Report: 14 billion dollar deal for Bullet train from Houston to Dallas is done

On 1/16/2023 at 3:23 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

This is the most recent (October) article that I can find with new info about Texas Central Rail: https://www.texastribune.org/2022/10/27/texas-high-speed-rail-dallas-houston/

The lawyer fighting them seems to want to prove that they're not a going concern.  While the rail company says they're moving forward, they're also not actively buying properties as they had planned.

At some point, we need someone in the US to build a dedicated high speed line to determine the long term feasibility. Texas Central looked promising. They have purchased land and worked through the court cases and federal regulations. But then they halted. Not to get political but having a Dem President would seem to be a positive element for them. 

You haven't been paying attention to Florida.  Brightline is operating out of Miami to Fort Lauderdale and West Palm.  And next month it opens its high-speed section to Orlando.  I think they're planning on extending the line to Tampa in a few years.

• Like 1

You haven't been paying attention to Florida.  Brightline is operating out of Miami to Fort Lauderdale and West Palm.  And next month it opens its high-speed section to Orlando.  I think they're planning on extending the line to Tampa in a few years.

Used it about a month ago. It’s great

• 6 months later...
On 3/11/2024 at 11:22 AM, Dahobbs said:

On a train from Brussels to Hamburg right now. Would be really nice to have something similar for the major Texas cities. 

Seriously. US is a third world country in mass transit 

• Hook 'Em 1

Such a no-brainer to build this between Dallas and Houston, with future plans to expand to FW, Austin and SA. It effectively would bring these cities closer together in terms of time.

And while individual needs might still lead some to prefer to drive or fly, it will reduce the traffic with those options. It's a win for the vast majority of Texans.

6 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Such a no-brainer to build this between Dallas and Houston, with future plans to expand to FW, Austin and SA. It effectively would bring these cities closer together in terms of time.

And while individual needs might still lead some to prefer to drive or fly, it will reduce the traffic with those options. It's a win for the vast majority of Texans.

I think it will increase traffic congestion in cities.  Unless the rail is somehow going to be elevated.

26 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

I think it will increase traffic congestion in cities.  Unless the rail is somehow going to be elevated.

The original plan was that all road crossing would be elevated. You can’t have vehicles crossing high speed rail lines. 

• Hook 'Em 1