Christchurch, NZ mosque shooting

Brisketexan

Just watched the video.

Talking like he just played a video game.

I've seen a lot of shit because, like Cohle Rust said, "I will not avert my eyes."  There are very few instances where I've seen something as or more chilling than what the Mexican Cartels do to people, but this one is right there.  Pure insanity driven evil.

Do not watch unless you're prepared to never unsee it again.

Edited by Cajun

1 minute ago, Fozzz said:

Of course this dude was a white-genocider type. People who buy into that ideology should be put down. 

No problem with that here.

Shit, just call HPD on them.  Tell 'em they're slingin' rock right outta the house.

34 minutes ago, Cajun said:

And for those of you just dying to vomit up all the examples of how your team has fewer nutters than the other team, please, just spare us all the the pain of sharing in your ignorance.

Amen. Hate is hate. No need to use this tragedy as a platform for your "side". No points have been scored here.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Amen. Hate is hate. No need to use this tragedy as a platform for your "side". No points have been scored here.

They probably won't, but trust me, they're dying to.

When you get on these unscrubbed "liveleak" type sites that show all the ugliness all over the world you realize that no one has the high ground.  No one at all.

Well, except maybe the Tibetans.

28 minutes ago, Cajun said:

NZ gun laws are less restrictive than Australia.

That said, there's mandatory background checks for all owners and each owner must be licensed.

Didn't make a shit.

Australia has pretty much banned guns I think.  As restrictive as NZ may be, Australia is more.

6 minutes ago, Cajun said:

They probably won't, but trust me, they're dying to.

When you get on these unscrubbed "liveleak" type sites that show all the ugliness all over the world you realize that no one has the high ground.  No one at all.

Well, except maybe the Tibetans.

Yeah. Seeing some of the 'green text' from 8chan on this makes me believe it's time to nuke earth and start again.

6 minutes ago, UTGrad98 said:

It’s time to unplug the internet. The human race is too evil to handle it. 

Unfortunately, it’s socially acceptable in our society to believe that Muslims are sub-human monsters who are threatening the continued existence of western civilization.   It’s perfectly fine to go on national tv in this country and suggest that people of that faith aren’t real Americans and their values are wholly incompatable with our own. That has to change. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Unfortunately, it’s socially acceptable in our society to believe that Muslims are sub-human monsters who are threatening the continued existence of western civilization.   It’s perfectly fine to go on national tv in this country and suggest that people of that faith aren’t real Americans and their values are wholly incompatable with our own. That has to change. 

Oh, there's a whole bunch that has to change that you conveniently left out.

Like clockwork...

Go spend 6 hours on Bestgore and Liveleak and then get back to me on what else has to change after you've done some homework.

Perhaps you might want to start with the Mexican cartels skinning kids alive for the cameras.  Or listen to the interview with the Mexican Mafia convict detailing how he trained right across the border to extract information from captives by "cooking them alive".  

Then you can graduate to the Brazil chronicles.  Better to dip your toe in first though.

Oh, and don't forget those zany ISIS, what with drowning peeps in cages and their slo mo shotgunned head extravaganzas.

Edited by Cajun
  • Like 2

*Tries to keep this as non CR as possible*

I don't see how some of you can say this isn't political, just hate. The fucking guy's whole manifesto was political. SDS (to go on the other side for balance) was political, even though there are nutjobs who believed their causes were noble instead of the political domestic terrorist they were. Same thing for Timothy McVeigh (though I've never heard anyone in their right mind defend him) and the guy who shot up the Republican baseball practice. 

Now I can agree that after these shootings that we, as a society, shouldn't politicize more than what they already are. Just think it's disingenuous to say it's not political.

Hate and politics can coincide together. 

• Like 3

Just now, BigHorn'13 said:

I don't see how some of you can say this isn't political, just hate. The fucking guy's whole manifesto was political. SDS (to go on the other side for balance) was political, even though there are nutjobs who believed their causes were noble instead of the political domestic terrorist they were. Same thing for Timothy McVeigh (though I've never heard anyone in their right mind defend him) and the guy who shot up the Republican baseball practice. 

