Veep (final season) - March 31

Js1

I was behind and just watched the last 4 episodes in a row. HILARIOUS

I think that she picks Richard as her veep and then she wins but somehow doesn't get to be President (won't even begin to try and guess) so the show ends with him becoming President. 

Hard to pick a favorite line.

The level of incompetence in this office is just st.…..

What a callback.

He will never see you as anything other than the TGI Friday's hostess on Proactiv who lets him bend you over his desk while you close your eyes to avoid coming face to face with that framed photo of his family's trip to Aspen while he drowns your Little Mermaid back tat in a pool of jizz and admires his own reflection.

Yeah this is Jeff Kane, who am I speaking with? Ah. how's your dad? Uh huh, uh huh— okay SHUT THE FUCK UP! Listen, you Subaru driving bull dykes, you better back Jonah on the next ballot or you will be leaf peeping from inside your own maple syrup soaked assholes!

I have been to Buffalo 6 times and I'm not even a serial rapist

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

He will never see you as anything other than the TGI Friday's hostess on Proactiv who lets him bend you over his desk while you close your eyes to avoid coming face to face with that framed photo of his family's trip to Aspen while he drowns your Little Mermaid back tat in a pool of jizz and admires his own reflection.

Gary pointing to his face as she says Proactiv just killed me.

Also Dan still looking 34 at the funeral.

"He will never see you as anything other than the TGI Friday's hostess on Proactive who lets him bend you over his desk while you close your eyes to avoid coming face to face with that framed photo of his family's trip to Aspen while he drowns your Little Mermaid back tat in a pool of jizz and admires his own reflection."

My utmost admiration for the writers on that one.  Might be the most colorful of the entire series and that's saying a lot.  I would have loved to have been at the writer's table just once.

Props to the ending, too.  The series and in particular the last season showed us how the system we have and how awful the voters are give us the people we have.  Selina sold her soul to get the admiration and votes of people who hated her daughter and people like her.  She was elected but had no one around her.

Brilliant show all around.  Dreyfus is truly a master of her craft.  Might be one of the best comedic actors every considering the length of her career and how she still delivers.

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

I can’t wait for Philadelphia 2.

This kind of throwaway line is what makes this show so great.

1 hour ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Yeah that was a great way to end that show.

And yeah Tom Hanks bumping her at the end was perfect.

The Tom Hanks thing is straight from the very first episode.  I'm quoting from memory, but it was basically this - She's talking to Mike.  She just used the word "retard" in a speech and it's generating a lot of heat.  He says something like "well, maybe something will happen to bump it from the news cycle."  She says "Like what?"  And Mike says "I don't know, what if Tom Hanks dies? - not wishing it would happen, just saying anything could happen."

The finale was full of references to earlier shows - the horse in the inauguration video, Billy Joel, the almonds off the top of my head.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Lulz at the reactions to choosing Jonah as VP. All of these terrible jaded people with no conscience, but that was a step too far. 

And yet Amy gets stuck as CoS to the VP (again) because she can't walk away, unlike Ken. 

1 minute ago, Liquor and Poker said:

This kind of throwaway line is what makes this show so great.

The Tom Hanks thing is straight from the very first episode.  I'm quoting from memory, but it was basically this - She's talking to Mike.  She just used the word "retard" in a speech and it's generating a lot of heat.  He says something like "well, maybe something will happen to bump it from the news cycle."  She says "Like what?"  And Mike says "I don't know, what if Tom Hanks dies? - not wishing it would happen, just saying anything could happen."

The finale was full of references to earlier shows - the horse in the inauguration video, Billy Joel, the almonds off the top of my head.

Would you like 6 almonds?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Like 1

Just watched it again.  Just tons of great lines.  These were all in about a 5-minute period:

The Ukraine.  A Wisconsin sister-state.

So we'll put a pin in that.  That too.

Look, I love America, but it is time to face facts. This is a horrific country that is falling apart because it is full of people who are different than me.

We ruled out beets because he doesn't know what those are. Then had to rule it right back in for the same reason.

No, Senator, this whole Meyer Fund story is a distraction, sir, the way a magician does tricks to distract you from how depressing his life is.

White male, type 2 diabetes.  Also type 1.

Right now every Sunday pundit and poli-sci major is treating the brokered convention like it's a big-titted college gymnast whose daddy fucked with her just enough that she'll do some dirty shit, but she can still cum...but if we don't pillow smother this sad grandma of a convention lickety-fucking-split we are gonna wind up with four more years of Montez clogging up the White House plumbing with tampons

Can't believe Amy married Bill Erickson. 

What a great finale.  The comedy never fell off.   And the most brilliant part, I think, is how the writers subtly subverted the cynicism of the entire show with the mentions of two terms of Kemi and then Richard, the latter of whom brings peace to the Middle East.  We've been watching the hilariously awful sociopaths running the government on this show, but it's more about those people than an inevitability in our political system.   America will actually get through it in the end.   Loved it. 

Edited by Mojo Hand

19 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

What a great finale.  The comedy never fell off.   And the most brilliant part, I think, is how the writers subtly subverted the cynicism of the entire show with the mentions of two terms of Kemi and then Richard, the latter of whom brings peace to the Middle East.  We've been watching the hilariously awful sociopaths running the government on this show, but it's more about those people than an inevitability in our political system.   America will actually get through it in the end.   Loved it. 

And that Jonah got his ass impeached.