wc day 14 :: will the boys from brazil survive a russian assault

Hagbard Celine

meme: germany has advanced from group in every tournament since 1954

meme: someone big always crashes out of group

italy are not here

argentina, france and spain are through

england are no longer massive until they prove otherwise

uruguay are not massive but they have 2 stars on their crest and they are through

portugal are not massive and have no stars on their crest

the dutch are not here

that leaves Brazil and Germany......

I’m preparing for the worst. Hope that I’m wrong. This tournament has been too good to be true for Mexico. It’s bound to be the one where Mexico doesn’t advance to the next round for the first time in my lifetime. 

12 minutes ago, JNip said:

I’m preparing for the worst. Hope that I’m wrong. This tournament has been too good to be true for Mexico. It’s bound to be the one where Mexico doesn’t advance to the next round for the first time in my lifetime. 

Mexico need an early goal to give the Koreans some hope.  Get that early goal, and you should be fine.

Conversely, early goals from Germany and Sweden and, welp, your morning is not going to be pleasant.

The best thing for Mexico is 0-0 and 0-0 at medio tiempo.

1 hour ago, DanTheHorn said:

The knots in my stomach have been there since Germany scored that last second goal. The sense of impending doom will not go away.  Hoping for the best but Mexico seems to be that team just like the Falcons and the Browns.

Kroos goal has me down since it happened. I could taste the next round, 30 seconds left. Ugh. I’m hoping for a 0-0... both strong defenses but I’m scared of Sweden in the air. 

7 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

meme: germany has advanced from group in every tournament since 1954

meme: someone big always crashes out of group

italy are not here

argentina, france and spain are through

england are no longer massive until they prove otherwise

uruguay are not massive but they have 2 stars on their crest and they are through

portugal are not massive and have no stars on their crest

the dutch are not here

that leaves Brazil and Germany......

If forced to take one, I'd take Brazil getting the boot if somebody goes. Germany is not losing to South Korea. Personally, I think they both go through with the thought we've already had our big "Group" upsets with Italy and Netherlands (realize they've never won it all) not even qualifying.

15 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

So how does Mexico get eliminated? They lose by 2 and Germany wins? 

Doesnt have to be Germany by two, it just needs to be a GD that takes Mexico from its +2 GD to a 0 or -1 GD with Germany, putting them tied for second and then the head to head will eliminate Mexico all other things being in Sweden's favor.