Chilling Adventures of Sabrina the Teenage Witch (Netflix)

atomheartbevo

Interesting comment on io9

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-first-trailer-for-the-chilling-adventures-of-sabrin-1828998543

Took a good look at the shot of the street, probably the outside the High School, at 0.13. 

• 1966-72 Chevy Pick-up - Second Gen
  • 1967-68 Chevy Camaro
  • 1966-67 Dodge Charger
  • 1969 Pontiac Firebird (you can see about half of the nose, and yes, I am sure on the year)
  • Plus, the tail end of a Ford pick-up from the late 60s early 70s. Similar generation to the Chevy, but I am pretty sure that is a Ford.
  • The car approaching appears to be a Dodge Polara (yes, it was hard to find) from 1965-68.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2018 at 8:28 AM, JimmyHoffa said:

Betty is going to kick her ass when she gets home. 

Speaking of Betty, did not realize she was dating Veronica in the Archie/Riverdale series on CW. 

Spoiler

2dbaf2fadcc1ad6d8d11fafc170a9bbb.gif

Anyways, Sabrina getting good reviews.   Everybody saying it’s dark, violent, and totally Satanic.  

52 minutes ago, mr. sunshine said:

I don't recall Archie comics being this uh stimulating

It’s the new Archie and its spinoffs such as Sabrina. Archie brings in hot lesbians. Sabrina brings in Satan.  

Supposedly the Sabrina comics are actually dark/Satanic, so it makes me wonder about the other Archie spinoffs. 

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Wonder if you really need to watch Riverdale to get this?

Actually planning on watching this version.

Probably not.  There are apparently Easter eggs and passing comments in Riverdale referring Sabrina, and the Sabrina trailers apparently have a few referring to Riverdale, but nothing solid yet. 

They are acting as though they will do crossovers between the two shows.  

• Like 1

On 10/16/2018 at 6:53 AM, atomheartbevo said:

It’s the new Archie and its spinoffs such as Sabrina. Archie brings in hot lesbians. Sabrina brings in Satan.  

Supposedly the Sabrina comics are actually dark/Satanic, so it makes me wonder about the other Archie spinoffs. 

I was all like "huh?" and then I was like "oh"

Watched a bit of the first episode before the kids woke up.   Laughing at the thought of the people who were fans of the MJH 90s Sabrina tuning in to this and thinking its the same.  The intro does partly give it away though.  

Spoiler

The brutal little murde 9 minutes in definitely gives it away  

Netflix definitely splurged on the music and everything else. 

On 10/16/2018 at 8:53 AM, atomheartbevo said:

I can't wait for the new version of Josie and the Pussycats

On 10/27/2018 at 10:28 PM, atomheartbevo said:

For those considering it, there is either a body double, or we have 18 year-old side-boob and ass.  

I’m getting old to think that was odd.  

either way it was nice.

On 10/27/2018 at 12:28 AM, atomheartbevo said:

Did not recognize Bronso Pinchot as the principal at first.  

And they are already filming season 2. 

i caught him in the credits after the first episode and thought "when the fuck was cousin balki in this?"

Edited by elfenix

1 hour ago, elfenix said:

I caught him in the credits after the first episode and thought "when the fuck was cousin balki in this?"

Same.  Apparently he’s a big deal in voicing audiobooks these days. 

Did not recognize him.  

I’ve been very impressed with the cast as a whole. 

Although I prefer Beth Breoderick’s Aunt Zelda.  She’s still attractive. 

Edited by atomheartbevo

57 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

I was way, "OUT" on this, but I've changed my mind to all in based on this thread. 

I'm a Satan worshiper after all. 

More Satan in a half-hour of this show, than in those 4-5 episodes of season 3 of Three’s Company when Chrissy joined a Satanic cult, and almost convinced Jack and Janet to help her murder Mr. Roper and use his blood in some ritual that would keep them young. 

I’m actually surprised  there are no boycott movements going on. This seems like the kind of thing that would set a lot of people off.   Shoulda been The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina and Satan. 

4 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Maybe I need to watch 3s company

I might of been thinking of Who’s the Boss, and Sam joined a cult and was trying to convince her dad to kill Angela so she could use her blood.  Maybe not.  80s are hazy and I was young.  Too much AD&D too.  

The world-building and character development have been great on Sabrina. 

For those not far in, it gets a lot darker.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Drew said:

Wife and I finished the show over the weekend.  Highly recommend.  Can't wait for season 2.

One of the darker, more entertaining shows I've seen recently.  Really well written too.

When they talked about Exorcist and Rosemary’s Baby and Evil Dead, I thought it was hype.   

One of the darker shows I’ve seen in a while.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

I am 2 eps in , and my only question is even though Sabrina is 16 in the in the show the actress is 18 right? Right? 

Yes she's 18.

13 hours ago, elfenix said:

Episode 5 kicked the dark up another notch, wow

Not even close to how far it goes...wait until about Ep 8.