Congrats to Hornius Emeritus

tchookem

He is an awesome dude and a great Texan.  Also is contributing to Texas Highways these days.  Many of my last memories of my dad were of him looking at ToT posts and discussing them together.  Thanks for making a small part of the internet a better place.

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Congrats but........

I just made a comment on Twitter that many of your followers are fucking retards. Jesus Christ. The post about a texas Mount Rushmore and the comments made me almost delete the app. Why in the actual fuck is wrong with people? And I am probably left of center in regards to most things, but holy shit.

Anyways, keep it up.

On 3/28/2021 at 6:26 PM, Patricio Swayze said:

Congrats but........

I just made a comment on Twitter that many of your followers are fucking retards. Jesus Christ. The post about a texas Mount Rushmore and the comments made me almost delete the app. Why in the actual fuck is wrong with people? And I am probably left of center in regards to most things, but holy shit.

Anyways, keep it up.

You're just figuring out that twitter is an absolute cesspool?

3 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

No. My naive assumption was that ToT followers would be slightly above the average. Sadly, that doesn’t appear to be the case.

Most probably are, they just don’t bother wrestling with pigs.  Jac does a really fantastic job of posting both visual and proverbial facts, or at least history, without a political bent.  Small minded people with nothing better to do will naturally make that all about themselves and their public grievances. Most of us just look, read, and enjoy.  And maybe cringe and cry now and then at the comments.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

No. My naive assumption was that ToT followers would be slightly above the average. Sadly, that doesn’t appear to be the case.

To put it another way, imagine if you had a page called Graffiti of Texas, where you posted some of the awesome images you’ve done over the years.   The comments on that graffiti and the 5th ward pics would be... spectacular I would imagine. 

To put it another way, imagine if you had a page called Graffiti of Texas, where you posted some of the awesome images you’ve done over the years.   The comments on that graffiti and the 5th ward pics would be... spectacular I would imagine. 

Oh no doubt. But I am talking about his recent post about a Texas Mount Rushmore. It is amazing how many people said not to deface the mountains. It was purely hypothetical. That level of stupid was surprising. What wasn’t so surprising was the virtue signaling and calling Jac a sexist racist because he picked two white men to be part of his Texas Mt Rushmore (leaving two spots open for suggestions).

I think ToT is great. He featured a photo of my great grandfather and need to scan some other photos to send him.

20 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Oh no doubt. But I am talking about his recent post about a Texas Mount Rushmore. It is amazing how many people said not to deface the mountains. It was purely hypothetical. That level of stupid was surprising. What wasn’t so surprising was the virtue signaling and calling Jac a sexist racist because he picked two white men to be part of his Texas Mt Rushmore (leaving two spots open for suggestions).

I think ToT is great. He featured a photo of my great grandfather and need to scan some other photos to send him.

Oh sure, I agree with your consternation, my point was no matter how artistic or benign the content, some motherfuckers are going to shit all over it.  

56 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

But I am talking about his recent post about a Texas Mount Rushmore. It is amazing how many people said not to deface the mountains. It was purely hypothetical. That level of stupid was surprising. What wasn’t so surprising was the virtue signaling and calling Jac a sexist racist because he picked two white men to be part of his Texas Mt Rushmore (leaving two spots open for suggestions).

There shouldn't be any arguments about a Texas Mount Rushmore, assuming the rule is that they were born/raised here (which rules out the Alamo folks, but they have counties/cities/schools/etc. out the ass named for them).

• Roy Benavidez

• Audie Murphy

• Dorie Miller

• Barbara Jordan

• Tom Landry

• Bum Phillips

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

There shouldn't be any arguments about a Texas Mount Rushmore, assuming the rule is that they were born/raised here (which rules out the Alamo folks, but they have counties/cities/schools/etc. out the ass named for them).

• Roy Benavidez

• Audie Murphy

• Dorie Miller

• Barbara Jordan

• Tom Landry

• Bum Phillips

Man I’m with you but LBJ has to be on the list. And then I argue with Earl Campbell and Guy Clark but they can only replace Tom Landry and Bum Phillips because you can’t replace the others. And hell yeah for Barbara Jordan, she was amazing. Black, queer, disabled and broke through AND led!! When I think of bad ass women she’s first that comes to mind.