Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

2 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

EJ would have the reach advantage but I'm pretty sure Hamm has radical Larry type powers due to his stature and the fact he might have a touch of the regards 

Hamm would probably have some pocket chlorine he could throw in EJs eyes

Just now, billfromlaketravis said:

On the plus side, Texas can pursue bEast Texas baller Haynes King instead of Hunter Dunn. 

He doesn't seem to be interested in Texas. Word is he wants to play in the SEC and isn't a fan of Herman's offense

Edited by Machinator

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

Salvageable? We are going to land all of our top OL targets and the weekend will be a big reason why. Not to mention the potentially best player in the state, Broughton. 

Yea, we might be able to “salvage” this  weekend. Right after you Summer’s Eve all of that sand out of your vagina. 

Convinced this “guy” is a girl.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Horns1012 said:

A buddy of my brother's was in attendance of yesterdays event. This is what I gathered went down yesterday,

Herman was the first to speak to the group. To my knowledge he did not speak much on A&m, if at all. Sam and Caden Sterns then went up and addressed the group. Let's just say Sam was a little more honest. 

Sam said things like "who in their right mind would live in CS or Norman, OK than Austin, Texas." He also said the SEC hype is just that.. hype relayed by the media. They proved that on the field. Of course this was not his only subject he touched on. He talked about their progress as a team and how high they are climbing. Basically get on now or get left behind. He finished his speech with "If we played the aggies tomorrow, there's no doubt in my mind we would beat them down." 

Even after that Herman didn't say much about atm or sec. More like "oh great hope there's no camera phones around" 

So nothing that can't be refuted with facts. Imo, if Demas took all of that that badly, then he's fully bought in to Jimbo, and is pretty much a lost cause. 

I want to believe you. 

It definitely sounds like something Sam would say. 

It's not the end all be all for arm strength, but per combine ball velocity measurements, here's some mph measurements 

Josh Allen 61

Pat Mahomes 60

Logan Thomas 60

Davis Webb 59

Paxton Lynch 59

Kirk Cousins 59

Brandon Weeden 59

Colin Kaepernick 59

Jared Goff 58

Baker Mayfield 57

Carson Wentz 57

Tom Savage 57

Derek Carr, Sam Darnold, Andrew Luck, Ryan Tannehill, RGIII, Brock Osweiler, Blaine Gabbert, Sam Bradford, Matt Ryan, and Matt Stafford didn't throw at the combine

3 minutes ago, Horns1012 said:

A buddy of my brother's was in attendance of yesterdays event. This is what I gathered went down yesterday,

Herman was the first to speak to the group. To my knowledge he did not speak much on A&m, if at all. Sam and Caden Sterns then went up and addressed the group. Let's just say Sam was a little more honest. 

Sam said things like "who in their right mind would live in CS or Norman, OK than Austin, Texas." He also said the SEC hype is just that.. hype relayed by the media. They proved that on the field. Of course this was not his only subject he touched on. He talked about their progress as a team and how high they are climbing. Basically get on now or get left behind. He finished his speech with "If we played the aggies tomorrow, there's no doubt in my mind we would beat them down." 

Even after that Herman didn't say much about atm or sec. More like "oh great hope there's no camera phones around" 

So nothing that can't be refuted with facts. Imo, if Demas took all of that that badly, then he's fully bought in to Jimbo, and is pretty much a lost cause. 

Nice 1st post.

4 minutes ago, Horns1012 said:

Take the loss pussy ?

• Like 1

Such on what was said 

Spoiler

I've talked to just about every key recruit that was on campus yesterday, and from everything I've gathered today the talk of some "negative recruiting" being done by Texas against A&M is being way overblown. 

One recruit told me Tom Herman said something about recruits not needing to leave the state or play in the SEC to win championships and Herman pointed out that Texas just beat a top SEC school in the Sugar Bowl. Sam Ehlinger apparently said something similar. 

Another said Herman made mention of breaking the SEC "stereotype" of being the best conference, but that was about it. 

Other reporter are acting like it was some all-day event bashing A&M but that's not even remotely accurate. Much ado about nothing, for the most part.

---------

After someone asked if Demas felt the comments were directed at him: I think he was singled out once or twice, probably more in a joking manner, but he apparently didn't like it.

