Survivor: David vs. Goliath

Chuckie Finster

Lolz at Dan. I love when people shit talk then suck.

Then he saves the chick he hates while his boy walks away. Massive fail dipshit.

My hope was they threw dan the votes and got him out there, but whatever.

Dan had the immunity necklace.

Instead of Dan just totally wasting the idol, it would’ve been funnier if Angelina had more votes than John and Dan sent John home by playing it.

that was one of the best tribals ever.  not for the drama or pre-vote chat, but for the vote itself.  clearly, the davids got together and schemed and that was edited out.  all they showed us was alec told pat christian was getting voted out and pat told christian and everybody else.  second week in a row where someone has blabbed to the wrong person the way the vote was going to go.  i wonder why they keep doing that.  stupid, stupid, stupid.

From a suspense standpoint, I wanted to believe for a minute that there was actually the possibility of Christian going home, but I knew he wouldn't.  His editing has been too strong.  I'll be very surprised if he doesn't make it to the end, and I don't expect many of you to disagree.

I guess that's that for the alliance of 6.  Luckily, none of the Goliaths spilled the beans about it to Davie and Carl.  That might have resulted in a different outcome at last night's tribal.  If original tribe affiliations hold, the steal a vote will have to be used next week to even things.  

Davie's stock jumps significantly.  

Is there any doubt that a David will win this thing?  How can you have "David vs Goliath," and end up with a Goliath winner?  No one wants to see that.      

12 minutes ago, thrillhammer said:

that was one of the best tribals ever.  not for the drama or pre-vote chat, but for the vote itself.  clearly, the davids got together and schemed and that was edited out.  all they showed us was alec told pat christian was getting voted out and pat told christian and everybody else.  second week in a row where someone has blabbed to the wrong person the way the vote was going to go.  i wonder why they keep doing that.  stupid, stupid, stupid.

By "Pat" do you mean "Nick?"  Pat was evacuated on day 3.  I agree though.  Alec assumed his bond with Nick was stronger than Nick's with Christian.  Great plan by the Davids to split the vote. 

58 minutes ago, DanRydell said:

I don’t think Alec blabbed to the wrong person. I think Alec very much wanted the David’s to flip the vote if they had the means to.

That's how I saw it too.  Alec told Nick something like "you can blow this thing up if you want".  I wasn't sure if he meant it as "here's what's happening, now go blow that shit up" or "I'm putting my neck on line and you could really fuck me over by blowing shit up".  I interpreted it as the former.  

57 minutes ago, Tired of Lurking said:

I still see Alec and Allison jumping eventually. Will just happen at 9 instead of 10. They should convince Christian to try and take out Mike next before he spills the beans.

They should just drop Mike from the 6 and add someone else.  Probably a Goliath, but I'm not sure which one.  It was a great plan and Mike had to overplay his hand way too early.  I like Mike and I was rooting for him, but he went after my main man Christian.  Mike is dead to me,  but I hope he sticks around because he's actually getting in there and playing the game.  

I presume Strike Team 6 is dead dead dead dead dead dead.

Davey goes from zero to hero.

They don’t usually allow  conversations regarding how they are being perceived on TV to make the air, perhaps too meta, but they did during the Goliath confab about why Christian is so dangerous . Yes, he is the most popular player, so don’t F with him 😀

On 11/14/2018 at 9:39 PM, Knoxtnhorn said:

I think Angelina may be one of the most unlikeable "hot chick" that's ever been on this show.  She's now begged for something at tribal, what, three times in 5 weeks?  Dan is an idiot.  He saved someone he didn't like, he used his idol, and it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

Hands down and what makes it worse is she really isn't that "hot". That is not said to insult her but her personality is "I should always get what I want even if I don't deserve it".

And the begging at tribal and the over the top thank you were just comical. That said the producers love the shit out of someone like that on the show, people that fall all over themselves and just can't learn to keep their mouth shut.  

• Like 1

the way i see it the davids just put a big ol' target on their back.  they fucked with the goliaths plan, schemed against them, and are now only one shy of evening the numbers.  i dont see anyone on the goliaths working with them this week.  possibly alec because he has been the whole time in a two-faced, backstabbing way.  and i actually dont think it was anything heroic of davie to play his idol to protect christian.  it was stupid actually.  he knows christian is the odds on, fan favorite and needs to be voted out.  he lost his idol now just to protect the numbers of the davids, but in a couple of weeks he's going to be gunning for christian himself.  at this point, anyone other than you that gets voted out is good for your game.  i wouldnt play my idol for anyone.

