WC Day 2

Hagbard Celine

Uruguay playing some of the ugliest fútbol that I’ve seen them play in a while. They continue to try to press but they aren’t doing it together, they’re not understanding each other. Also, there is no ball movement in the middle of the field, all long balls. Very ugly. 

as bad as yesterdays game was, we saw almost no flopping at all, and almost everytime someone went down it was because they were legitimately in contact (most of it legal)

then I watch this game and the Eygptians are dropping like flies. The Uruguayans arent much better, At least the ref hasnt bought the bullshit yet.

1 minute ago, AUS-97HORN said:

as bad as yesterdays game was, we saw almost no flopping at all, and almost everytime someone went down it was because they were legitimately in contact (most of it legal)

then I watch this game and the Eygptians are dropping like flies. The Uruguayans arent much better, At least the ref hasnt bought the bullshit yet.

Russian Snipers? 

Just now, Hagbard Celine said:

The mental tug of war between Salah, the global kop, all of egypt, nesv, and the egyptian manager, is a fascinating thing to contemplate.

But if egypt get out of here with something, my bracket is fucked, and this group is indeed very interesting.

If Uruguay draws, they have a good shot of getting out with a win/draw against Russia

Not sure that I agree.  Both teams have had some shitty matches  over the past few years, but I'd argue our results are better over the past three or so years.  Quick glance at their results back to 2015, and I don't see a single win against a current or decent WC team for Iran.

40 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Russia is going to go full Stalingrad in WWII.

Well , fuck. HenryJames said it better.

I think Russia is capable of beating Egypt.  Uruguay should have beat Egypt easy.  They have 1 good player and he's hurt.  So many missed chances by Uruguay and they weren't aggressive.   I expect a 0-0 or 1-0 score when Russia plays Egypt