Jump to content
Parliament

Things not going well for Joe Biden

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

trump's pressers are ~ the same time every day.  they go on and on, but then they're over.  any semi-competent group of staffers and strategists can write up 5-10 minute quickie responses and trot biden in front of some cameras.  shit, they can go live-to-tape, it doesn't need to be "live" in front of tv cameras (nobody is doing that now anyway because of safety).  just get it out as a nightly "response" and people will pay attention. 

it will also further push trump towards insanity, and more unforced errors.  a response to his drivel is easy to write, because of his constant rudderless blathering and dithering administration. 

i'm not really 'mad' at biden right now for disappearing.  but at this point in the democratic primary process, he should have the all-star team as far as moderate/establishment staffer types.  they need to be on this.  he's not campaigning - what the fuck else is there to do?

Yes, he should.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bernie guy wanting to talk about the pettiness of someone else. 

alanis-ironic.jpg?w=675

Edited by mdmost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, that wasn't Bernie talk. That was referencing you specifically as the "Bernie guy". You've littered this thread with your pettiness towards Biden and want to slam someone else as being petty towards your guy. Hence Alanis. 

Edited by mdmost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just an asshole on the Internet, not a paid spokesperson for the presumptive Democratic nominee.

The amount of real estate I consume in the centrist Shag head is obscene. I'm like a Russian oligarch in Manhattan real estate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first part of your sentence is dead on. The rest is amusing especially your tactic/stock-Rocko-esque response. You spew all this crap yet if we respond in any way, you're "in our heads" or you occupy some sort of real estate. If we point out your massive hypocrisy, you respond with the same tired line, "Bernie talk in the Biden thread not going away". And your slam on centrists is ever amusing. Your far left side was resoundingly rejected in all but a few states.

Edited by mdmost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's going to be hilarious to watch the 180 flip both Republicans and Democrats will do when Joe becomes president, is completely incoherent, lies constantly, and is obviously mentally deficient.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

he did a ~10 min interview with jake tapper today.  here is some of it.

 

 

edited to add 1st part of the interview:

 

Edited by henrygandorf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Has Biden been asking for the defense production act to be enacted for months, or did he keep that to himself until now?

 

Does he have that authority?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

To go on tv and offer his opinion?  He sure does. 

But is it wise for him to do so?

It's obviously too much to hope for actual good candidates like Warren and Sanders, but can we at least have Kamala? Oh my god, please give me Booker at this point, I'd strangle a cat to replace Joe with Cory right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

But is it wise for him to do so?

It's obviously too much to hope for actual good candidates like Warren and Sanders, but can we at least have Kamala? Oh my god, please give me Booker at this point, I'd strangle a cat to replace Joe with Cory right now.

No. The nominee is going to be Joe Biden. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/23/2020 at 10:06 AM, wildcat09 said:

In a year guys like onboard will be enthusiastically rounding up opponents of their fuhrer who dared to rig the election by voting against Trump. They’ll argue that we can’t risk a transfer of power at the height of a pandemic that has killed millions of Americans and that doing so is treason.

Hahahahahahahahahaha....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, David Dennison said:

No. The nominee is going to be Joe Biden. 

This.  Deal with it.  He could be an inch from death and still be better than the dotard.  His job is to put the system back together.  He can do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

But is it wise for him to do so?

It's obviously too much to hope for actual good candidates like Warren and Sanders, but can we at least have Kamala? Oh my god, please give me Booker at this point, I'd strangle a cat to replace Joe with Cory right now.

Strangle a cat?  What are you a serial killer in training?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Deal with it.

Biden is the nominee and would probably be a marginally better president than Trump. I gladly accept this. So what does "deal with it" even mean?

Stop thinking critically? Stop making demands of Democratic leadership?

No thanks. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

Biden is the nominee and would probably be a marginally better president than Trump. I gladly accept this. So what does "deal with it" even mean?

Stop thinking critically? Stop making demands of Democratic leadership?

No thanks. :)

 

Marginally better? 

sure jan GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Yay!

 

then i'm glad these business leaders are suggesting the same people most of us have been suggesting.  this reminds me of the pete/zuckerberg stuff.

headline - zuckerberg and his wife privately recommended staff hires to buttigieg campaign.

left twitter - "zomg mark zuckerberg is hand-picking all high positions in rat-faced-pete's campaign he's so dirty billionaire billionaire!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

They are?

if that article is to be believed...

