10.7.19 Coach Herman press conference Noon

bigup2dahorns

Wow, what happened to all of the hot Dallas chicks that were too dumb to go to Texas and went to ousux to become their cheerleaders?  Apparently their pipeline to Texas talent has dried up and they're having to recruit the Midwest, now...

7 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Wow, what happened to all of the hot Dallas chicks that were too dumb to go to Texas and went to ousux to become their cheerleaders?  Apparently their pipeline to Texas talent has dried up and they're having to recruit the Midwest, now...

Now they all go to SEC schools or Clemson.

So what are some burning questions/issues for blOU game??

• Limit penalties especially late hits and unsportsmanlike 
  • Better tackling without targeting
  • Special Teams struggles
  • After film review, why Horns offensive struggled in WVU 3rd qtr?
  • Turnovers --  Huge part of wins in blOU game.  Horns defense not generating fumbles.  Grinch defense emphasizes stripping the ball

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 2

As bad as our D has been, the pressure and reps against LSU and against WVU on the road should help.  I don't think OU's defense is as prepared and have yet to be in a game to claw their way back so there's that.  Our best shot is to rattle Tua  Hurts and for the offense to have its best game yet.  We have enough we just have to prove it on the field.

Edited by RollLeft
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

As bad as our D has been.  The pressure and reps against LSU and against WVU on the road should help.  I don't think OU's defense is as prepared and have yet to be in a game to claw their way back so there's that.  Our best shot is to rattle Tua and for the offense to have its best game yet.  We have enough we just have to prove it on the field.

O rly?

I agree limiting PF penalties will be key. Texas can't win giving the gooners free 1st downs on penalties. What I don't understand is why the players can't understand that throwing PF penalties on Texas is like an orgasm for these refs.

Winning the turnover battle and improved tackling has to happen too.

18 minutes ago, Hard Times said:

I agree limiting PF penalties will be key. Texas can't win giving the gooners free 1st downs on penalties. What I don't understand is why the players can't understand that throwing PF penalties on Texas is like an orgasm for these refs.

Winning the turnover battle and improved tackling has to happen too.

You’re obviously not familiar with the “ref factor.” 

As bad as our D has been, the pressure and reps against LSU and against WVU on the road should help.  I don't think OU's defense is as prepared and have yet to be in a game to claw their way back so there's that.  Our best shot is to rattle Tua  Hurts and for the offense to have its best game yet.  We have enough we just have to prove it on the field.

On the one hand, I agree with you in a philosophical sense. They can score on Texas methodically just as easy as they can score on big plays. Might as well try to force some havoc plays to get them behind schedule and/or generate a turnover or two. Accomplish that on a few possessions and you have a great shot.

On the other hand, we all watched that play out in the LSU game. Yikes.

Biggest thing will be standing tall in the red zone. They're too goddamn talented to shut down between the 20s. But forcing FGs is big when you're very confident your offense can control the ball and score 35 plus.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

On the one hand, I agree with you in a philosophical sense. They can score on Texas methodically just as easy as they can score on big plays. Might as well try to force some havoc plays to get them behind schedule and/or generate a turnover or two. Accomplish that on a few possessions and you have a great shot.

On the other hand, we all watched that play out in the LSU game. Yikes.

Biggest thing will be standing tall in the red zone. They're too goddamn talented to shut down between the 20s. But forcing FGs is big when you're very confident your offense can control the ball and score 35 plus.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I think our best shot is still to not let anything over the top and be stout in the run game. Force Hurts into as many 3rd down passing situations as possible and see if he can make tight window throws against zone coverage and then rally to him when he scrambles.  We don’t keep any lane integrity when we blitz, so trying to get a bunch of pressure will make life too easy on Hurts.

We had guys in position to make the tackle against Sanders (usually Sterns). If we keep outside contain and tackle better, I could see us frustrating the OU offense a decent bit, i.e. stopping them at least a few times.

Wow, what happened to all of the hot Dallas chicks that were too dumb to go to Texas and went to ousux to become their cheerleaders?  Apparently their pipeline to Texas talent has dried up and they're having to recruit the Midwest Middle Earth, now...

Fify
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, utee94 said:

You can criticize those husky Midwest girls all you want, but when the famine comes, they'll outlive those thin Dallas debutants by at least 5 weeks.

• Haha 4