Now I can agree that after these shootings that we, as a society, shouldn't politicize more than what they already are. Just think it's disingenuous to say it's not political.

Like trying not to “CR” a thread discussing Kristallnacht. 

Tarrant wrote a chillingly warped 74-page manifesto after he was inspired by Anders Breivik - the far-right terrorist who killed 69 kids of a Workers' Youth League on the island of Utøya in Norway.

The shooter vowed to take revenge for the "thousands of European lives lost to terror attacks".

In the sickening manifesto, titled The Great Replacement, he declared that he wishes he'd "killed more invaders and traitors".

He also wrote: "I have read the writings of Dylan Roof and many others, but only really took true inspiration from Knight Justiciar Breivik."

This fucking guy again. Still spewing his nonstop bullshit from behind bars.

49 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Of course this dude was a white-genocider type. People who buy into that ideology should be put down. 

In the interest of diversity and inclusion should we just throw all genociders into the mix?

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

I bet the people saying it’s just hate and crazy people doing crazy shit would change their tune if the shooter was some left wing environmentalist nut job and we had a near monthly run going on years of tree huggers shooting up schools and churches due to online radicalization.

They would be absolutely right to do so. Drawing attention to it is important.  Acknowledging the problem and calling it out is the first step before we can start talking about preventative solutions.  If you refuse to acknowledge the socio-political angle of these violent episodes, you’re part of the problem. 

It’s not about right or left.  We’re all on the same team and I’d hope we’d agree the world would be a better place without mass murdering terrorists, regardless of their politics. 

35 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Oh, there's a whole bunch that has to change that you conveniently left out.

Like clockwork...

Go spend 6 hours on Bestgore and Liveleak and then get back to me on what else has to change after you've done some homework.

Perhaps you might want to start with the Mexican cartels skinning kids alive for the cameras.  Or listen to the interview with the Mexican Mafia convict detailing how he trained right across the border to extract information from captives by "cooking them alive".  

Then you can graduate to the Brazil chronicles.  Better to dip your toe in first though.

Oh, and don't forget those zany ISIS, what with drowning peeps in cages and their slo mo shotgunned head extravaganzas.

You and I partake in vastly different sections of the internet. I have zero interest in watching anything remotely close. I don’t need to see evil acts to know evil exists

Edited by Brew
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Yeah. Imagine 10 year old brains in 25 year old male virgins.

Fuck anyone who even vaguely supports the idea that "they had it coming"   disgusting... but it shows their true character or lack thereof.

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I bet the people saying it’s just hate and crazy people doing crazy shit would change their tune if the shooter was some left wing environmentalist nut job and we had a near monthly run going on years of tree huggers shooting up schools and churches due to online radicalization.

Take that shit back to the CR.

24 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Something about this always bothered me. I was a freshman in high school when 9/11 happened and lived in probably the most diverse part of Houston (Alief) which is one of the most diverse cities in the world, imo. Seeing the fear of muslims and even non muslims who just happened to be from (or descendants of) the same areas of the world everyday thereafter made me feel bad for them. I purposefully made a point to learn as much as I could about different religions and cultures to educate myself and have a better understanding of the people of my community. 

And that's the problem I see with a lot of issues. Seems like few are willing to listen, communicate, or educate themselves on issues they have already formed an opinion on. I distinctly remember my mother professing a sentiment that was fairly commonplace at the time, that "the good muslims, if there are such a thing, need to come out and condemn these acts." The problem is there were plenty of them doing just that. Even bigger of a problem, why must every Muslim come out and defend their religion? Why can't we educate ourselves on the issues within the Muslim faith and engage with them?

Knowledge and dialogue should be the starting point to solving many problems. After that, I haven't the slightest clue what is next. I just know it's important to familiarize yourself with these topics and listen to everyone, especially those of whom you disagree with. As an example, I'll frequently listen to Rush Limbaugh and Rachel Maddow occasionally even though I find the two repulsive (and swear they're the same person on different sides of the isle.) Why? Because I already know what the issues are. But I want to hear why it's an issue from each of them. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Loco said:

Fuck anyone who even vaguely supports the idea that "they had it coming"   disgusting... but it shows their true character or lack thereof.

