Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

1 hour ago, George Clooney said:

It’s pathetic how many people on here don’t understand how good of a recruiting staff/support org they have there. They’ll be just as talented as Alabama and Georgia by the ‘23 season, and losing several good players to the draft will only negatively impact them in the early stages of next season.

Nobody has denied that Jimbo can recruit. It's that he keeps losing 3 to 5 games with that talent on almost a yearly basis. 

When Jimbo loses 3 to 5 games next season what will the excuse be? You were in this thread going crazy how good this A&M team was and the following week they got embarrassed by Ole Miss. 

11 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Nobody has denied that Jimbo can recruit. It's that he keeps losing 3 to 5 games with that talent on almost a yearly basis. 

When Jimbo loses 3 to 5 games next season what will the excuse be? You were in this thread going crazy how good this A&M team was and the following week they got embarrassed by Ole Miss. 

His teams would destroy the very desire to play football anymore in life of anyone on our bullshit team 

• Rage+1 1

Just now, Sgt Hulk said:

His teams would destroy the very desire to play football anymore in life of anyone on our bullshit team 

So would everyone. Texas sucks. 

That doesn't disprove that Jimbo has lost 3.5 games on average over the last 7 seasons. That was with much more talented teams at FSU. I'm sure Jimbo will continue to add talented recruiting classes and continue to lose 3 to 5 games. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Calzada, especially Calzada on the road, is a bottom of the barrel P5 QB. Ole Miss is a good team who finally got a few receivers back. You can place blame on Jimbo for not developing him or signing him in the first place, and both of those points are fair. They’ve played well enough to where recruits don’t care about that because they know King and Weigman are better. Their flaw is that their pace is glacial and receivers have to wait a while to see the field and/or never fully develop. I think they’ll ultimately overcome those hurdles because Jimbo finally incorporated more RPO into their game plans, and that’ll greatly benefit King/Weigman. If they start getting guys like Stewart and Johntay Cook, then Jimbo/Craig would have to really fuck things up to not have a quality WR corps.

They’ve now built a floor of 9-3 or so against any given schedule, and they’re loaded with future draft picks on their defensive depth chart. If LSU makes a bad hire, then they’ll have minimal competition for recruits in this region for a while. They’re reaping the rewards of having a good AD who nailed a coaching search while getting whatever $ they want from their boosters.

Just now, George Clooney said:

Calzada, especially Calzada on the road, is a bottom of the barrel P5 QB. Ole Miss is a good team who finally got a few receivers back. You can place blame on Jimbo for not developing him or signing him in the first place, and both of those points are fair. They’ve played well enough to where recruits don’t care about that because they know King and Weigman are better. Their flaw is that their pace is glacial and receivers have to wait a while to see the field and/or never fully develop. I think they’ll ultimately overcome those hurdles because Jimbo finally incorporated more RPO into their game plans, and that’ll greatly benefit King/Weigman. If they start getting guys like Stewart and Johntay Cook, then Jimbo/Craig would have to really fuck things up to not have a quality WR corps.

They’ve now built a floor of 9-3 or so against any given schedule, and they’re loaded with future draft picks on their defensive depth chart. If LSU makes a bad hire, then they’ll have minimal competition for recruits in this region for a while. They’re reaping the rewards of having a good AD who nailed a coaching search while getting whatever $ they want from their boosters.

If they lose to LSU the floor would be lower than that in 3 out of 4 years  for Jimbo. I'm having a difficult time taking you seriously. 

Maybe you're counting these automatic wins like you were with Ole Miss because you apparently haven't watched A&M's offense. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Did I ever even say they’d beat Ole Miss? I don’t recall saying that, but feel free to quote one of my posts saying as much. A&M struggles to move the ball against P5 defenses when Jimbo runs his typical west coast offense. They beat Alabama because of how much RPO he incorporated, and he’ll be able to overcome running his dated offense with an accurate and intelligent QB (Weigman, King TBD). I don’t care if you take me seriously because all you’re capable of is surface-level analysis.

1 minute ago, George Clooney said:

Did I ever even say they’d beat Ole Miss? I don’t recall saying that, but feel free to quote one of my posts saying as much. A&M struggles to move the ball against P5 defenses when Jimbo runs his typical west coast offense. They beat Alabama because of how much RPO he incorporated, and he’ll be able to overcome running his dated offense with an accurate and intelligent QB (Weigman, King TBD). I don’t care if you take me seriously because all you’re capable of is surface-level analysis.

Alabama is average this year. Struggled with LSU, A&M, Arkansas, and Florida. That would never happen with normal Alabama teams and they're lucky to not have a few losses already.  

I expect Alabama to get destroyed against Georgia and then Saban will run off some of his recent hires that have been bad. 

The A&M upset of Alabama isn't  shocking anymore after watching Alabama recently. They aren't very good and Saban knows he needs to make some staff changes. 

A&M could easily have 5 losses at this point with the LSU game yet to come. Should've lost to CO and Bama wins that game 8 or 9 times out of 10. Yes, they won them and yes they're in way better shape than we are right now, but floor of 3 losses is a stretch. I'd say ceiling is 2-3 losses next year because of schedule and all that they're losing.