On 11/16/2018 at 12:57 PM, thrillhammer said:

the way i see it the davids just put a big ol' target on their back.  they fucked with the goliaths plan, schemed against them, and are now only one shy of evening the numbers.  i dont see anyone on the goliaths working with them this week.

Because the Goliaths weren't already targeting the Davids?  The Davids don't need any cooperation this week as long as they all stick together.  The "steal-a-vote" advantage gives them the 6-5 majority.  If they can work out a deal and not have to use it, great, but evening the numbers is there for the taking if they want it. 

For the final 10 they can "let it slip" that they are targeting Dan.  Dan thinking he is the smartest guy in the game decides to give the Davids some of their own medicine.  He convinces the Goliaths to split their votes, counting on his idol to keep him safe.  Carl then uses his immunity idol nullifier advantage, and Dan goes home, wondering what the fuck just happened, and giving the Davids the majority.

Things never go as expected, so this won't actually happen, but the point is, the advantages that the Davids have have give them a lot of options.  

I somewhat agree with you that it would be hard to give up an idol for someone else, especially the biggest threat to win it all.  I'm not sure that Davie has recognized that it's Christian's game to lose, and maybe he thinks that if the Davids are controlling the votes, he won't need immunity anytime soon, and has time to find another.  It may have seemed the better option to hoping that his idol would keep him safe as the Davids were eliminated one-by-one.     

11 hours ago, idigTexas said:

For the final 10 they can "let it slip" that they are targeting Dan.  Dan thinking he is the smartest guy in the game decides to give the Davids some of their own medicine. 

I'm pretty sure every player left thinks they are the smartest person in the game.  It's a good field like that, and a good season.   Gabby might be the only player left that isn't confident she can win this thing.

On 11/16/2018 at 12:57 PM, thrillhammer said:

the way i see it the davids just put a big ol' target on their back.  they fucked with the goliaths plan, schemed against them, and are now only one shy of evening the numbers.  i dont see anyone on the goliaths working with them this week.  possibly alec because he has been the whole time in a two-faced, backstabbing way.  and i actually dont think it was anything heroic of davie to play his idol to protect christian.  it was stupid actually.  he knows christian is the odds on, fan favorite and needs to be voted out.  he lost his idol now just to protect the numbers of the davids, but in a couple of weeks he's going to be gunning for christian himself.  at this point, anyone other than you that gets voted out is good for your game.  i wouldnt play my idol for anyone.

I disagree. What they have done on top of giving everyone on their side another week is create doubt in the "alliance" that has the numbers. There are already cracks in the Goliath's alliance and that will continue when those that aren't in the core numbers try and find ways to stick around as long as they can. 

It almost never goes the way it looks like it is going to go when one side has the numbers advantage over the other. Sure the core of that group generally makes it pretty close to the end but there is always some movement and a surprise or two that get to the end that at the merge you thought had no shot. It's why I still watch the show even after they have thrown in far too many advantages and idols to manipulate the outcome. 

On 11/17/2018 at 7:22 PM, idigTexas said:

Because the Goliaths weren't already targeting the Davids?  The Davids don't need any cooperation this week as long as they all stick together.  The "steal-a-vote" advantage gives them the 6-5 majority.  If they can work out a deal and not have to use it, great, but evening the numbers is there for the taking if they want it. 

For the final 10 they can "let it slip" that they are targeting Dan.  Dan thinking he is the smartest guy in the game decides to give the Davids some of their own medicine.  He convinces the Goliaths to split their votes, counting on his idol to keep him safe.  Carl then uses his immunity idol nullifier advantage, and Dan goes home, wondering what the fuck just happened, and giving the Davids the majority.

Things never go as expected, so this won't actually happen, but the point is, the advantages that the Davids have have give them a lot of options.  

I somewhat agree with you that it would be hard to give up an idol for someone else, especially the biggest threat to win it all.  I'm not sure that Davie has recognized that it's Christian's game to lose, and maybe he thinks that if the Davids are controlling the votes, he won't need immunity anytime soon, and has time to find another.  It may have seemed the better option to hoping that his idol would keep him safe as the Davids were eliminated one-by-one.     

Holy shit, did you see tonight’s epidode last week, or are you simply a warlock?

