Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

• 2 months later...

Demas on portal watch? Not dressing out isn't a performance issue and reports are that it's not injury/illness. Seem to remember some grumblings about him being promised the first play of the season, which would obviously be a bold-faced lie with 0 catches still. Could easily see him being pissed

Could also just be a normal off-field discipline thing

20 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Demas on portal watch? Not dressing out isn't a performance issue and reports are that it's not injury/illness. Seem to remember some grumblings about him being promised the first play of the season, which would obviously be a bold-faced lie with 0 catches still. Could easily see him being pissed

Could also just be a normal off-field discipline thing

Could be auditioning for the next season of Chopped. 

• Hook 'Em 1

How many of such guys end up in the NFL and making real money? Nobody wants to deal with headcases if they can help it.

Demas didn't even play his senior year of high school, right? He transferred and then wasn't healthy. If he expects to play but finds getting passed by someone like Chase Lane and Hez Jones for playing time, and he is pissed because of that, then good luck to him and to whichever team that is the landing spot. He had every opportunity to step up...but doesn't realize he needs more time to develop.

Achane was a high 3-star... playing like a 5-star.

Meanwhile, still nothing from Demas...  that seems very weird, considering  guys like Hez Jones starting and playing significant minutes. Chase Lane was a 3-star speedster coming out of high school but at least he has proved himself to be a pass catcher. But mostly it is Anias Smith, the TE (Wydermeyer), or RB screen pass, or some dinky dunky passes to Chase Lane or Hez Jones...and Hez JOnes seems to drop more than he catches.

Really surprised that Dylan Wright nor Demas nor a guy like Moos Muhammad have any playing time... hopefully Jimbo can talk all of them off the ledge and they stay and become starters next season.  That's a lot of talent, at least on paper, that seems to be on sideline.

Edited by PHLaggie

3 hours ago, PHLaggie said:

Achane was a high 3-star... playing like a 5-star.

Meanwhile, still nothing from Demas...  that seems very weird, considering  guys like Hez Jones starting and playing significant minutes. Chase Lane was a 3-star speedster coming out of high school but at least he has proved himself to be a pass catcher. But mostly it is Anias Smith, the TE (Wydermeyer), or RB screen pass, or some dinky dunky passes to Chase Lane or Hez Jones...and Hez JOnes seems to drop more than he catches.

Really surprised that Dylan Wright nor Demas nor a guy like Moos Muhammad have any playing time... hopefully Jimbo can talk all of them off the ledge and they stay and become starters next season.  That's a lot of talent, at least on paper, that seems to be on sideline.

Uh, Achane was a high four star who was ranked #55 in the country by 247

9 minutes ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

Uh, Achane was a high four star who was ranked #55 in the country by 247

Perhaps I'm not looking at the right place, but this one says his last ranking was 137, and that was a very late bump; most of his senior season he was ranked from 243 to 216, never breaking that 2 handle.  I guess I was wrong and maybe thinking of another recruit that was a 3-star; Devon was a low 4-star thru most of his last year in high school.

https://247sports.com/PlayerSport/Devon-Achane-at-Fort-Bend-Marshall-217105/RecruitRankHistory/

Nevermind; I was thinking of Ainias Smith... very underrated, as it turns out:

https://247sports.com/PlayerSport/Ainias-Smith-at-Dulles-183243/RecruitRankHistory/?history=composite

And Devon Achane was recruited basically for same/similar position.  And now I see Achane's 247 rating versus his composite rating. 247 really gave him a big bump at the end of his senior season... kudos to them.

Outland Trophy Watchlist: Dan Moore (low 3-star) and Kenyon Green (5-star)

Rimington Award Watchlist: Ryan McCollum (low 3-star)

Mackey Award Semifinalist: TE Jalen Wydermeyer (high 3-star); one of 10 semifinalists, but the award likely goes to Kyle Pitts of Florida based on hype

Butkus Award Semifinalist: LB Buddy Johnson (3-star); one of 16 semifinalists and probably won't win but great to see a linebacker from A&M get recognized among the top players; last one to win it was Von Miller.

Doak Walker Award Semifinalist: RB Isiah Spiller (low 4-star); one of 10 semifinalists, but Najee Harris or Travis ETN probably wins it, but again, nice to see recognition.

Paul Hornung Award Watchlist: Ainias Smith (3-star).

7 players recognized and only 3 of them are seniors; not bad.  I bet it gets used in recruiting pitches. No DLs on the list though, while UT got Joseph Ossai recognized for one of the awards watchlists (Nagurski, I think), and Ehlinger is on multiple awards watch lists/semifinals from his sheer skill set and will.

On 11/29/2020 at 6:51 PM, PHLaggie said:

How many of such guys end up in the NFL and making real money? Nobody wants to deal with headcases if they can help it.

Demas didn't even play his senior year of high school, right? He transferred and then wasn't healthy. 

If by 'wasn't healthy ' , you mean 'was ruled ineligible by the UiL' , then yes

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/5/2020 at 10:20 PM, PHLaggie said:

Nevermind; I was thinking of Ainias Smith... very underrated, as it turns out:

https://247sports.com/PlayerSport/Ainias-Smith-at-Dulles-183243/RecruitRankHistory/?history=composite

And Devon Achane was recruited basically for same/similar position.  And now I see Achane's 247 rating versus his composite rating. 247 really gave him a big bump at the end of his senior season... kudos to them.

Achane barely made it into the A&M class when they missed on some other top targets and took him late

1 hour ago, Fud said:

Achane barely made it into the A&M class when they missed on some other top targets and took him late

You're confusing Ainias Smith with Devon Achane.

Achane was the highly coveted guy that most wanted at slot, but he wanted to play RB and A&M said that's where he'd play.

Edited by Atticus

On 11/29/2020 at 6:28 PM, Thiefery said:

I was high on Wright.. wouldn't mind him hitting the portal and UT giving him a hard look

Well, he's in the portal now. Officially official.

Maybe he can be convinced that he will catch more passes in UT's scheme than he ever in Aggieland.

I gotta wonder about that WR corch; Wright and Demas are top flight talents (as is Kam Brown, going by ratings) that don't see playing time, but a guy like Chase Lane and Hez Jones get the start. WRs aren't getting many passes anyways while Mond is at QB. But does this really mean that Chase Lane is the better talent than Wright and Demas?! I guess we'll know if Wright does end up elsewhere and if it pans out in his new team.

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Article/Dylan-Wright-transfer-portal-Texas-AM-football-NCAA-156562867/

15 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

Maybe he can be convinced that he will catch more passes in UT's scheme than he ever in Aggieland.

I gotta wonder about that WR corch; Wright and Demas are top flight talents (as is Kam Brown, going by ratings) that don't see playing time, but a guy like Chase Lane and Hez Jones get the start. WRs aren't getting many passes anyways while Mond is at QB. But does this really mean that Chase Lane is the better talent than Wright and Demas?! I guess we'll know if Wright does end up elsewhere and if it pans out in his new team.

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Article/Dylan-Wright-transfer-portal-Texas-AM-football-NCAA-156562867/

Word on the street is TCU

• Rage+1 1

23 hours ago, PHLaggie said:

So they’ll come here and see Money and Brewer play more snaps than them? We’re fucked up

• 4 weeks later...