Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

1 minute ago, Barbacoa said:

Its clear you dont understand the slack jawed jihad they are on. Its no different than Georgia.

Good example. Georgia has been doing this for what seems like the last 20 years and this year is literally the first that they have actually looked like they might do something with it.

Like I said, I am not ignoring what the aggies are doing, but I also know that they have a nearly 100 year history of fucking things up, one such event was when they cheated so rampantly in the 80's that they got sanctioned. Things have a way of working themselves out.

But yeah, maybe this year, out of the last 100, is when they finally pull it together.

I'm not saying they aren't going to do it, I am saying that given their history, I will believe it when I actually see it.

Just now, Orange&White said:

Good example. Georgia has been doing this for what seems like the last 20 years and this year is literally the first that they have actually looked like they might do something with it.

Like I said, I am not ignoring what the aggies are doing, but I also know that they have a nearly 100 year history of fucking things up, one such event was when they cheated so rampantly in the 80's that they got sanctioned. Things have a way of working themselves out.

But yeah, maybe this year, out of the last 100, is when they finally pull it together.

I'm not saying they aren't going to do it, I am saying that given their history, I will believe it when I actually see it.

I mean maybe Jimbo will get caught standing on a stool and fucking one of his horses. Who knows what can happen. But I can tell you with full confidence if they stay on this trajectory they are a QB away. Disregarding what they or Georgia is doing because they have a history of underachieving is a logical fallacy. 

You know what would fuck their plans up? If we stopped bending over a couch and complaining about getting fucked in the ass. They cant hide from us anymore, and as a result they are upping their game. We arent. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

This. They’re aggy until they aren’t. Just like we’re a shitty Texas team every year until we aren’t regardless of how many 4/5 star recruits we pull in. Jimbo has been there for 3 years and they’re still losing to the MSUs and Arkys of the world. This is not to say they aren’t doing better than we are in almost every way, because they are. But that’s a low fucking bar and some of you are acting like they’re an impending national powerhouse in the making when they have yet to show this. Maybe it happens, maybe it doesn’t.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Aggy can land whomever they want, but at the end of the day they're still aggy. They're a mediocre program forever. Jimbo isn't going usurp Saban, and LSU will always be better than them, too. At best they'll be third place. Oklahoma has better players and they're still going to take a beating from the top teams. Aggy beating Bama once a decade is an aberration, not a norm. 

• Haha 1

You guys sound stuck in the past. Aggy is weird and they deserve to be mocked for it, but give someone enough chances and they'll eventually find success.

They we're built on swag and nonsense before, now it's a lot more sustainable. Aggy getting their act together can really impact our ceiling if we mess around long enough.

45 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

GA wasn't like this under Richt.. Kirby has elevated the program through recruiting like never before for that program.  There's a reason why they are so good this season.. they have the highest composite roster this season (IIRC).

3 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

I suspect it goes beyond recruiting too. I think a lot of the top programs hold off the record practices beyond the ncaa limits. Jimbo got straight up busted for that year 1, then a racist video of the accuser magically popped up and the whole thing went away. 

I’m willing to bet quite a bit of money that our guys aren’t practicing extra. 

Fuck! I'm beginning to wonder if our guys practice at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barbacoa said:

I still think a 3rd team will get involved with Stewart. At least thats what he wants. 

What happened with him and Bama? They not willing to bid?

Have noticed a little UGA twitter activity from him lately, probably trying to get them involved

4 hours ago, Orange&White said:

Georgia has been doing this for what seems like the last 20 years and this year is literally the first that they have actually looked like they might do something with it.

Except that whole losing the national championship in OT against the greatest dynasty in cfb 3 years ago? 

4 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Jimbo has been there for 3 years and they’re still losing to the MSUs and Arkys of the world.

Another way to say this is will have them in back to back NY6 games, and in the CFP conversation.  

They have 3 of top 4 DL commits in this class, and in the hunt for the last guy.   

5 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Not going to do a deep dive, but on the entire first page of Wiltfong's CB's, he only has 6 predictions under confidence level 6.  4 are to aggy.

It's very obvious there's something going on with him and that staff.  

