If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

DJ Riggenberg has a little something and I've felt Cowlishaw was a good fit for the Ticket since he started appearing with the Musers. I never listened to his show back in the day, but he seems like he has a good sense of humor and interest in things outside of the sports world. Plus he's a Texas Ex which is always good.  

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Wilonsky was talking about that Mac's BBQ off of deep ellum that his grandpa, dad, himself, and son had been going to for 60 years. Had never heard of it so looked it up and they did a DMN article right before it closed that featured Wilonsky's late father. 

https://www.dallasnews.com/food/restaurant-news/2021/07/23/a-dying-breed-after-66-years-macs-bar-b-que-is-closing-in-dallas/

14 hours ago, Speedtrucker said:

When my dad and I were both at DoJ entities and in Dallas for a short period of time at the same time, we would have lunch at Mac’s once a week. Every so often my mom would join us.

It was old school BBQ and he’d always give my old man and me extra brown with our brisket. He’d also give us a hard time why the Judge wasn’t with us when my mom didn’t join us.

We loved that place. He was old school BBQ and he was old school in general.

My pops went a couple of time before they shut down so he could get a few more brisket, extra brown and jalapeño sausage plates.

I'd never heard of Mac's until the news broke about it closing. It wasn't very far from my downtown office so I made it over and checked it out. It was definitely old school. Not bad but it wasn't too terribly memorable compared to what else is offered in and around DFW now.

2 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

DJ Riggenberg has a little something and I've felt Cowlishaw was a good fit for the Ticket since he started appearing with the Musers. I never listened to his show back in the day, but he seems like he has a good sense of humor and interest in things outside of the sports world. Plus he's a Texas Ex which is always good.  

Cowlishaw is a good dude. Spent quite a few nights in bars with him after Stars playoff games back when he was still drinking. He's much more tolerable on The Ticket where he can be a role player and not have to try and be the station "star."

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

Her body is okay. It depends on when I see her. Lately it’s been average. It doesn’t matter. 

If she wasn’t on tv you wouldn’t give her a second glance in the wild. Dan, as usual, was 100% correct on Julie being press box hot. I liked her chemistry with Dan, I just don’t think she fits in any other capacity. 
She has kids so the usual process/pathway to getting into tier 3 has passed her by. I miss Layla and Martine. 

Edited by XForce
Remembered Martine

1 hour ago, XForce said:

If she wasn’t on tv you wouldn’t give her a second glance in the wild. Dan, as usual, was 100% correct on Julie being press box hot. I liked her chemistry with Dan, I just don’t think she fits in any other capacity. 
She has kids so the usual process/pathway to getting into tier 3 has passed her by. I miss Layla and Martine. 

I’m around her in social settings. Trust me, I agree. She’s not at all cute. Julie isn’t much better from what I can tell. Both are attention whores but have little talent. 

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

Mino playing a drop of Omar whistling when Danny asked them to guess what tv show has been on repeat at his house the last two weeks is why he’s the best 

I'd nominate him playing "I've heard bad reviews" when Bob asked the rest of WTDS if they'd seen the Madden documentary.

“How in the Kate McKinnon do we get little Emmanuel Lewis on the field beating us every time he shows up to the stadium.”

”Hey, maybe if Dak’s tired of hearing about being in a slump, he oughta quit being in a fucking slump.”

56 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Corby crying about NIL being why Caleb left OU makes me so happy. 

Just hearing it now on the app. Too bad I can't rewind and hear it again. 

The only thing I agree with him on is the cheating analogy as I've been using it myself. If you are a C student and have the answers to all the tests, you miss a couple questions on purpose so you won't draw suspicion. Fuck a&m. 

On 1/2/2022 at 11:05 AM, mdmost said:

Junior.

"NBA" Craig at it again this morning. What a horrible Dirk segment. Junior is the fucking worst. At least it was followed by all the George laughs about the fart in a jar story. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Fudbelty said:

I don’t get how Ginobli is credited with the “Euro Step” but he is Argentine?

Sarunas Marciulionis is actually credit for it even though there is footage of Dr. J, Elgin Baylor, and other guys doing it as far back as the 60s.

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

3 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

i was listening to those segments at the gym on delay.  people were looking at me weird because i was laughing so much.

I was laughing too hard to remember who said it... Danny? But when they said his wife would have to pay Angel by farting in a jar I lost it. Hardest I've laughed during her hardline in a long time. 

4 hours ago, pops said:

I was laughing too hard to remember who said it... Danny? But when they said his wife would have to pay Angel by farting in a jar I lost it. Hardest I've laughed during her hardline in a long time. 

it was Danny. Julie was crying at the time.

i listened again this morning since i missed some of the first segment.  i was dying all over again.

that was some old school Snake Pit. 

• Like 2