Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

1 hour ago, bizzle said:

just a reminder i told all of you we would lose to ole miss in august. thank you for your concern. 

I think we'd have been happier if you warned us that we were going to lose to Kansas, that way we could have eased ourselves into the idea of it rather than experience the rage in real time.

On 11/13/2021 at 9:19 AM, victory88 said:

They were, then they beat the #1 team in the country and that team had been playing well since then.  Their defense is probably the 2nd best defense in the country after UGA.  They are likely ending up with 3 of the top 10 players in the country meanwhile we’re struggling to to get 3 of the top 10 players in our own state.  They are 1 Bama loss from potentially playing in the SEC championship.  That Saturday where we collapsed against ou and they beat Bama completely flipped the narrative in their favor and out 4 game losing streak and their winning streak has only reinforced that narrative.  They are cashing in while they can with recruits.  We’re going to need to beat some good teams and have aggy falter to flip the narrative.  Right now recruits look at them as a team that’s ready to compete for a championship, a place where they will get paid, and get prepared for the NFL.  Texas cannot sell any of those 3 points.  This is reality at the moment, it can and will obviously change but Texas is going to have to do something about it otherwise get used to getting TCU and Baylor level recruits.

This is all fucking non-sense. 

19 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

They struggle against any team that can score because Jimbo's offense is stuck in the 1980s. You need 25 to 30 points to beat those teams and Jimbo's offense doesn't do that. 

Yep. What’s the point of recruiting well if you’re going to let a team with zero depth sit there and rest on defense?

22 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

LSU should just take Elko at half the price

I think Elko leaving would be just as devastating to aggy at least in the in the short term as Jimbo leaving... Jimbo will never have an offensive powerhouse and the defense has been saving his ass in many games in the last 2 years. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Fucking lulz at defense second only to Georgia. Missed that. 

aggy has played 3 good offenses. 

Miss State (438 yards)

Alabama (522 yards)

Ole Miss (504 yards)

Elko has been shredded against any offense that gets athletes in space instead of trying to run right at the DL. And aggy would be 0-3 against those teams if O'Brien wasn't such a moron in the redzone (sorry Texans fans for your misery). 

I've watched a lot of Alabama and lord O'Brien is terrible. Saban gonna fire his ass after one season. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, texasstrong12 said:

aggy has played 3 good offenses. 

Miss State (438 yards)

Alabama (522 yards)

Ole Miss (504 yards)

Elko has been shredded against any offense that gets athletes in space instead of trying to run right at the DL. And aggy would be 0-3 against those teams if O'Brien wasn't such a moron in the redzone (sorry Texans fans for your misery). 

I've watched a lot of Alabama and lord O'Brien is terrible. Saban gonna fire his ass after one season. 

At least he didn’t give up 200 yards rushing to Kansas. 

• Rage+1 1

8 hours ago, Orange&White said:

Jimbo should walk across the field once the game is over and kiss Ogre Corleone style and just walk away.

Better yet, he takes Ogres LSU jacket and cap, gets on the team bus and heads off to his new job.   

5 hours ago, UTEX_ME said:

He's either trolling the fuck out of aggy or he's not going anywhere 

There is no doubt I do (have one of the best jobs in America)," Fisher told me Tuesday. "This is a tremendous place. 
You're exactly right," Fisher said. "I'm staying right here at Florida State.”

He’s said similar before, but this time the hillbilly might actually stay.  He has more money than he could possibly spend on above ground pool renovations, and while they won’t match aggys dumbass contract, LSU would certainly offer him plenty of money.  They are paying Ogre >9M as it is.   And he probably wins another MNC at LSU while he probably won’t at aggy.  

7 hours ago, Revolution512 said:

Someone explain the fear of Jimbo being at A&M

I don't think anyone would characterize it as fear. He is a good coach who is willing to cheat his ass off on the recruiting trail. He isn't going to be winning a national title anytime soon, but they should be a perennial top 20 team while he is there. If we would match his antics in recruiting he wouldn't have a chance. That is more on us than on him. 