Yes, 2021 Alabama is a step behind most of Saban’s teams there thus far, but they aren’t average. They will lose to Georgia by multiple possessions because Georgia has an elite defense and competent offense. 

I’d take that bet, but I don’t care to profit on their good outcomes. I guess I’m just puzzled that so many people on here completely write them off, but one guy on here was firing off takes on Twitter saying Herman was a better coach than Jimbo so it’s probably just blind hatred.

10 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

George Clooney do you want to wager some money that Jimbo loses at least 3 games next season? 

That would be 7 seasons with 3 losses or more in the last 8 seasons. I like the history on my side so I'll take this bet. You in? 

Is a 3 loss season bad now?   Think I would take it

• Fuck You 3

They beat Alabama because Alabama played like every player had just rubbed one out before the game. Anyone who watched that game could see that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

Yes, 2021 Alabama is a step behind most of Saban’s teams there thus far, but they aren’t average. They will lose to Georgia by multiple possessions because Georgia has an elite defense and competent offense. 

I’d take that bet, but I don’t care to profit on their good outcomes. I guess I’m just puzzled that so many people on here completely write them off, but one guy on here was firing off takes on Twitter saying Herman was a better coach than Jimbo so it’s probably just blind hatred.

nobody-cares-nobody-gives-a-fck.gif

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

I'm not writing them off. With this bag game they've committed to, they could be top 5 in talent in 2-3 years. The talent and the defense will put them in some playoff hunts (well I guess the playoffs are changing but you know what I mean).

I think people on here get triggered because some people these days act like A&M is the next Bama or something. They'll have talent and have some years in contention, but places like Bama, UGA, and tOSU will still have just as much talent and better coaching. As long as they have Jimbo's offense they aren't going to be some kind of dynasty like they're hyping themselves up to be. 

2 minutes ago, covid 19 said:

I dont even understand your point.  You would rather have Herman or Sark rather than Jimbo?  Why?

Herman needed to be fired because 3 or 4 losses isn't good enough. Same with Sark if things don't get turned around in the next couple of years. 

You would think aggy would have the same thought process but apparently they're pleased with 3 or more losses in 75% of Jimbo's seasons so far. 

4 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Herman needed to be fired because 3 or 4 losses isn't good enough. Same with Sark if things don't get turned around in the next couple of years. 

You would think aggy would have the same thought process but apparently they're pleased with 3 or more losses in 75% of Jimbo's seasons so far. 

Herman lost 6, 4, 5 and 3.   IN the big 12     But, OK

• Fuck You 4

21 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

I'm saving this thread. 

A 100 bucks? 3 losses or more for A&M and I win the bet. 

39 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

A&M could easily have 5 losses at this point with the LSU game yet to come. Should've lost to CO and Bama wins that game 8 or 9 times out of 10. Yes, they won them and yes they're in way better shape than we are right now, but floor of 3 losses is a stretch. I'd say ceiling is 2-3 losses next year because of schedule and all that they're losing.

Yeah, and Jimbo's history going on 7 years now outside of the Covid year. 

This is cash money for me. That's why I'm waiting for George Clooney to take the bet. If he thinks A&M is reaching Alabama, Georgia, and Ohio State levels he shouldn't be worried about a bet of 3 losses. 

57 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Herman wasn't fired for losing 3 games. He was fired for being an insufferable prick with a team that was underperforming in the year when they were supposed to put it all together. They were always taking a step back this year with the departures. Lost to a down OU, TCU, and a solid ISU. Couldn't get out of his own way. On top of that, recruiting was going in the tank.

Not just about losing 3 games in a season

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, SumlinsGhost said:

Idk, I enjoy the insightful commentary. Well we would have won both of those if he didn't get hurt!

You would have? Based upon what? The dude looked like shit. Did you even watch him play in HS? 

Darn, there's always next year right?

The oldest aggy turdition. 

56 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

The fact is you come to Surly with absolute takes until you get called on the carpet with whatever crap you threw against the wall.  Then, you walk back whatever it was with  “to be fair” and “to be clear” as you hedge whatever bullshit narrative you created.  Now, @Rickylovesweed is giving you the chance to put your money where your mouth is and you’re ducking him.  Just go the fuck away.

• Haha 2

A&M’s never going to be a dynasty like Alabama or Ohio State, but if they keep stacking recruiting classes, they’ll be a perennial top 15 team. And if they get a quarterback that isn’t trash, maybe they’ll have a year where they only have two losses. 

But I’d trade our coach for Jimbo 10/10 times. And that’s not a compliment to Jimbo - he’s not that good. Just an inditement of our miserable, sorry ass, piece of shit coach. If we do actually end up going to the SEC, they’re going to push our shit in for every year we have Sark After Dark. 

51 minutes ago, Harrison Stafford said:

The fact is you come to Surly with absolute takes until you get called on the carpet with whatever crap you threw against the wall.  Then, you walk back whatever it was with  “to be fair” and “to be clear” as you hedge whatever bullshit narrative you created.  Now, @Rickylovesweed is giving you the chance to put your money where your mouth is and you’re ducking him.  Just go the fuck away.

Crickets.