CDC's email and office phone #

TexArcher

3 hours ago, Augustus said:

Well I'm officially a Del Conte Fan.

The man actually called me.

Left me a voicemail with a boisterous greeting of "Hello Texas Ag!!"

Signed off with "Talk to ya later."

I guess we're friends now.

Are we sure CDC isn’t an aggy mole or something? Geezus H.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I fucking just emailed him, if for no other reason to add to the collective pain in the ass the emailers are.  I told him to own his mistake of negotiating against himself and prematurely extending tom's contract. I encouraged him to prove he meant what he said at his introductory press conference that he has high standards, top 10, competing for national championships....

In my eyes CDC is a fraud too until proven otherwise

Just sent:

Dear sir,

I know I don’t count for much, because I contribute and buy season tickets under my Dad and Mom, who are too elderly to attend many games...that said:

I assume you agree that there is ZERO evidence that Tom Herman has any ability to be the coach that the Texas Football program needs, and has done absolutely NOTHING to deserve keeping his job.

His team is an unmitigated failure on the field. He is almost universally despised by the fans. And he shows no signs of understanding the massive failure of his term to date.

The predictable and typical “next step” is for him to fire most if not all of his staff. But you know as well as I do that is just kicking the can down the road. That move NEVER works, and is nothing more than a sign of desperation from a coach that knows he’s DONE in a year, maybe two.

This isn’t Little League where “trying hard” counts for anything. I and others have to work our butts off and SUCCEED and be effective to earn the money we are paid. We also must produce results, and be accountable for falling short. Nowhere else in society is arrogance, non -performance and mediocrity rewarded with “untouchable” status, contract extensions and guaranteed millions and millions of dollars.

Bevo Boulevard and LCL are neat, and the South Endzone looks like it will be awesome. All of it will be nothing more than a Monument to Apathy and Mediocrity unless and until Tom Herman and his Not Ready for Prime Time staff are fired and sent back to the minor leagues.

Thanks in advance for making the tough decisions that need to be made to get our program “back”.

• Like 7

Dear CDC, please don't be a dummy and renew the MENSA contract.

New stadium upgrades around the corner, make it come with a new coaching staff and prepare to join a different conference in the future.

Bring back the aggy Thanksgiving day game. Bring back real Texas football.

OU sucks.

Hook 'em

• Like 2

This program is sick.

It is not capricious to decide that regardless of the short term pain, long-term health requires major and immediate changes.

We have been a profitable failure since the mid-70s. Darrell Royal ended in failure. Fred Akers was a failure. Mack Brown won the conference twice. Those are our three BEST coaches since most of us were born. I don't hold Chris Del Conte responsible for games we lost before he was hired, even though those losses contribute to the current frustration level most of us feel. I do hold him responsible for discerning the pattern of behavior by this football program going back decades now. He needs to make bold changes to address the cultural rot that leaves us peaking with 3- or 4-loss runner-up seasons and winning against OU a third of the time we play them.

What we are doing, as an institution, is not working. I am not advocating cheating by paying players, or abdicating any sense of moral responsibility by hiring someone like Art Briles. I AM saying we need to stop being Internet White Knight Virtual Signaling Faggots over the possibility of hiring Urban Meyer. 

This program needs to be rebuilt, culturally, from the ground up and that starts with defining what acceptable performance is. That definition is likely to provoke a civil war among the Texas fan base because groups that want Urban Meyer, and groups that are deep-down perfectly happy with the Failure Theater of someone like Mack Brown or David Shaw and nine win seasons and "well we'd win more if we were bad like you but we're not so...." are incompatible. 

On 11/24/2019 at 7:03 AM, SwanderedTalent said:

This program is sick.

It is not capricious to decide that regardless of the short term pain, long-term health requires major and immediate changes.

We have been a profitable failure since the mid-70s. Darrell Royal ended in failure. Fred Akers was a failure. Mack Brown won the conference twice. Those are our three BEST coaches since most of us were born. I don't hold Chris Del Conte responsible for games we lost before he was hired, even though those losses contribute to the current frustration level most of us feel. I do hold him responsible for discerning the pattern of behavior by this football program going back decades now. He needs to make bold changes to address the cultural rot that leaves us peaking with 3- or 4-loss runner-up seasons and winning against OU a third of the time we play them.

