Christchurch, NZ mosque shooting

Brisketexan

Just now, Cajun said:

sigh

Obtuse gonna obtuse just like nutter gonna nutter I guess.

it is amazing...you attempt at least 50 of these one-liners each day and i have never seen anyone actually fail to land one like you.  congrats.

4 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Yeah, that's about what I thought 8Chan would amount to.

no, that was texags...not 8chan.  8chan was substantially worse.  it is essentially a cheering section for despicable atrocities against basic human dignity.

2 minutes ago, Cajun said:

sigh

Obtuse gonna obtuse just like nutter gonna nutter I guess.

Well, we are being told that Jussie Smollett is just one of limitless fakes, so much so, that we really can't trust that any racially motivated actions are real.  Seriously, he's being waved around more than the American flag these days.  But I guess it's all cool.

Rape doesn't happen, because some people falsely report it, so we should stop worrying about it.

Hate crimes don't happen, because Jussie Smollett.

But heaven forbid someone should even point out Jacob Wohl making false reports.....and facing ZERO consequences.  

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, we are being told that Jussie Smollett is just one of limitless fakes, so much so, that we really can't trust that any racially motivated actions are real.  Seriously, he's being waved around more than the American flag these days.  But I guess it's all cool.

Rape doesn't happen, because some people falsely report it, so we should stop worrying about it.

Hate crimes don't happen, because Jussie Smollett.

But heaven forbid someone should even point out Jacob Wohl making false reports.....and facing ZERO consequences.  

Shut up Brisket, that's not what I said at all.  My point wasn't race or political, it was just that there have been too many a-holes making shit up giving fodder to the other a-holes.  

Get over yourself man.

I didn't even know who Jacob Wohl was.  But yeah, then that's a fine example and I apologize for the "obtuse" thing.  Again, though, go flail your arms around somewhere else.

Edited by Cajun
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Shut up Brisket, that's not what I said at all.

Get over yourself man.

I didn't even know who Jacob Wohl was.  But yeah, then that's a fine example and I apologize for the "obtuse" thing.  Again, though, go flail your arms around somewhere else.

I'm just sick and fucking tired of there being zero accountability for the lies and hatred being spewed by Rush, Tucker, Trump, Hannity, and the list goes on for pages.......but if anyone who disagrees with them ever so much as jimmied a free coke out of a soda machine, they are forever discounted, AND everyone who stands on the same side of the aisle is discounted.

The President and his band of white nationalists lie and spew venom, and they have zero responsibility or accountability for ANYTHING.

One person lies about being a victim of a racial attack, and that's the end of anyone ever discussing racial crimes ever again.  It's fucking bullshit.

• Like 4
  • Fuck You 3

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I'm just sick and fucking tired of there being zero accountability for the lies and hatred being spewed by Rush, Tucker, Trump, Hannity, and the list goes on for pages.......but if anyone who disagrees with them ever so much as jimmied a free coke out of a soda machine, they are forever discounted, AND everyone who stands on the same side of the aisle is discounted.

The President and his band of white nationalists lie and spew venom, and they have zero responsibility or accountability for ANYTHING.

One person lies about being a victim of a racial attack, and that's the end of anyone ever discussing racial crimes ever again.  It's fucking bullshit.

Like I said, get over yourself.

No one, at least not I, ever fucking said that.

I admit I hair-triggered on the "obtuse" statement and read something into it that wasn't there.

You should do the same.

Edited by Cajun

Just now, sidis said:

that's called projection... 

and you didn't own up to shit.

No, it's called waking up from a nap to take my kid to her mom's and I responded in a knee-jerk, hurried fashion.

Go play junior psychologist somewhere else little fella.

1 minute ago, Cajun said:

Like I said, get over yourself.

No one, at least not I, ever fucking said that.

There's an entire fucking thread here in masturbatory celebration of just that -- the majority of supposed racially motivated crimes are fake.  And Jussie Smollet's name has made it into THIS THREAD several times already.  I doubt it's because some posters are just huge fans of "Empire."

Just now, Cajun said:

No, it's called waking up from a nap to take my kid to her mom's and I responded in a knee-jerk, hurried fashion.

Go play junior psychologist somewhere else little fella.

so fucking weak...just like lying about not knowing who jacob wohl is.

Just now, sidis said:

so fucking weak...just like lying about not knowing who jacob wohl is.

I have no idea who the fuck he is.  I still haven't looked him up.  I will when I get home.

Meanwhile, I'll let you get back to prancing around with your pitchfork without any worry of reprucussion.

So cute when you think you've got it.

I have no idea who the fuck he is.  I still haven't looked him up.  I will when I get home.

Meanwhile, I'll let you get back to prancing around with your pitchfork without any worry of reprucussion.

So cute when you think you've got it.

this makes absolutely no sense.

