case market really shits this morning (in at $.05 and currently at $.45). 

Edit - sold half the 326 puts for $1.00 at around 9:30, sold the remainder this afternoon at $.50. So averaged 15X return. Too bad it was only 10 contracts

Edited by Blotto

Xmet painted down big time at the bell by profit takers (no shame in that money is money) and MM (eff em), but over half a billion in volume and most of it at .0005 - .0006 range (with plenty millions in .0007) makes that the new base. Several times it bumped up into .0007 - .0008 shows me it could close this week in .00s and most definitely will get there pre 11/6 court date

On 10/28/2020 at 9:13 PM, shakahorn said:

Any idea what happened to ALPP today?  I was stuck in meetings all day, when I looked in the am it was about .072 and it closed at .057.

Went to .072 because they got approval on a patent. It resurrected from .04 depths recently because they alluded to an impending acquisition before the end of the year. Acquisitions are what caused the previous .44 spike.

15 hours ago, RCRanger03 said:

Went to .072 because they got approval on a patent. It resurrected from .04 depths recently because they alluded to an impending acquisition before the end of the year. Acquisitions are what caused the previous .44 spike.

So is the play to sell on the ride up to the acquisition and then buy back in on the post-acquisition drop?

1 minute ago, HoustonHorn said:

So is the play to sell on the ride up to the acquisition and then buy back in on the post-acquisition drop?

That would be a smart play. I've been partial to the 75% sale on the ride up (in various stages until there's a double top on the charts), 25% retain just in case this is the time it doesn't go back down or it goes way higher than my sale. That's been a successful trading strategy for me. The float must be pretty close to being locked up, because of how fast it's moving up and down.  As I've said all along though, ALPP is going to be a "wish I had more of that" in 5-10 years

On XMET I'll be selling 1M at some point after 11/6 to cover my investment and then I'm just going to see what the R/M brings. I think there's a real chance for pennies.

My pre-election strategy of buying deep out of the money puts on next day expiry SPY options worked out decently enough overall. I was up about $1500 on the strategy. Took most of that and bought Nov 20 SPY 300 puts yesterday at close for $1.75. Lost about 60% of that overnight, lulz. But I suppose I have a couple of weeks to see if  any significant post election political chaos ensues .....and if the market gives a fuck one way or the other. 

Other than fucking around on small options gambles, the only other significant move I have made over the last few weeks was tripling my position in LGND on Friday when it hit 80. It is now the largest individual stock I own in my account  by a large %(not counting 401Ks) and the next largest holdings are ETFs like HACK, BOTZ, AIQ etc  rather than individual stocks... The market hates this fucking stock as evidenced by it being the second most heavily shorted stock , so there are lots of things working against it. Still, I like their short term prospects as well as their long term strategy.

Short term the future really depends on whether Gilead's remdesivir becomes a standard approach to treating people with covid. Their forecast for 2021 revenue and earnings per share are $270 million/~$6.00 EPS (vs 2020 forecasts of $170 million and $3.95 EPS). Out of that $270 million, captisol is forecast to be $200 million, so if remdesivir falls out of favor, they will miss forecasts by a mile.  

Long term they have a shit ton drug candidates working through FDA approval as a result of the  partnership/licensing strategy they employ. Their balance sheet is strong ($800 million in cash vs a market cap of $1.4 billion, long term debt at around $450 million)

With the run up from 80 to 91 this week, I'm actually now back above my cost average on this stock($88.75), but its so far down from its peak of $270 from about 2 years ago. I could trim back and ditch the outsized position, but I'm content to hold this one for awhile, and I may need to. Obviously a highly volatile stock, but the "potential"  remains intriguing to me. Full disclosure, the last time I crowed about the potential for the stock on this thread it was trading around $110, so this just might be the one stock I have blinders on. 

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/fda-approves-first-treatment-covid-19

On 11/6/2020 at 12:12 PM, SuperSport said:

PM @BLKNSTY

I'm hardly an expert, but currently holding TCNNF and ACB. TLRY and CGC are a couple other big players.

I picked up some TCNNF based on someone's (BLKNSTY???) firm conviction. Of course I picked it up around $24 in August, and watched it lose about 30%, but hey I'm up 12% now!

In a more stonky move, just picked up a chunk of SPY 350 puts expiring today for $.07. Will likely expire worthless, but no telling what will come out of the Trump camp today emerging out of this weekend. 

Edited by Blotto

On 10/30/2020 at 2:05 PM, RCRanger03 said:

That would be a smart play. I've been partial to the 75% sale on the ride up (in various stages until there's a double top on the charts), 25% retain just in case this is the time it doesn't go back down or it goes way higher than my sale. That's been a successful trading strategy for me. The float must be pretty close to being locked up, because of how fast it's moving up and down.  As I've said all along though, ALPP is going to be a "wish I had more of that" in 5-10 years

On XMET I'll be selling 1M at some point after 11/6 to cover my investment and then I'm just going to see what the R/M brings. I think there's a real chance for pennies.

XMET's motion to deny claims was granted, so that's in the free an clear. Probably will see some movement tomorrow off of that, if you wanted to try and scalp some or want to free up what you already have. Still haven't heard if he'll be able to reduce the shares, but might in whatever is sent out in the next 10 days

https://www.clarkcountycourts.us/Portal/DocumentViewer/Index/zqjgUYeyrG-rr-YI0Hfa5OEvvzsg0sVc_jnxwqiWn-z9I4emTpS9PK4MGefTAlfQMaNe0Rl9WlzPsw06F6dI7lpkmwAz8LIF_H1sOtQAxhBAqFmQixQFQ_yZJh0o9PVP0?p=0

There's evidence that an R/M candidate may already be in the wings so there is a danger of the real run getting cut off by a R/S once it changes hands (ala what happened to PFMS last week right as I was about to collect a cool 300% on my million shares).  

In other new the rest of my portfolio either sideways or on fire. Thankfully XMET has been propping it up.

Holy fuck there is an absolute War going on over XMET right now. Almost none of teh trades are showing on Level 2, but 25 minutes in there have been  900 MILLION shares traded.

EDIT: 1 BILLION shares traded in 30 minutes!
I picked up another 5 million .0002s

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

So is this POS going anywhere, or is it just bouncing around sub-.0005 until it inevitably zeroes out? It's admittedly a small bag, but I'm still holding it...

I don't know which stonk you are talking about - but IMO it is likely not going anywhere if it is trading millions (billioins) of shares at 5% of 1¢