I think 99% of people understand that the banter on the internet is not "real life". 1% don't. That's the 1% that scares the shit out of me.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Brew said:

You and I partake in vastly different sections of the internet. I have zero interest in watching anything remotely close. I don’t need to see evil acts to know evil exists

You and I don’t have to be alike.

i didn’t see a post from you acting as if just one segment of who we are needs to come correct for things to be ok.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

They would be absolutely right to do so. Drawing attention to it is important.  Acknowledging the problem and calling it out is the first step before we can start talking about preventative solutions.  If you refuse to acknowledge the socio-political angle of these violent episodes, you’re part of the problem. 

It’s not about right or left.  We’re all on the same team and I’d hope we’d agree the world would be a better place without mass murdering terrorists, regardless of their politics. 

See but this is how dialogue doesn't go anywhere. First, you're degrading yourself down to "Well if this had been the other way around..." People tend to automatically tune the rest of what your saying off because you're starting at a point of contention. Same with "acknowledging the problem." "The problem" isn't the same problem to everyone. 

It's a delicate balance you have to walk if you want anything positive to come from it. 

1 minute ago, BigHorn'13 said:

See but this is how dialogue doesn't go anywhere. First, you're degrading yourself down to "Well if this had been the other way around..." People tend to automatically tune the rest of what your saying off because you're starting at a point of contention. Same with "acknowledging the problem." "The problem" isn't the same problem to everyone. 

It's a delicate balance you have to walk if you want anything positive to come from it. 

Case in point

13 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Take that shit back to the CR.

A much better approach?

6 minutes ago, Cajun said:

You and I don’t have to be alike.

i didn’t see a post from you acting as if just one segment of who we are needs to come correct for things to be ok.

23 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Try again

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Yeah, the time for being delicate about it has past.   I’ll be saying the same thing in a month when another dozen people are gunned down by some racist 8chan asshole afraid of brown people.  They can continue to ignore me if they want but I’m not going to sugarcoat it. 

• Fuck You 3

Yep.
We all nod our heads in condemnation of, say, ISIS recruiting. They sow seeds of hate, demonize the “other,” and inspire people to act against the other.

That’s bad. It should be avoided.

Yet here we are, celebrating and electing people who do just that.

Radicalization and demonization have proven, predictable consequences. Writing it off as “a few crazies” is a chickenshit copout. The folks who say that don’t call Muslim terrorists “a few crazies.” These are not “a few crazies.” They are proven, expected, and natural results of radicalization and demonization. You have no right to act surprised and appalled when the seeds of hatred that have been sowed and fertilized eventually yield their bloody fruit.

The main answer is to stop sowing the seeds of these events. But that ain’t gonna stop any time soon. I’m the entire world, we seem to be doubling down on it. So be it. There will be blood.
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

I think 99% of people understand that the banter on the internet is not "real life". 1% don't. That's the 1% that scares the shit out of me.

I think quite a few people (not just weirdos on the internet) do believe extremely hateful things about Muslims - that they don't have a place here and their presence is actively harmful to our social fabric.  They don't act on those beliefs because they are not willing to sacrifice themselves - they have jobs, families, and other things to live for.  imo, when you combine those beliefs with someone who feels like they don't have much to otherwise live for is when things like this happen.

1 hour ago, Cajun said:

Just watched the video.

Talking like he just played a video game.

I've seen a lot of shit because, like Cohle Rust said, "I will not avert my eyes."  There are very few instances where I've seen something as or more chilling than what the Mexican Cartels do to people, but this one is right there.  Pure insanity driven evil.

Do not watch unless you're prepared to never unsee it again.

Where the hell is the video? I've been looking for it since yesterday.

10 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Yes. Clearly he was joking. A real punster, this guy was.