Elko has been a main source for Wiltfong dating back to when Elko was the ND DC and Wiltfong was a reporter for the ND 247 site

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 11/10/2021 at 1:24 PM, Revolution512 said:

Lol at all of this shit. When they lost back to back games everyone thought they were imploding. Now they’re on Bama’s level? The truth is in the middle as usual.

They were, then they beat the #1 team in the country and that team had been playing well since then.  Their defense is probably the 2nd best defense in the country after UGA.  They are likely ending up with 3 of the top 10 players in the country meanwhile we’re struggling to to get 3 of the top 10 players in our own state.  They are 1 Bama loss from potentially playing in the SEC championship.  That Saturday where we collapsed against ou and they beat Bama completely flipped the narrative in their favor and out 4 game losing streak and their winning streak has only reinforced that narrative.  They are cashing in while they can with recruits.  We’re going to need to beat some good teams and have aggy falter to flip the narrative.  Right now recruits look at them as a team that’s ready to compete for a championship, a place where they will get paid, and get prepared for the NFL.  Texas cannot sell any of those 3 points.  This is reality at the moment, it can and will obviously change but Texas is going to have to do something about it otherwise get used to getting TCU and Baylor level recruits.

On 11/10/2021 at 1:50 PM, Hank_Hill said:

This. They’re aggy until they aren’t. Just like we’re a shitty Texas team every year until we aren’t regardless of how many 4/5 star recruits we pull in. Jimbo has been there for 3 years and they’re still losing to the MSUs and Arkys of the world. This is not to say they aren’t doing better than we are in almost every way, because they are. But that’s a low fucking bar and some of you are acting like they’re an impending national powerhouse in the making when they have yet to show this. Maybe it happens, maybe it doesn’t.

Nailed it. 

3 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

We(both)SuckAgain!.gif

We fucking suck but some in this thread have completely lost it in regards to aggy.  

In year 4-Jimbo has losses to powerhouse Arkansas, Mississippi State, Ole Miss and people think he’s building a powerhouse? 

Get a grip. He’s always going to recruit well and it hasn’t helped him a bit against less talented teams as you’ve seen this year. He’s their Mack without anything to actually show for the talent he lands. 

With aggy defensive attrition to NFL this year and so many head coaching positions opening up, is this the year Elko decides to go? My gut says yes and that changes the whole in state recruiting battles IF we decide to get a new big-time DC as well.

At least have something of interest to change the ugly we have now. We can score points, just gotta figure out how to quickly right the defensive side of the ball.

That’s what I been saying all along. aggy is big and strong but they’re slow and get gassed rather quickly. Miss st and ole miss ran tempo and aggy couldn’t handle it. Ole miss should’ve won by 4 touchdowns if not for crappy play in the red zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, NOOBSDUDE said:

That’s what I been saying all along. aggy is big and strong but they’re slow and get gassed rather quickly. Miss st and ole miss ran tempo and aggy couldn’t handle it. Ole miss should’ve won by 4 touchdowns if not for crappy play in the red zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They struggle against any team that can score because Jimbo's offense is stuck in the 1980s. You need 25 to 30 points to beat those teams and Jimbo's offense doesn't do that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/10/2021 at 7:51 PM, fattyflattie said:

Fair enough.  I hope Miss comes in and fucks my statement all up.  We can revisit in a month.  

@Hank_Hill I’m back to eat my bit of crow. I still believe, with the way their recruiting, they’ll become a top 3 sec team in next 2-3 years, and then all it takes is someone else to stumble.  But yeah, they need to do something about teams that can score on you quickly and readily. Burn the clock and a cloud of dust doesn’t work against that shit. 

Alabama is the only game that's kind of skewed perception of aggy this year. 

They've played 4 decent to good teams (Alabama, Miss State, Arkansas and Ole Miss). They've lost 3. Auburn flat out sucks and they could very well finish 6-6. 

If Sark had this type year in year 4 most Texas fans would be calling for him to be fired. Especially if Jimbo loses to LSU. Herman and Jimbo are going to have almost identical year 4s. Although I will admit Jimbo's recruiting is way ahead of where Herman was at in year 4. 

• Hook 'Em 1