cdain3

Texas Basketball Recruiting Notes: Shaka Edition

2 hours ago, cafe society said:

That's Portland and Oregon St.  The kid is from Oregon.

He’s wrong on Pepperdine, you’re wrong on Princeton. The stripped “P” above Portland’s logo is Princeton. 

15 hours ago, MuellerHorn said:

He’s wrong on Pepperdine, you’re wrong on Princeton. The stripped “P” above Portland’s logo is Princeton. 

Pepperdine Waves logo | SVGprinted

To be fair the Pepperdine P logo is incredibly close apparently to the Portland one

Bates, Ellis and Joplin are all in the Rivals top 100 now. 

Bates (#69), Ellis (#95), and Joplin (#97). Some other names of note: Collins (#10), Hopkins (#30), and KJ Adams fell another spot to (#85).

Joplin received a massive bump at 247 up to #59. The composite hasn't calculated the new Rivals rankings but all 3 of those guys should be near the composite 100. I knew Joplin would end up in the top 100 but looks like he's going to be closer to the top 50 before this cycle is over. 

If Texas can land one of Collins or Hopkins this will be one of the best classes in the country. Then, hopefully we hit the transfer market. 

On 8/25/2020 at 2:56 PM, texifornia said:

Lucas bouncing for UK immediately having an effect. 

i'd been hearing that Collins was leaning towards OU/away from Texas for a while before the Lucas news broke. 

On 9/16/2020 at 9:45 PM, hornfromdallas said:

@texasstrong12 sorry bruh dont know if collins is still a silent i got kicked out of the gc before the jai lucas news 

a couple of questions:

a)what is "the gc"?

and b)why would a guy who's been a silent commit for so long suddenly shift gears just because our least experienced assistant left? was he silently committed to Texas, or to Jai Lucas? and if it's the latter, doesn't that sort of stink of impropriety?

7 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

a couple of questions:

a)what is "the gc"?

and b)why would a guy who's been a silent commit for so long suddenly shift gears just because our least experienced assistant left? was he silently committed to Texas, or to Jai Lucas? and if it's the latter, doesn't that sort of stink of impropriety?

"gc" = glizzy cladiators

8 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

a couple of questions:

a)what is "the gc"?

I'll be the nice guy: gc= group chat. Carl was getting info from a group chat comprised of current players and recruits.

14 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

a couple of questions:

a)what is "the gc"?

group chat

& yes he was a silent

several days after i mentioned he committed the 995ers came out & basically admitted it 

jai was the reason he was committed no impropriety jai is just a tremendous recruiter  

40 minutes ago, hornfromdallas said:

group chat

& yes he was a silent

several days after i mentioned he committed the 995ers came out & basically admitted it 

jai was the reason he was committed no impropriety jai is just a tremendous recruiter  

gotcha, thanks.