The names being floated and pushed to Biden include Sens. Kamala Harris, Amy Klobuchar and Catherine Cortez Masto; Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer; and Florida Rep. Val Demings.

i like all these names.  i'm also not a huge fan of abrams getting the nod, and she's not listed.  so yes, i like this list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, mdmost said:

 

It is a great ad to highlight the president’s failings on this issue. But what has Biden been saying the past 10 weeks?  He went dark for a couple weeks until recently, and now he’s talking about what he would have done and when he would have done it. Was he on camera or at rallies saying things in the moment?  If so, why not juxtapose trump in the ad with clips of joe saying things at similar dates that show he would have handled it differently/better?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

It is a great ad to highlight the president’s failings on this issue. But what has Biden been saying the past 10 weeks?  He went dark for a couple weeks until recently, and now he’s talking about what he would have done and when he would have done it. Was he on camera or at rallies saying things in the moment?  If so, why not juxtapose trump in the ad with clips of joe saying things at similar dates that show he would have handled it differently/better?

He didn't need to do anything but step back and let Trump trip all over his own dick. It was as easy as stepping-aside and watching the free-fall and subsequent finger pointing like the rest of us.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2020 at 2:32 PM, bad_teammate said:

"C'mon, man, I heard you liked me!"

A woman accusing Biden of pushing her against a wall and fingering her in 1993 when she was a Senate aid.

So, uh, 36+ hours later and no credible site has picked this up?  The only place I even see it being discussed is Bernie reddit.

For anyone reporting credible sexual assault allegations, I wouldn't recommend including a political hashtag with your allegations if you want the general public to take them seriously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The smarter political play is to just ignore it, not actively attack the credibility and character of a woman claiming sexual assault with zero evidence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

The smarter political play is to just ignore it, not actively attack the credibility and character of a woman claiming sexual assault with zero evidence.

In her tweet: #BernieIsOurFDR. That just screams credibility.  And I've seen on twitter she repeatedly supported Biden over the last 30 years and has recently expressed a strong affinity for Putin. You consider this a credible allegation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Zombie said:

In her tweet: #BernieIsOurFDR. That just screams credibility.  And I've seen on twitter she repeatedly supported Biden over the last 30 years and has recently expressed a strong affinity for Putin. You consider this a credible allegation?

What does anything you just said have to do with the credibility of the claim?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

So, uh, 36+ hours later and no credible site has picked this up?  The only place I even see it being discussed is Bernie reddit.

For anyone reporting credible sexual assault allegations, I wouldn't recommend including a political hashtag with your allegations if you want the general public to take them seriously.

You sound like a FNC Grandpa defending Trump.  It's disgusting.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

biden town hall on cnn tomorrow. 

not sure what they’ll talk about. 

Going to go out on a limb and say they totally ignore the allegation of rape against him.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

dude

Yes?

34 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

You sound like a FNC Grandpa defending Trump.  It's disgusting.  

It's always enjoyable to hear the psychological profiling of female sexual abuse victims from guys who spent their teens and 20s as bootstraps libertarians memorizing FBI crime statistics.

Zombie's post makes zero sense unless the reader is fully captured by some kind of MSNBC-induced brain disease. None of that shit has anything to do with whether or not she was sexually abused.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You sound like a FNC Grandpa defending Trump.  It's disgusting.  

In no way did I attack her credibility, defend Biden, or say the allegations shouldn’t be listened to and investigated. I merely stated that including a political hashtag is a really quick way for the general public to assume you have ulterior motives. Any further conclusions that you’ve made from my post are on you.

(I understand that you’re a troll, but it’s important that I make this point.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

In no way did I attack her credibility, defend Biden, or say the allegations shouldn’t be listened to and investigated. I merely stated that including a political hashtag is a really quick way for the general public to assume you have ulterior motives. Any further conclusions that you’ve made from my post are on you.

You are not an expert in these things. You don't know the psychology of abuse victims or the general public reaction to them. You are not a disinterested party, you're pretending to be. This is concern trolling.

You do not speak for the general public, so this kind of bullshit warning is just you telling on yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

So, uh, 36+ hours later and no credible site has picked this up?

What is a "credible site"?

Katie Halper says she spoke to Reade's brother and close friend, both of whom say she told them about Biden sexually assaulting right after it happened.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2020 at 8:58 AM, bad_teammate said:

Yay!

 

Gross.  When he said he was going to have a woman as his running mate, I assumed he knew who, and was doing sort of a teaser roll-out of the announcement.  Now it just looks like that was the qualifying criteria. It has a wisp of tokenism to it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...