These last two TCs have been epic. The only thing missing was them huddling in groups whispering about who to vote for. What was the point of the Goliath’s who switched their vote to Angelina? Seems like if they were willing to do that, they should have told the Davids in advance. Now they’ve burned a bridge and not really done much to build a different one.

On 11/21/2018 at 10:16 PM, Vito Andolini said:

Holy shit, did you see tonight’s epidode last week, or are you simply a warlock?

In my vision, the idol nullifier would have been saved until next week, but other than that, they nailed it.  I don't see the Goliaths all sticking together for a 5-on-5 vote.  No one will want to go to rocks, and there is no one left driving the Goliaths ship unless Alec suddenly decides to do it.  Alec is the only Goliath that is currently capable of winning this thing, but that could change.  The beauty of how this has gone is that Christian's David competition have been using up all their advantages on the Goliaths. 

I can't remember if there are any other advantages out there besides Christian's idol.  Does Alec or Nick have anything?

7 hours ago, kevwun said:

That may might have been the most well executed tribal plan ever.  So many moving parts and it all worked exactly as planned.

Well it helps when the team with the numbers plays their hand and let's people know who is "going home". 

I know it would be difficult to do but I would love to know when some of those conversations actually occur. With all of the advantages that they have entered into the game I would keep my mouth shut until the very last minute or lie your ass off to people that aren't in your core alliance until the very end either right before tribal or on the way to tribal. 

I am fine with Dan going home because he was a douche but I do think it's a load of shit they have added an advantage that beats an immunity necklace. What's next the tribe/person who wins immunity can go home. I am all for adding shit to make the game more exciting but they have gone off the rails the last couple of seasons. 

The Goliath's got cocky because they had the numbers and allowed the David's to out smart them. I am sure that the producers are loving every minute of the last two tribals as they have succeeded in flipping the game. 

I'm not sure that the Goliath's are necessarily getting outsmarted.  Keep in mind, there's a sub-alliance with members from both tribes.  It could be possible that, whatever strategy they're trying, gets leaked to the David's.  Granted, the producers have kind of ignored that side show, but it's still possible, they're calling the shots.  

Well it helps when the team with the numbers plays their hand and let's people know who is "going home". 

I know it would be difficult to do but I would love to know when some of those conversations actually occur. With all of the advantages that they have entered into the game I would keep my mouth shut until the very last minute or lie your ass off to people that aren't in your core alliance until the very end either right before tribal or on the way to tribal. 

I am fine with Dan going home because he was a douche but I do think it's a load of shit they have added an advantage that beats an immunity necklace. What's next the tribe/person who wins immunity can go home. I am all for adding shit to make the game more exciting but they have gone off the rails the last couple of seasons. 

The Goliath's got cocky because they had the numbers and allowed the David's to out smart them. I am sure that the producers are loving every minute of the last two tribals as they have succeeded in flipping the game. 

We saw the conversation two weeks ago where Alec tipped off the Davids that Christian was the target.

Last week it didn’t matter who the Goliaths were targeting.

14 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

It could be possible that, whatever strategy they're trying, gets leaked to the David's.  Granted, the producers have kind of ignored that side show, but it's still possible, they're calling the shots.  

it's not a matter of their strategy getting leaked, they are flat out telling it to them.  i believe that makes three weeks in a row a david has told a goliath who they are voting for.  angelina told the ugly farmer chick she was getting voted out, alec told nick christian was getting voted out, and half the davids told the goliaths that dan was getting voted out.  it's proved to be a fatal decision all three times.  if they would zip their lips it would force the davids to guess, possibly guessing wrong.  but when you flat out tell them your strategy, well you are doomed.

• Like 2

I take back anything positive I've said about Angelina.  God she's insufferable.  "I don't want to make a big deal about it, but did y'all see the rice I got us by sitting out of a challenge I'll never win?"

Wasn't as big of a fan of Christian as most of y'all, but the dude has grown on me.  Props for 5 hours on the challenge.

Gabby has an odd ability to go from sobbing/annoying to kind of Indie/cute from scene to scene.

12 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Gabby has an odd ability to go from sobbing/annoying to kind of Indie/cute from scene to scene.

Totally. I've been crushing since she lost the ugly sweater.

Nick and Davie are gonna be pissed. Though I think this was a great move for Christian/Gabby to flip now, it might come back to bite Christian in the ass because of the new idol he doesn't know about.

And also, wtf was with that teaser for next week? Homegirl finally got enough of Christian being a cocktease?