WCF: Warriors vs Blazers

Vic Mackey

9 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

So did Portland blow 17pt leads in 3 straight games?

Last two for sure, I missed game two.  Might have been more tonight.

edit this article says 13 tonight, thought it was more.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/warriors-vs-trail-blazers-results-highlights-from-game-4-of-western-conference-finals/161zhbho7o1dp1lajb66e4ukbr

Edited by zork
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

McKinnie and Looney were huge. McKinnie out-muscling Dame and CJ for rebounds makes sense. But Leonard or Collins couldn't get a body on Looney?

Tonight Steph Curry had 13 rebounds. That’s two more then four of Portland’s starters, not named Leonard, combined. 

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

No, the West has gotten that weak. Imo, the East's 3 would put up a better fight.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I think Milwaukee is really, really good.  Everyone else in the East is meh to below meh.  Largely just one man teams with no one else I'd trust under pressure.  Even Philly completely implodes whenever Embiid has to sit, and they turn into the Bad News Bears in the 4th quarter of close games.  We know Kyle Lowry and Toronto's shortcomings.  I wouldn't pick any non-Bucks team to make it out of the 2nd round of the West, even if they avoided Golden State.

No, the West has gotten that weak. Imo, the East's 3 would put up a better fight.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

43 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

German cousin just said The Western Conference has become almost as bad as the Bundesliga

How do you guys figure that?

The West is certainly stronger than the East.  Is my sarcasm detector on the fritz?

If you re-seeded the top 8 teams, regardless of conference, the 3rd best team from the East would be a 7 seed.

17 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

How do you guys figure that?

The West is certainly stronger than the East.  Is my sarcasm detector on the fritz?

If you re-seeded the top 8 teams, regardless of conference, the 3rd best team from the East would be a 7 seed.

Meter is on the fritz, a bit. Bayern just won its 7th straight Bundesliga. Warriors just won 5th straight West.

My goodness, what a series for Curry.

Game 1 - 36 points, 6 rebounds, 7 assists, 1 turnover

Game 2 - 37 points, 8 rebounds, 8 assists, 6 turnovers

Game 3 - 36 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists, 5 turnovers

Game 4 - 37 points, 13 rebounds, 11 assists, 2 turnovers

----------------------------

Game 2 - Portland up 17 with 11:44 to play in the 3rd

Game 3 - Portland up 14 with 8:08 in the 3rd

Game 4 - Portland up 17 with 1:55 in the 3rd.

1 hour ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Steph did to Dame what Jordan did to Drexler in 1992.  

And we obviously can’t forget about the 2nd half of game 6 against the rockets. This is probably the best 5 game stretch of basketball he’s ever played. Guy is just on another level with his confidence.

And we obviously can’t forget about the 2nd half of game 6 against the rockets. This is probably the best 5 game stretch of basketball he’s ever played. Guy is just on another level with his confidence.

I wonder what changed? Weird.
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, immortal13 said:

The wives coming out killed me 🤣🤣

KD in the wheelchair got me.

Bleacher Reports editing team is fantastic, but this one is probably their best work ever. man i bet these guys have an arsenal of unused clips they werent able to post because of the way a certain game ended.

"mamas boy *SMACK*"

On 5/21/2019 at 9:15 AM, aggie08 said:

I think Milwaukee is really, really good.  Everyone else in the East is meh to below meh.  Largely just one man teams with no one else I'd trust under pressure.  Even Philly completely implodes whenever Embiid has to sit, and they turn into the Bad News Bears in the 4th quarter of close games.  We know Kyle Lowry and Toronto's shortcomings.  I wouldn't pick any non-Bucks team to make it out of the 2nd round of the West, even if they avoided Golden State.

The Bucks ARE really good, and they might not make it out of the East. Toronto isn't the same team they were when Derozan and Lowry were the 1-2 punch. Kawhi and Siakam are the main characters now, with a Lowry game here and there for a changeup. If not for GS, I would say whomever comes out of the West gets beat by the East. I just don't see what you guys see. Houston's claim to fame is taking GSW to 7 last year. Kawhi, gone from SA. Durant, gone from OKC. Portland, same ole same ole. Utah? Meh. Denver basically relies on you no being able to breathe to win games. Always tough to win there. Clippers are a bunch of guys. The West isn't the juggernaut it once was.

The Bucks ARE really good, and they might not make it out of the East. Toronto isn't the same team they were when Derozan and Lowry were the 1-2 punch. Kawhi and Siakam are the main characters now, with a Lowry game here and there for a changeup. If not for GS, I would say whomever comes out of the West gets beat by the East. I just don't see what you guys see. Houston's claim to fame is taking GSW to 7 last year. Kawhi, gone from SA. Durant, gone from OKC. Portland, same ole same ole. Utah? Meh. Denver basically relies on you no being able to breathe to win games. Always tough to win there. Clippers are a bunch of guys. The West isn't the juggernaut it once was.

No doubt about the West not being what it has been in the past. I've already said that I think Portland was about the 5th best team in the West (behind Golden State, Houston, Utah, and Denver). They just took advantage of an unbalanced bracket and Denver gagging. But the West, overall, is still the deeper, more experienced conference, with more good players (9 of the 15 All-NBA spots).

I just don't trust anyone in the East until they prove it. Fred Vanvleet isn't going to save you against the Warriors or the Rockets. No one is shaking in their boots over Pascal Siakam or Khris Middleton taking over part of a game. It puts a lot of pressure on one guy to carry them.

Honestly, the league as a whole is down until these young teams get a little more established. (Or until KD, AD, Kawhi, and Kyrie all form or join their own superteams.)

Edited by aggie08

Kawhi's last two postseasons:

27.7/7.8/4.6 on 52.5/45.5/93.1%

31.4/8.4/3.6 on 51.2/41.1/88.7%

Both of those offenses basically devolved into, "Here's the ball, Kawhi.  Please do something." and his efficiency is still absurd.