It's like the other members are just looking around with that unspoken, "How long can fucking Roger hold his breath here on the ego deal?"

3-2-1-boom!

The other thing that reunion made clear was how many light years Gilmour's voice was ahead of Water's when they ran through Wish You Were Here.  I guess that's why ole Roger does the lip synch thing in between lecturing the world about how full of snake oil salesmen it is

lulz.

• 1 month later...

Covid stay at home boredom has me breaking out the lazers and Later Years Box set Blu-Rays I haven't eyeballed yet.  Came across one with "Concert Films" in the menu.  Figured I'd share some of my cabin fever madness with you gents.  More to come, but give this a go for starters.  Might help you conserve on the psilocybin supply...

Edited by Cajun
And preemptive apologies. I will hold the camera steady on the next one.
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks, Cajun. I haven't watched that in a looong time. That got me thinking about Rachel Fury, of course, and that led me to a blogpost , http://www.deanfromaustralia.com/2011/06/oh-beautiful-fury.html .

That led me to a youtube video of PF performing after hours as The Fishermen. Good stuff even though it's a little ragged at times. The ladies are much more prominent and knock it out of the park.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's just been too long since anyone's posted, so forgive me for what I'm sure is a repost, but from April 2016 RTL Tour.  Madison Square Garden from my awesome mediocre seat...

Edited by Cajun
At the 3:20 mark the young girl's voice was my Taylor Swift/Beiber loving 11yr old daughter singing along. Strange the stuff you get proud of as a father.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Most of the stuff from Roger's "Is This The Life We Really Want" album didn't really blow me away, but I will admit that the throwback sound of this tune definitely did grab me by the boo boo.  Echoes of angry Floyd --

Posted (edited)

Not with Roger's really angst-filled lipsynching you didn't!!!

Just buy the album Buck.  

Every dollar Waters makes off of it goes toward new solar panels for his G5.

Edited by Cajun
  • Fuck You 1
  • 1 month later...
40 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

‚ÄúIt‚Äôs a good day to be a Floyd.‚ÄĚ - 4/20/21

One of the best and most amazing things about Floyd are¬†how many of their songs and even whole albums are timeless and relevant still today. ¬†‚ÄúUs and Them‚ÄĚ is a prime example. ¬†Fantastic song that I have thought of many times in the past few years in relation to current events.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 2/27/2021 at 1:02 PM, Cajun said:

Most of the stuff from Roger's "Is This The Life We Really Want" album didn't really blow me away, but I will admit that the throwback sound of this tune definitely did grab me by the boo boo.  Echoes of angry Floyd --

The first couple minutes of the song show some signs of potential, but it never really develops.  By the end of the song, it's just yet-another-preachy-spoken-word song like virtually all the rest of his solo stuff.

45 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Beato talking about Comfortably Numb for half an hour, one of his favorite songs of all time. Came out just as he was graduating high school.  

Funny, I was just coming here to post this, never seen this one before.  From 1986 (went down a rabbit hole while searching for info on Dave's guitar tone on Paul McCartney's "No More Lonely Nights" single and wound up finding this...)  Some nice variances during the 2nd solo, does a couple of things I haven't heard on other recordings...  it's a good version.

• Like 1