If that’s what you need to believe oh keeper of truth & virtue.

I don't need to believe shit.  And I sure as shit ain't a keeper of truth and virtue -- those are dead-fucking-letters, and I ain't a museum archivist.

Evasion and excuse-making is the order of the day.  You do a mighty fine job of it.  Congrats, you're a true American.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Shut up Brisket, that's not what I said at all.  My point wasn't race or political, it was just that there have been too many a-holes making shit up giving fodder to the other a-holes.  

Get over yourself man.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Just now, Brisketexan said:

I don't need to believe shit.  And I sure as shit ain't a keeper of truth and virtue -- those are dead-fucking-letters, and I ain't a museum archivist.

Evasion and excuse-making is the order of the day.  You do a mighty fine job of it.  Congrats, you're a true American.

Oh, you’re Oh so right man.  You’re always right.  And so smart & sharp.  Thanks for just sharing oxygen with me Brisket.  No really, you’re just nailing me here.

thank you for so freeing doling out your genius and wisdom. We are truly not worthy

• Fuck You 1

Just now, Cajun said:

Oh, you’re Oh so right man.  You’re always right.  And so smart & sharp.  Thanks for just sharing oxygen with me Brisket.  No really, you’re just nailing me here.

thank you for so freeing doling out your genius and wisdom. We are truly not worthy

You're acquitting yourself quite well here.  Well-done, truly.  While you haven't pulled out "I know you are, but what am I," I believe in you -- I know you have it in you to be even MORE juvenile and pathetic.  Don't sell yourself short, Cajun...you're a TREMENDOUS slouch.

Don’t stop there Brisket, there much more of your smug act left in the tank, I just know it.  Cmon baby, I have faith in you!

maybe if you flail your arms around some more mosquito season wont be so bad.

Edited by Cajun

Don’t stop there Brisket, there much more of your smug act left in the tank, I just know it.  Cmon baby, I have faith in you!

maybe if you flail your arms around some more mosquito season wont be so bad.

My smugness isn't an act.  You should know that by now.

Just like your cowardice comes naturally to you.

Been on a plane the last nine hours so I’m way behind on reading this thread now, but I developed a theory, which i shall now state. 

Ahem. 

Ahem. 

So in the past, when a political party lost power, they would presume they had gone too far towards the margin, and would then course correct back towards the middle in order to get more votes. 

It seems now that when a party loses power, it thinks it was too centrist and heads further towards the fringe in an attempt to energize its base. 

A consequence of this is that the wacko fringe on each side is pushed further out, leading to more extremism. More extremism begets more violence in the name of the ideology. 

That is the theory on which I am speaking. 

Ahem. 

15 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Goddamnit, fuck.  

I regret this exchange.  I like you Brisket & we agree on too many other things.  

Can we bury this shit?  Hit reset?

the rest of you?  Bugger off

That's fair.  I just get pissed off by this shit....it's just this war, and that lying sonofabitch Johnson.

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

consequence of this is that the wacko fringe on each side is pushed further out, leading to more extremism. More extremism begets more violence in the name of the ideology. 

For some reason people think the parties get to decide if they’re going to go left or right.  This thinking is suspect IMO.  

The parties move in the direction they’re being pushed by the population and the population is being pushed by a lot of external forces (the media, socioeconomic situation, the opposition).  

There are some nefarious forces behind the curtain that try influence and radicalize these ideological shifts for financial and political gain but at the end of the day it’s on everyone to marginalize and expose those doing it so we don’t get everyone killed. 

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Every time I think you're on your way to being somewhat objective and reasonable your pure partisanship comes busting in the like the Kool Aid man. 

Let's see, what do all those guys have in common?

I couldn't agree more that the "conservative" media personalities are disgusting, and I couldn't agree more that they're wildly outnumbered by the hate spewing demagogues on every other mainstream outlet with the polar opposite tilt.

By far the most infuriating thing, to me, about political partisans of either stripe is the incessant delusion that any of them are different from each other in any substantive way.

You rant about painting whole swaths of people with the same hate-filled brush in several posts, yet you repeatedly castigate and demean millions of vile, slavish people merely because they watch Fox News or listen to Rush Limbaugh.  

You're no different than any other self righteous prick turning every tragedy into a podium for his political outrage/moral superiority.

And the sad thing is, I'm sure you're a fantastic husband/father/friend and great guy to watch a ballgame with.  The internet just turns us all into polarized shitheads who can't have a reasonable discussion because the deference we'd show each other in person somehow gets lost.

I hope everyone is having a nice evening. :)

• Like 5
  • Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Every time I think you're on your way to being somewhat objective and reasonable your pure partisanship comes busting in the like the Kool Aid man. 

Let's see, what do all those guys have in common?