13 hours ago, Revolution512 said:

Someone explain the fear of Jimbo being at A&M

Tom Herman vs Jimbo Fisher in the first 4 years-

Top 25 finishes: Herman (3), Fisher (3 unless he loses to LSU than it might be 2)

Top 10 finishes: Herman (1), Fisher (1)

NY6 wins: Herman (1), Fisher (1)

Conference championships: Herman (0), Fisher (0)

Avg FEI ranking: Herman (21.75), Fisher (14.5 but this will drop significantly if they lose to LSU or bowl game)

I don't really get it. I can recognize that Jimbo is definitely recruiting much better than Herman at this stage but this board thought Herman sucked. Herman and Jimbo have produced very similar resumes 4 seasons in and we just ran off Herman. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Yea I don’t know where this Jimbo is still a good coach thing is coming from. Recruiter? Fuck yea. But his 5 stars are getting beat by Arky and all of Mississippi. That’s not good coaching. It would be even worse without Elko. He did the same shit with way more talent than the rest of the ACC at the end.

6 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Yea I don’t know where this Jimbo is still a good coach thing is coming from. Recruiter? Fuck yea. But his 5 stars are getting beat by Arky and all of Mississippi. That’s not good coaching. It would be even worse without Elko. He did the same shit with way more talent than the rest of the ACC at the end.

If Elko doesn't get a HC opportunity this cycle he's never getting one because there are going to be a billion openings. Something must be off there if he doesn't move on from aggy this year. 

Virginia Tech makes a lot of sense for Elko. That's in his recruiting area too. 

12 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Tom Herman vs Jimbo Fisher in the first 4 years-

Top 25 finishes: Herman (3), Fisher (3 unless he loses to LSU than it might be 2)

Top 10 finishes: Herman (1), Fisher (1)

NY6 wins: Herman (1), Fisher (1)

Conference championships: Herman (0), Fisher (0)

Avg FEI ranking: Herman (21.75), Fisher (14.5 but this will drop significantly if they lose to LSU or bowl game)

I don't really get it. I can recognize that Jimbo is definitely recruiting much better than Herman at this stage but this board thought Herman sucked. Herman and Jimbo have produced very similar resumes 4 seasons in and we just ran off Herman. 

A real response? The season hasn’t finished yet. And I’d say there’s a better chance to finish with 10 wins than with 8.  There will be grumbling with a loss to LSU and even more with a loss in a third tier bowl. 9-4 however it shakes out is a very meh year. On the other hand, a win at LSU and a win in a decent to good bowl is very different and this would be the trajectory:

9-4, T25 

8-5

9-1* COVID season, T5 finish 

10-3* QB1 injured in week 2 and T10-15 finish

That combined with the recruiting classes is an upward trajectory, on the defensive side especially the talent in backup roles is high-level.  It’s the best results in back to back years at A&M in decades. You’re for sure not going to blow stuff up given this year’s carousel and the class coming in. Rationally— a finish in the top 15 after QB1 goes down is good for a team that was predicted somewhere in the top 10 for preseason given the importance of QB play.

13 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

The guy that threw 3 interceptions against Kent State was apparently saving their offense. 

It's not important that it's him.  It's whoever at all they're missing that was the missing piece.  Always an excuse for not winning anything.

I don't think aggy realizes it but they're in the same position as Texas. They need a grad transfer QB. 

Calzada has improved but he's gone from the worst P5 QB to a below average P5 QB. King has no experience and has always been erratic as a passer. Maybe Jimbo thinks it's a rebuild year with what they're losing and just plays Weigman as a true fish. That isn't going to fly with aggy fans in year 5 though. 

If Sark doesn't land a grad transfer QB he isn't the right guy for the job. I think the same of Jimbo. 

45 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I don't think aggy realizes it but they're in the same position as Texas. They need a grad transfer QB. 

Calzada has improved but he's gone from the worst P5 QB to a below average P5 QB. King has no experience and has always been erratic as a passer. Maybe Jimbo thinks it's a rebuild year with what they're losing and just plays Weigman as a true fish. That isn't going to fly with aggy fans in year 5 though. 

If Sark doesn't land a grad transfer QB he isn't the right guy for the job. I think the same of Jimbo. 

They gave him an extension in the offseason so it doesn't make a shit what Fisher decides to do. He has them by the balls & can shit the bed for years before they're able to do anything about it because of the money they would owe him. Also, they beat Bama at home so they won't be able to stop fondling themselves long enough to do anything for a few years anyways.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Agreed, the fact they hold old King as a Calzada upgrade based on what King showed for them this year is remarkable even for aggy.  Others have suggested Weigman will step right in and take over to which they need to be reminded that the kid is playing baseball for them... yeah he enrolls early, but that is more to play baseball. We'll see if he plans to play baseball the following year as well... either way he's not the guy for til 2023 at the very earliest.

