Jump to content
Patricio Swayze

Embedding videos and photos

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, hornfan785 said:

Do gifv / mp4 links not embed?

https://i.imgur.com/xvZfUf5.gifv

 

23 hours ago, bolverk said:

I haven't tried it out yet, but I think I saw someone mention you have to take the v off of .gif.

it works, but you're defeating the purpose of a gifv. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

6 minutes ago, deadshank said:

Do we have to get to a certain post count prior to being able to upload images?

 

That would be a no, you don't upload images. you link them from sources like imgur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TexasFootball18 said:

 

That would be a no, you don't upload images. you link them from sources like imgur

OK, then.  Does one have to get to a certain post count before the are able to LINK them from sources like imgur?

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is there a way to get a non-graphical post editor?  i like mucking about with the bbcode myself.  don't see it in the options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, deadshank said:

OK, then.  Does one have to get to a certain post count before the are able to LINK them from sources like imgur?

 

 

 

no just put the URL in and it links, very easy. 

 

2 minutes ago, elfenix said:

is there a way to get a non-graphical post editor?  i like mucking about with the bbcode myself.  don't see it in the options.

It still works to post bbcode, I've done it many times, its multi purpose entry and accepts you typing it out like this:

<? code snipped ?>

 

that's using the code bbcode 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, TexasFootball18 said:

no just put the URL in and it links, very easy. 

 

It still works to post bbcode, I've done it many times, its multi purpose entry and accepts you typing it out like this:

[/quote] this looks really weird for me to type in the middle of your quote in the graphical editor.

Quote


<? code snipped ?>

 

 

that's using the code bbcode 

i know that, i still want to be able to see the bbcode itself. 

 

lets say i want to break your quote up to address different things.  easiest way for me to do that is edit the bbcode directly, inserting open and close quote tags as appropriate.  or if i'm posting 10 images, i'd rather just see all the tags in one place than have to scroll up and down a whole image list. 

Edited by elfenix
nope it doesn't read the close quote tag in the quote, but it reads the open quote tag after the test i inserted..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Anton Chigurh said:

Hmm, I can’t get that one to work either. 

bevo.jpg

 

because you are posting a link to a blog entry, not the image. you need to copy the IMAGE address not the overall url. This only works if hotlinking is not disabled btw. Otherwie you have to save the image and upload it to imgur or the like

 

that's one fine picture too

Edited by TexasFootball18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TexasFootball18 said:

bevo.jpg

 

because you are posting a link to a blog entry, not the image. you need to copy the IMAGE address not the overall url. This only works if hotlinking is not disabled btw. Otherwie you have to save the image and upload it to imgur or the like

 

that's one fine picture too

Yes, I attempted to copy the image itself, not the url. It was a test on mobile (since it is supposed to auto format), and it didn’t work on that one.

Edited by Anton Chigurh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Anton Chigurh said:

Yes, I attempted to copy the image itself, not the url. It was a test on mobile (since it is supposed to auto format), and it didn’t work on that one.

so far as I know, you have to actually copy the image address, not the image itself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TexasFootball18 said:

you have to go a level lower to the one that has the .jpg/.gif etc. 

Jm5oSWt.jpg

Yeah, I can see it on the site, but not on the mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TexasFootball18 said:

so far as I know, you have to actually copy the image address, not the image itself. 

It pastes as richtext, but it doesn’t seem to work once posted. I can see it in the reply field before I submit. I dunno. Using the direct URL is easy enough so I don’t have to use BBCode though. Totally fine with that. 

Edited by Anton Chigurh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bump for spoiler tags

 

[spoiler ] [ / spoiler] 

 

Use the tags above to use this.

 

Edited by RollLeft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2018 at 10:46 AM, C-Man said:

So no way to directly upload photos from phone? Hope that's something that can change.

It's less convenient for sure, but the problem with uploading an image directly was that you couldn't delete it.

Hosting it on imgur first is clumsier but at least you get to control your content. All of the pictures you uploaded to that other site are stuck there and now an eskimo owns them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Machinator said:

You have to paste the full URL, not the shortened version.

 

I copy it from the share icon on YouTube. 

There is no url on top of YouTube on my phone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...