I buy that Sam might have been really "honest" during his part

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Such on what was said 

Hide contents

I've talked to just about every key recruit that was on campus yesterday, and from everything I've gathered today the talk of some "negative recruiting" being done by Texas against A&M is being way overblown. 

One recruit told me Tom Herman said something about recruits not needing to leave the state or play in the SEC to win championships and Herman pointed out that Texas just beat a top SEC school in the Sugar Bowl. Sam Ehlinger apparently said something similar. 

Another said Herman made mention of breaking the SEC "stereotype" of being the best conference, but that was about it. 

Other reporter are acting like it was some all-day event bashing A&M but that's not even remotely accurate. Much ado about nothing, for the most part.

---------

After someone asked if Demas felt the comments were directed at him: I think he was singled out once or twice, probably more in a joking manner, but he apparently didn't like it.

I buy that Sam might have been really "honest" during his part

If Demas was somehow offended by some good natured ribbing, well, bye.  Need way thicker skin than that.  And quite honestly, it's the attitude of "screw what everyone thinks, we're going to prove we're tougher and more physical as we whip your a$$" exuded by the team in the Sugar Bowl that will carry over into next season and beyond.  If Demas isn't about that type of attitude it's best to find out now and focus efforts elsewhere.

Edited by Stampeder
  • Like 1

Let's keep in mind that Aggie identifies more with the collective $EC than themselves, especially on the recruiting trail. Any attack on the $EC is perceived by the sheephumpers as an attack on Aggie. It triggers them.

Demas obviously came in hypersensitive to all things anti-aggie, because he is already brainwashed. If the same "thing" went down in CS next weekend and he was there he would not be triggered. He is all $EC/Aggie.

Just now, BevoBuck14 said:

Let's keep in mind that Aggie identifies more with the collective $EC than themselves, especially on the recruiting trail. Any attack on the $EC is perceived by the sheephumpers as an attack on Aggie. It triggers them.

Demas obviously came in hypersensitive to all things anti-aggie, because he is already brainwashed. If the same "thing" went down in CS next weekend and he was there he would not be triggered. He is all $EC/Aggie.

Watch the video of Demas committing to Aggy after the Clemson loss moral victory. That kid is all Aggy. 

4 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Such is growing on me. He tells it like it is. 

I like him. He's generally pretty accurate (he was saying Stanford was in it for Bragg last January when everybody though he was a lock) and doesn't leak stuff like some of the other sites. Biggest issue is that he's the only recruiting reporter for OB so he falls behind on stuff sometimes. He also sits on stuff for his weekly columns which to me seems unwise in the recruiting world. I get why people don't like some of the other OB guys (cough Ketch cough). 

5 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Watch the video of Demas committing to Aggy after the Clemson loss moral victory. That kid is all Aggy. 

The way the aggies dominated the Big 12 too. It’s hard to get past that 😊

Plus being in make believe categories like all time wins, national titles it’s hard to pass up.

As many here have noted the only time aggies are relevant is when they’ve cheated.

Jumbo will run them in the ground just like he left FSU.

We basically have 3 options in regards to the way recruiting is changing in the state.

1. Do nothing, lose out on many of the very top prospects, actively have some trainers and 7v7 working against us because they're paid to do so

2. Play the game too

3. Hire an army of private investigators to document the cheating and police the state ourselves

With the state of the NCAA, there really isn't a downside to playing the game except for losing moral superiority.  I'm all for option 3, but someone's gotta pay for it.    

7 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

I like him. He's generally pretty accurate (he was saying Stanford was in it for Bragg last January when everybody though he was a lock) and doesn't leak stuff like some of the other sites. Biggest issue is that he's the only recruiting reporter for OB so he falls behind on stuff sometimes. He also sits on stuff for his weekly columns which to me seems unwise in the recruiting world. I get why people don't like some of the other OB guys (cough Ketch cough). 

He's not worried about reporting bad news to his subscribers. This alone makes him better than 99% of the mods. 

2 minutes ago, RabidM said:

We basically have 3 options in regards to the way recruiting is changing in the state.

1. Do nothing, lose out on many of the very top prospects, actively have some trainers and 7v7 working against us because they're paid to do so

2. Play the game too

3. Hire an army of private investigators to document the cheating and police the state ourselves

With the state of the NCAA, there really isn't a downside to playing the game except for losing moral superiority.  I'm all for option 3, but someone's gotta pay for it.    

If only Buzbee had a Texas Ex cousin that shared his prescription pills addiction.