wc day 14 :: will the boys from brazil survive a russian assault

Hagbard Celine

3 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I’m just not sure why anyone was so high on Germany before this cup. They have glaring issues that have been obvious since before this tournament. It’s the same issues they faced in the last euro but everyone seems to want to ignore them. They are too slow and they lack a striker

Werner scores, but he looks out of place in Low's system.  And they do have a striker, Low just left him at home.

I’m just not sure why anyone was so high on Germany before this cup. They have glaring issues that have been obvious since before this tournament. It’s the same issues they faced in the last euro but everyone seems to want to ignore them. They are too slow and they lack a striker

Probably people looking at names on paper versus watching their recent friendlies.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Yeah, but I think we still should have expected a win over ROK.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, travelingtexan said:

youre not sure why people were high on germany? youre fucking high..

The lack of pace has been obvious since the Euros. The confed cup covered up some of that but it’s not surprising that they haven’t beaten a decent team since the confed cup final and have struggled to score goals against decent teams. 

The lack of pace has been obvious since the Euros. The confed cup covered up some of that but it’s not surprising that they haven’t beaten a decent team since the confed cup final and have struggled to score goals against decent teams. 

Smart move to leave Sane at home.

5 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I think the biggest issue has been Löw Not matching tactics and personnel. 

• Like 1