Fort Worth is exploding

wild_turkey

1 hour ago, CHIEF said:

I'm a realtor, got investors that will usually pay full price on houses built since 1980, and $250k or less.

CHIEF

thanks for the response. the comps in my neighborhood are 275 to a little of 300k.  5 houses down was listed for 269k a month a go and is already pending sale.  smaller home than mine and it needs some updates. all of these home are 2004ish and newer.

Edited by Errestaurants

On 8/30/2018 at 5:58 PM, thestud said:

Chief, land in Hood and Parker counties seems to have gone totally apeshit in the last 12 months. Seems to be a glut of folks moving out of “the city” and into the country. Can you attest to that or have I gone crazy? I’m out in the sticks of Parker Co. and one day I take a drive and spot two 70+ rooftop subdivisions going in out in the middle of nowhere. $45k for a half acre lot. I may be looking to sell my 61 acres if that’s the kind of return I can expect

Yes, everything is crazy, they are about to build 850 houses in a new subdivision, here in Granbury. Depending on where your 61 acres is, you are likely already a millionaire.

CHIEF

for how shitty that parking is in that development I'm amazed anything makes it in there. In w7th specifically, I'm very curious to see if that food hall makes it in w 7th.

I was down in w7th the night of the aggy game, had a few beers at reservoir and then decided to walk around the area as i rarely make it over there. Besides kung fu, which i refuse to enter, I swear i saw a total of 15 patrons at the other bars combined... total. this was at 930 on a thursday, which i totally understand that thursday nights esp are late starts for the college kids, but it was startling to walk by every bar almost entirely empty. even the main bar at varsity had 3 people sitting around it. 

Edited by bluto

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/fort-worth/article217923230.html

I was headed north on Main today at 11:25am right after this happened.  Copters flying overhead, ambulances, fire trucks, and massive police presence.  I parked and walked down Exchange to the scene-it was hard to see the destruction and the loss of a life caused by the idiot driver.  His life is about to change and not for good.

RIP Varsity. Where are all the non bleks gonna go?
It was unwise to build varsity at street level. That is the lowest point around there and when the storm sewers get full it all back up there. The kitchen and bar at Varsity are a few feet higher but that level of water looks high enough to get in there.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

W7th needs a proper sports bar so bad.  Yesterday during NFL I missed Pour House a lot. 

That place that took over the Frankie's spot downtown....is that place still open? Did they ever get their shit together? Our first trip there was a disaster, but I chalked it up to the new staff, etc. and was willing to give them another chance someday.

W7th needs a proper sports bar so bad.  Yesterday during NFL I missed Pour House a lot. 
That place that took over the Frankie's spot downtown....is that place still open? Did they ever get their shit together? Our first trip there was a disaster, but I chalked it up to the new staff, etc. and was willing to give them another chance someday.
I remember going to watch chicks jello wrestle upstairs at the old Pour House in downtown. Owner was gay and his Brother was a golf pro who gave lessons at Leonards. Both were cool as shit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TornACL said:

Frankies was replaced by 3rd Street Bar & Grill.  Walked by there a few weeks ago around lunch and it was dead.  Still open though.

Don't see how that place will remain open .  Hooters should have taken over that spot.  Would have been perfect.

My biggest gripe with NFL Sundays in West 7th is that many of the places don't even open until mid to late afternoon, and the ones that ARE open insist on having a god damn fucking DJ playing at 3pm. I know I'm old as fuck but on a lazy Sunday afternoon sitting around drinking beer and watching NFL why does anyone need Skrillex playing over the speakers at 150 db. Save that shit for 10pm and later.

1 minute ago, TornACL said:

My biggest gripe with NFL Sundays in West 7th is that many of the places don't even open until mid to late afternoon, and the ones that ARE open insist on having a god damn fucking DJ playing at 3pm. I know I'm old as fuck but on a lazy Sunday afternoon sitting around drinking beer and watching NFL why does anyone need Skrillex playing over the speakers at 150 db. Save that shit for 10pm and later.