Read the rest of his manifesto, Jack. Big chunks read like the masturbatory fantasies about “preserving our culture and way of life” that your band of hucksters trade in. You don’t get to call a people things like “semiliterate primitive monkeys” without knowing that shit like this will happen (looking at you, Tucker).

That manifesto is a Rorschach test painted on a Rubik's Cube and then thrown into a food processor.  There's something in it for every part of the political spectrum.  Yes he claims he was inspired by Candice Owens (even says some of her ideas are too radical for him) and yet he also claims he is going to down in history in the same terms as Nelson Mandela.  He makes every single person ever accused of trolling on this site look like a troll zygote by comparison.  Yes, he rants a lot about fertility rates but he also rants a lot about environmentalism (being in favor of it) and against corporatism.   He made sure to put stuff in there that would allow everyone interpreting it to stir the shit in any direction they please.

9 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yeah, the time for being delicate about it has past.   I’ll be saying the same thing in a month when another dozen people are gunned down by some racist 8chan asshole afraid of brown people.  They can continue to ignore me if they want but I’m not going to sugarcoat it. 

Then I truly worry for your mental well being moving forward. Careful, because that's how these things start. You may be far from radicalization/ extremism/ whatever you want to call it but these things tend to be a slippery slope. 

Not trying to be a dick either. As stated, I'll continue to listen to people like you because I still think it's important to. 

6 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

I think quite a few people (not just weirdos on the internet) do believe extremely hateful things about Muslims - that they don't have a place here and their presence is actively harmful to our social fabric.  They don't act on those beliefs because they are not willing to sacrifice themselves - they have jobs, families, and other things to live for.  imo, when you combine those beliefs with someone who feels like they don't have much to otherwise live for is when things like this happen.

I would venture to say that most believe that radical Muslim theology (and radical Christian theology) does not comport with our Constitution. I think we need to be careful to separate legitimate discourse from these actions. Anyone stifling speech is only creating more anger in these radical segments of our society and giving them a "straw man" enemy.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yep.
We all nod our heads in condemnation of, say, ISIS recruiting. They sow seeds of hate, demonize the “other,” and inspire people to act against the other.

That’s bad. It should be avoided.

Yet here we are, celebrating and electing people who do just that.

Radicalization and demonization have proven, predictable consequences. Writing it off as “a few crazies” is a chickenshit copout. The folks who say that don’t call Muslim terrorists “a few crazies.” These are not “a few crazies.” They are proven, expected, and natural results of radicalization and demonization. You have no right to act surprised and appalled when the seeds of hatred that have been sowed and fertilized eventually yield their bloody fruit.

The main answer is to stop sowing the seeds of these events. But that ain’t gonna stop any time soon. I’m the entire world, we seem to be doubling down on it. So be it. There will be blood.

The problem is that it’s an endless loop. Demonizing an entire class of people based on the actions of a minority solves nothing. But ignoring that said minority exists, and claiming anyone that associates the act with the class is bigoted, also solves nothing. Pick your poison: Muslims and terrorism, blacks and drugs/crime, Mexicans and illegal immigration, Whites and oppression, etc.

Not every Muslim is a terrorist, regardless if they are sympathetic to the plight or not. We all agree that terrorists are bad. We also agree that an innocent Muslim should not be victim to hatred acts perpetrated by those fueled by fear. Where’s the balance and how do we solve it?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Then I truly worry for your mental well being moving forward. Careful, because that's how these things start. You may be far from radicalization/ extremism/ whatever you want to call it but these things tend to be a slippery slope. 

Not trying to be a dick either. As stated, I'll continue to listen to people like you because I still think it's important to. 

Bingo. And that's the problem. It's all about finger pointing instead of looking in the mirror. We all can do better at driving out hate but it starts with who you see first thing in the morning while brushing your teeth. There is no such thing as "good hate" or "not as bad hate" it's still hate some people just don't want to realize they are in some cases a part of the reason there is so much hate "from the other side".

We all need to do a better job of being more open and listen, don't agree with someone on a topic? Fine but that isn't a reason to hate them or surround yourself with people that hate the same way you do. That doesn't solve the problem it only makes it worse. 

• Like 2