wc day 14 :: will the boys from brazil survive a russian assault

Hagbard Celine

Ozil was playing direct in this game. 

and for someone who has watched every Germany game, I’d love for you to point me to a time where Sane did a good job for the national team against a compact defense. I don’t think I’ve ever seen it, but I’m willing to change my mind. 

5 minutes ago, GabrielsHorn said:

Ozil was playing direct in this game. 

and for someone who has watched every Germany game, I’d love for you to point me to a time where Sane did a good job for the national team against a compact defense. I don’t think I’ve ever seen it, but I’m willing to change my mind. 

You’re right. The squad was perfectly constructed. Ozil, Khedira, Ginter, Draxler, Boateng, etc. were all the right choice. Had to be right. I mean they scored all of 2 goals in 3 games and finished last in the group. Great choices. 👍

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Man, if Brazil gets eliminated, this will be a truly shocking day. Do the Serbs have the firepower?

I don't know if the Serbs have the firepower, but if Brazil is up late and Neymar pulls a lambretta again - he will not walk out of the stadium under his own power.

Edited by Kringelbert Fishtybuns

It wasn’t perfectly constructed, but saying Sane is a magic cure is flawed as he’s never shown he’s good against a compact defense and it is highly unlikely that he would have space against any of the three opponents due to their strategies. 

Criticize Low’s decision to bring back Khedira, or his placement of Werner, or starting Goretzka when he hasn’t really played, but not bringing Sane is nowhere near why they went out early. 

9 minutes ago, GabrielsHorn said:

Ozil was playing direct in this game... and for someone who has watched every Germany game, I’d love for you to point me to a time where Sane did a good job for the national team against a compact defense. I don’t think I’ve ever seen it, but I’m willing to change my mind. 

It wasn’t perfectly constructed, but saying Sane is a magic cure is flawed as he’s never shown he’s good against a compact defense and it is highly unlikely that he would have space against any of the three opponents due to their strategies. 

Criticize Low’s decision to bring back Khedira, or his placement of Werner, or starting Goretzka when he hasn’t really played, but not bringing Sane is nowhere near why they went out early. 

But... but... I watch a lot of EPL matches and... and... I always pull for the first place team. I mean, I watch all of their games.

And with Sergio Agüero, Gabriel Jesus, Kevin de Bruyne, David Silva, Raheem Sterling, Yaya Toure, Ilkay Gündogan, Fernandinho, Danilo, and Benjamin Mendy... Sané has shown flashes of excellence!

That's all I know, so it must be true that he should have been included!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

But... but... I watch a lot of EPL matches and... and... I always pull for the first place team. I mean, I watch all of their games.

And with Sergio Agüero, Gabriel Jesus, Kevin de Bruyne, David Silva, Raheem Sterling, Yaya Toure, Ilkay Gündogan, Fernandinho, Danilo, and Benjamin Mendy... Sané has shown flashes of excellence!

That's all I know, so it must be true that he should have been included!

Yea I’m an LFC supporter but I also have eyes. You should try watching sometimes