Veep (final season) - March 31

Js1

Only complaints two episodes in is so many scenes taking place in New Hampshire with no Uncle Jeff?   It’s the last fucking season, what are you saving him for?  And the fucking sound mixing is for shit.  The reason true fans from day one love this show is the little mumbles that come from a secondary character after the main line is delivered but if I’m turning it up to 50 and still can’t make out the joke, that’s on them.  After Richard says he’s from that town but doesn’t like to brag, I couldn’t make out anything until he says grandma made up the term.  

Anyway, looking forward to tonight.  Gary’s facial expressions this season already deserve their own Emmy even if he doesn’t say one line.   

I say shit, you say show!

From four years ago!

My God this show isn’t pulling any punches in its final season.

And I keep going back and forth on how I think it will end -

A - Selina finally triumphs and wins.

B - We get a real life Trump analog in a Jonah win (no CR) and Selina ends as she started, always the loser.

You want me to think about the children, you hog-fingering fucks? Well, I did think about this. I considered it, and I cried, and yeah, suck my cock, I even prayed a little, and here I am. So you can back the fuck off, you hypocritical cunts, before I show up to the piss puddle that is your house and protest your husband whacking it to your daughter's seventh grade yearbook.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

From the preview-

Selina- How about White, College educated in South Carolina

Kent- That demographic doesn't make up a very big piece of the pie

And Dan knowing the brand of abortion machine was so great. 

Who's this?

I'm the proud not to be father. 

Edited by JimmyHoffa

36 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

this is one of the funniest shows of all time...but jonah's character is flirting with caricature status.  getting a little over the top and not quite paced properly with the rest of the cast. 

there, i said it.

Well said...when he had to interact with more of the cast members...his character was at its peak.  He still has Richard and Patton Oswalt, but it's getting sublime...and not in a good way.  I understand that in his mind, the only way to get respect is to go big...but it's a bit much.  Here's the way I can add to your insight...I used to look forward to his scenes and now...they are not fast-forward cringe-worthy, but they are just something to sit through hoping that Splett or Uncle Jeff show up.  

17 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

this is one of the funniest shows of all time...but jonah's character is flirting with caricature status.  getting a little over the top and not quite paced properly with the rest of the cast. 

there, i said it.

Can't agree more. Used to love his scenes. Now, for me, they have become a beating. Bringing the Uncle on would help.

Jonah scenes are getting too ridiculous and cringy.  I much prefer Selina/Gary/Amy/Dan/Kent/Ben scenes. 

Like, we get it - Jonah is tall.  He's creepy.  He says and does shit he isn't supposed to in public. 

More Richard, less Jonah. 

Catherine: Is that cat the new mayor?

Richard: No, he's a cat. Ha, could you imagine? 

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Jonah scenes are getting too ridiculous and cringy.  I much prefer Selina/Gary/Amy/Dan/Kent/Ben scenes. 

Like, we get it - Jonah is tall.  He's creepy.  He says and does shit he isn't supposed to in public. 

Gary's reactions and facial expressions are sometimes my favorite parts of a scene. Him walking around with that giant carrot and then putting the goldfish in his bag was fucking hilarious. 

Edited by JimmyHoffa

14 minutes ago, JimmyHoffa said:

Gary's reactions and facial expressions are sometimes my favorite parts of a scene. Him walking around with that giant carrot and then putting the goldfish in his bag was fucking hilarious. 

Tom: She's afraid you'll follow her and beat her up in the bathroom.

Gary: Yeah you would've! 

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

"this isn't nebraska..."

From the preview-
Selina- How about White, College educated in South Carolina
Kent- That demographic doesn't make up a very big piece of the pie

And Dan knowing the brand of abortion machine was so great. 
Who's this?
I'm the proud not to be father. 

Jesus christ dont bury the punch line.
That's the shelby cobra of vag vacs has to be top 3 line in the show.
  • Like 1

The abortion stuff was almost insulting but I was still laughing.  

Line from 2 weeks ago "A two woman ticket? The American people don't need that bullshit in their lives" killed me.  Also, the lines about fucking her sister when she was passed out and then the "don't wear white pants".  line after line gold.  It's like the finale of a fireworks show.