Florida State: lots of bad guys, lacking champion level urine

runthebone

We joke about it, but at least Herman's obsession reduces the chances of something that could cost us a game.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27528045/dehydration-possible-factor-fsu-loss

After watching Florida State wear down in Saturday's season-opening loss to Boise State, coach Willie Taggart is examining whether his players were properly hydrated.

On his weekly radio show Monday, Taggart said he has spoken with FSU's medical staff about better hydration after seeing several players cramp up in the game.

27 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Not only is Taggart screwing up FSU, but he didn't leave the cake baked for our dear old friend Chuckles at USF.  

edited my post. Yes , USF roster was not left in great shape and Strong is no "fix it" man.

Edited by jdhorn92

53 minutes ago, Boogaloo said:

I guess Boise State had an advantage being used to playing in the humid tropical jungle like climate of Central Idaho 🙄

You joke, but I heard Neuheisel on his Full Ride show talking about visiting Boise St (I guess he has a kid there?), and popping in on Harsin.  He took him to the practice facility, and in prep for a humid game (not sure if it was this one), he said it was like a sauna in there.  So maybe they were better prepared

Edited by Sbbruin

1 minute ago, Sbbruin said:

You joke, but I heard Neuheisel on his Full Ride show talking about visiting Boise St (I guess he has a kid there?), and popping in on Harsin.  He took him to the practice facility, and in prep for a humid game (not sure if it was this one), he said it was like a sauna in there.  So maybe they were better prepared

If that's the case then its even more on Taggart for being out-prepared by Boise State. 

8 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

They heated their practice bubble to over 100F and ran sprinklers in it to get the humidity as high as they could.

2 hours ago, Boogaloo said:

I guess Boise State had an advantage being used to playing in the humid tropical jungle like climate of Central Idaho 🙄

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

Boise is probably dry as fuck. You don’t feel hot, but you’ve got to hydrate like a motherfucker or you’ll dehydrate without even realizing you were hot. 

I had a kidney stone attack in Denver this spring with zero history of kidney stones in the family. At the ER, a doc said:

“You’ve heard or ‘the Rust Belt’ and ‘the Grain Belt’? Well Denver is ‘the Kidney Stone Belt’.”

If Boise is as high and dry as Denver (both high in the Rockies), then a motherfucking ath-a-lete learns early on to stay hydrated. 

EDIT: Boise is just over a Half-Mile High... not as dry,, but they obviously adjusted nicely. 

Edited by Napoleon

2 hours ago, runthebone said:

After watching Florida State wear down in Saturday's season-opening loss to Boise State, coach Willie Taggart is examining whether his players were properly hydrated.

Sounds like an excuse to watch dudes pee...  let me see you pee boy

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

I know it sounds good in theory, but I tried marketing Seminade as a drink years ago, and it was NOT well received.  I guess the world just wasn’t ready for a milk / sports drink hybrid.  

Huh. I'd have assumed you could just sell that stuff by the jar.

In some places, anyway. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

I know it sounds good in theory, but I tried marketing Seminade as a drink years ago, and it was NOT well received.  I guess the world just wasn’t ready for a milk / sports drink hybrid.  

Body fluid beverages are so tough to market...other than Pocari Sweat.

18 hours ago, flatdawgs said:

Huh. I'd have assumed you could just sell that stuff by the jar.

In some places, anyway. 

23 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

You need to focus your marketing in aggyland.

• Like 1