I couldn't agree more that the "conservative" media personalities are disgusting, and I couldn't agree more that they're wildly outnumbered by the hate spewing demagogues on every other mainstream outlet with the polar opposite tilt.

By far the most infuriating thing, to me, about political partisans of either stripe is the incessant delusion that any of them are different from each other in any substantive way.

You rant about painting whole swaths of people with the same hate-filled brush in several posts, yet you repeatedly castigate and demean millions of vile, slavish people merely because they watch Fox News or listen to Rush Limbaugh.  

You're no different than any other self righteous prick turning every tragedy into a podium for his political outrage/moral superiority.

And the sad thing is, I'm sure you're a fantastic husband/father/friend and great guy to watch a ballgame with.  The internet just turns us all into polarized shitheads who can't have a reasonable discussion because the deference we'd show each other in person somehow gets lost.

I hope everyone is having a nice evening. :)

Second. I agree with everything you said. The interwebs seems to turn emotional intelligence into projection.

15 minutes ago, Jersey Man10 said:

What the fuck are you bitches arguing about. It's all pointless. Nothing will change.

We live in the freest, safest world, by FAR, that mankind has ever lived in.

Right now, in the USA, our citizens of every race/creed/color/sex/sexual orientation have never enjoyed more freedom and opportunity than they do today.

Things do change, and have been changing for the better, non-stop, for a very long time.

Europe's been at peace for the longest time in its history.  About 150 years ago, people in America kept human slaves.  100 years ago, women couldn't vote.  50+ years ago, blacks and Mexicans were still largely disenfranchised.  My gay nephew wouldn't have been able to be open about his sexuality if he'd attended high school with me, 30 years ago.  There are tons more examples.

It's bizarre:  our world has been on a steady path of spiritual evolution for a long time, yet we're running around like the world's going to hell.

I don't know, maybe it's because as we continue to evolve, we grow less and less tolerant of evil/injustice, so we become more outraged.

Edited by Augustus
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Second. I agree with everything you said. The interwebs seems to turn emotional intelligence into projection.

I'd wager that if we all got together for a backyard bbq at my house, we could have this same discussion with a lot more civility and consideration for each other's viewpoints.  Even if Hugo was there. ;) 

But get behind a keyboard and make us all anonymous......not a chance.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Crazy is going to crazy, people trying make these things political are full of shit.  And yes save it for the cloakroom.   No party has any part of any of the shit like this it’s crazy people, this blaming any crime on a party because of their political stance is bs.   Everyone has different views but we don’t kill people for not liking our views.   If you ask me we need a third party now that thinks normal cause this shit has gone Way too right and left too the extreme of views on either side and all they care about is proving the other wrong now.  

Nailed it. It is fucking sad when both sides do this. 

23 minutes ago, Jersey Man10 said:

What the fuck are you bitches arguing about. It's all pointless. Nothing will change.

It could, but it would take generations to do so, just like it took generations to get to this pathetic, lowly place we are now.

So...possible? Yes.  Probable?  No

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Someone asked earlier what the solution is. Maybe it’s to kill the Internet and go back to the days when we all knew not to talk about politics at parties.

It's not the medium - it's the message (and those who carry it).

Shaggy surly is just a microcosm but a good example. I've observed that those of us who have met in person honestly tend to hold punches. If that hasn't yet occurred I think there's something wired in us to remain cognizant that we're talking to other human beings when the flesh/blood is not there in front of us. Somewhere in our brains, we register that there's no threat of immediate physical violence and therefore social niceties aren't needed.

This, in turns, gives us an unconscious license to remove all the normal filters. If we're not purposefully conscious of that, our primitive ape brains take over and we just feel we can fling shit all over the place. Some have succumbed to self-radicalization because those same filters have been removed.

And now we're seeing it spread out into the real world. While very few of us would actually go so far as to resort to violence based on a stupid internet argument, I think we've all seen it elevate to that level where someone says something about meeting in person to duke it out. There's just a certain percentage of us that snap.

All of the above is my pseudo-psychological analysis of the general dilemma and doesn't take into account the pools of hateful bile that some folks revel swimming in on the internet. I think that's a parallel issue involving personality disorders and individuals who are skilled at the art of manipulating them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Clintonaldo said:

That’s because here everyone’s mind was made up the second it happened. 

We're going on the same old ride. This tragedy is just a shiny new vehicle but the destination is the same.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Augustus said:

I'd wager that if we all got together for a backyard bbq at my house, we could have this same discussion with a lot more civility and consideration for each other's viewpoints.  Even if Hugo was there. ;) 

But get behind a keyboard and make us all anonymous......not a chance.

I’m not sure I would survive such an encounter, what with all the hate I encountered in the CR. Wouldn’t trust some of those sumbitches to not go postal. I’d buy Hugo a beer though.

• Like 1