1 hour ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Agreed, the fact they hold old King as a Calzada upgrade based on what King showed for them this year is remarkable even for aggy.  Others have suggested Weigman will step right in and take over to which they need to be reminded that the kid is playing baseball for them... yeah he enrolls early, but that is more to play baseball. We'll see if he plans to play baseball the following year as well... either way he's not the guy for til 2023 at the very earliest.

I mean he did only play for 5 total quarters, hard to write someone off in their first season that quickly. Also not sure if y'all watched the game but only one of those interceptions was actually a bad throw, the other two were from deflections.

image.png.7ae7e4e45939136890f13677c3cbb459.png

11 minutes ago, SumlinsGhost said:

I mean he did only play for 5 total quarters, hard to write someone off in their first season that quickly. Also not sure if y'all watched the game but only one of those interceptions was actually a bad throw, the other two were from deflections.

Some of us actually watched the kid play in HS, before aggy was paying attention to him. He can be pretty good if he has enough talent around him. He's just a "point guard." 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, SumlinsGhost said:

Nobody here is writing King off.  We're just laughing at your fanbase that has him pegged as the one piece that would've meant a national title this year when he hadn't shown anything of the kind.

Pro Football Network has Leal #4, Green #7, and Spiller #22. It looks like Wydermeyer has taken a bit of a drop in the draft rankings but he's still in the top 50 range. It's also starting to look like Ainas Smith is a draft risk. 

Losses on offense-

LT Johnson (loss of eligibility), RB Spiller (most likely NFL), TE Wydermeyer (most likely NFL), WR/RB Smith (outside shot of NFL). 

Losses on defense-

DE Johnson (loss of eligibility), NT Leal (NFL), DT Peevy (loss of eligibility), DE Clemons (loss of eligibility), Will LB Hansford (loss of eligibility), FS O'neal (loss of eligibility), and LB Andre White (might be a draft risk). 

2 hours ago, Scholz said:

Nobody here is writing King off.  We're just laughing at your fanbase that has him pegged as the one piece that would've meant a national title this year when he hadn't shown anything of the kind.

Looked like some are lol. I agree, who knows what happens with Bama if Calzada doesn't play that game. I think we are less likely to lose to Miss State, Arky, and Ole Miss though with King.

• Haha 1

It don’t make a shit. aggy wouldn’t have won any titles this year with or without King.

Blame Jimbo for his roster management. If you don’t have a true FR playing OC, he doesn’t completely whiff his block to surrender a safety in crunch time to lose to Miss St.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Scholz said:

It don’t make a shit. aggy wouldn’t have won any titles this year with or without King.

Blame Jimbo for his roster management. If you don’t have a true FR playing OC, he doesn’t completely whiff his block to surrender a safety in crunch time to lose to Miss St.

Who is saying we would have? I'm pretty optimistic about the future of the roster outside of WR for now

22 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Pro Football Network has Leal #4, Green #7, and Spiller #22. It looks like Wydermeyer has taken a bit of a drop in the draft rankings but he's still in the top 50 range. It's also starting to look like Ainas Smith is a draft risk. 

Losses on offense-

LT Johnson (loss of eligibility), RB Spiller (most likely NFL), TE Wydermeyer (most likely NFL), WR/RB Smith (outside shot of NFL). 

Losses on defense-

DE Johnson (loss of eligibility), NT Leal (NFL), DT Peevy (loss of eligibility), DE Clemons (loss of eligibility), Will LB Hansford (loss of eligibility), FS O'neal (loss of eligibility), and LB Andre White (might be a draft risk). 

You forgot Green on the Offense losses. Demani Richardson likely leaves for the NFL too

8 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

You forgot Green on the Offense losses. Demani Richardson likely leaves for the NFL too

Oops, yeah Green is definitely gone. Green, Wydermeyer, Spiller and Leal are almost certainly gone. They're going to be top 50 picks. 

I think the only question is what happens with Richardson, White and Ainias Smith. 

7 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Oops, yeah Green is definitely gone. Green, Wydermeyer, Spiller and Leal are almost certainly gone. They're going to be top 50 picks. 

I think the only question is what happens with Richardson, White and Ainias Smith. 

I would be least surprised about Smith and most surprised about White