Went to Reservoir around 2 yesterday and the had the game audio on for the Jags/Giants game.  Pretty cool scene when the Browns game went to OT.  They sometimes have a DJ but always play the audio for the Cowboys.  The usually also have the audio on for Sunday and Monday Night.

3 hours ago, Errestaurants said:

I remember going to watch chicks jello wrestle upstairs at the old Pour House in downtown. Owner was gay and his Brother was a golf pro who gave lessons at Leonards. Both were cool as shit.

His sister was a badass too.

http://www.lpga.com/players/kris-tschetter/82643/overview

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NOMAAA said:

i had no idea that something had opened up in the old frankies.  how long has it been open? 

I was there for the Texas-OU basketball game in Austin and it had maybe been open a week or so at that time. They must be doing ZERO advertising, because no one in town knows it's there. I just happened to stumble across it and decided to check it out because I liked Frankie's.

Service was extremely awkward. Our waitress must have checked on us every 30 seconds because there was nothing else for her to do. The other waitstaff had no customers to wait on, so they congregated at a nearby table playing on their phones and complaining of boredom in between cigarette breaks outside. Place was deader than hell. I don't remember what time exactly that game started, but around the time it ended some cheesedick 80s cover band had set up inside and was playing to a crowd of about 6.

I figured it might pick up after a while, but looking at the Google reviews it doesn't seem to be doing so great.

Guess BBQ on the Brazos is pretty much done. 

Rooster’s BBQ might be a new destination if we weren’t already spolled.

Tennessee pitmaster “Rooster” Beane moved his barbecue restaurant from Granbury to a convenience store-gas station in Cresson, sliding into the space where top-ranked area favoriteBBQ on the Brazos‘ lease was up.

Rooster’s turns out reliable barbecue. The sweet-glazed pork ribs were an absolute joy one recent visit, thicker and meatier than the usual pork ribs in beef-minded Texas.

But the brisket didn’t have much flavor on an early visit, and the unremarkable sausage and sides didn’t compare to Texas’ better barbecue restaurants.

Beane, featured on the TV show “Man v. Food” in Tennessee for a steak dinner special, said he is smoking over pecan wood using a rotisserie smoker by Tennessee-based Southern Pride, a familiar sight in mass-market Texas barbecue shops.

One highlight of the visit was Beane’s sauces, particularly the spicy sauce.

Rooster’s is still in soft-opening mode, adding menu items weekly. Beane’s restaurant keeps longer hours than its predecessor, opening daily except Sunday at 10:30 a.m. and staying open until 7 p.m.

(Diners won’t get to compare the competition head-to-head after all. BBQ on the Brazos’ owners were briefly buying a lot next door, but now they’re looking elsewhere.)

The newest corner restaurant in Montgomery Plaza opens tomorrow.   It is actually two separate restaurants.  One side is BBQ and the other side is the oyster bar.  Only the BBQ side will open tomorrow.  The oyster part is a month away from opening.  

Prices aren’t bad.  Beer is between $5-$9 with a happy hour from 11-7 ($1 off).

The BBQ on the menu posted on the wall does not look good.  Hopefully it will taste better than it looks. 

Salads are $4 plus $3 if you add meat. 

That 3rd street grill is in kind of a bad spot across from the library and all the homeless people that hang out in front all day. Plus that block has been under constant construction with the Frost Tower and the Aloft hotel. The Korean place right there seems to do pretty well though

I’m always baffled why this bar is always dead. Good TVs, nice beers on tap, and decent food. Location isn’t terrible. Just ignore the homeless.

On 9/12/2018 at 9:05 PM, Stunns38 said:

I’m always baffled why this bar is always dead. Good TVs, nice beers on tap, and decent food. Location isn’t terrible. Just ignore the homeless.

Frankie's never had a problem with crowds. I don't get the homeless thing. Went to Frankie's many times, never even had a homeless person say a word to me. 

If the sight of homeless across the street bothers someone that much they should stay home in Keller or Southlake.