What we are doing, as an institution, is not working. I am not advocating cheating by paying players, or abdicating any sense of moral responsibility by hiring someone like Art Briles. I AM saying we need to stop being Internet White Knight Virtual Signaling Faggots over the possibility of hiring Urban Meyer. 

This program needs to be rebuilt, culturally, from the ground up and that starts with defining what acceptable performance is. That definition is likely to provoke a civil war among the Texas fan base because groups that want Urban Meyer, and groups that are deep-down perfectly happy with the Failure Theater of someone like Mack Brown or David Shaw and nine win seasons and "well we'd win more if we were bad like you but we're not so...." are incompatible. 

The University of Texas is an academic institution.

Athletics are secondary. Urban Meyer is never going to be allowed to coach at Texas.

That is the culture and I don't see it changing.

22 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Athletics are secondary. Urban Meyer is never going to be allowed to coach at Texas.

No university spends more on athletics than Texas and second place (Michigan) is not particularly close.  Texas spent $31 million more on athletics than any other school in the country in 2018 despite a relatively small number of teams - 20 compared to UM's 29.  That is not consistent with a school where athletics are secondary.    

Dodds, Mack, Augie and Barnes all declined relatively contemporaneously and were allowed to stay past their sell date due to historic accomplishments.  Their delayed departures and underwhelming replacements are responsible for the current predicament.  CDC looks like he may be the first legitimate successor to that group but the damage done to the AD in the past decade was severe and Texas has so far been unable to buy its way out of the situation.

• Like 2

On 11/21/2019 at 2:43 PM, ClubWhatever said:

He has said publicly that the reason was that we needed stability and the extension increased it.

I mean he has to say something.  It doesn't foreclose the idea that he thought it a bad idea.  He's not going to come out and say "Well, against my advice, the alumni have insisted upon an extension for Tom Herman in year two of a five year contract."

Regardless, the stability thing is bullshit of the purest ray serene.  I hope he doesn't believe that.

8 minutes ago, alincoln said:

No university spends more on athletics than Texas and second place (Michigan) is not particularly close.  Texas spent $31 million more on athletics than any other school in the country in 2018 despite a relatively small number of teams - 20 compared to UM's 29.  That is not consistent with a school where athletics are secondary.    

Dodds, Mack, Augie and Barnes all declined relatively contemporaneously and were allowed to stay past their sell date due to historic accomplishments.  Their delayed departures and underwhelming replacements are responsible for the current predicament.  CDC looks like he may be the first legitimate successor to that group but the damage done to the AD in the past decade was severe and Texas has so far been unable to buy its way out of the situation.

If you read Bleeding Orange by John Maher and yes Cunt Bowels, you learn that our athletic department has been severely dysfunctional for a long time.  The alumni are and have always been highly factional and frequently at odds with each other and the administration.  Dodds came along after Royal and created the LHF, which took some power from the BMD and distanced them from the AD.  But it didn't solve the dysfunction entirely. See, e.g. the hiring of Mack Brown while Dodds was prepared to offer Gary Barnett; see also the purported offer to Saban.

Dodds was pretty good at the business of college sports.  I think he threw up his hands on coaching hires, particularly for football, and focused on things he could control and was good at.  That wasn't really optimal for winning or for the actual sports fan experience, but it made us a commercial powerhouse and created a bloated, "Fortune 500" athletic department.  Also, Donna Lopiano and Jody Conradt created a kind of "feminist" sub-department within the AD and Plonsky took it to 11 and made it a personal fiefdom and Dodds was content to let that happen.

Of course events post-Dodds have been horrifically bad until Del Conte.  The rest of the story has yet to be written.

Dr Mr DeLaSoul,

Please execute the following post haste:

• Contact BMDs to see if they will help buy out Herman's contract
  • Initiate back channel conversations with Urban Meyer with three primary goals
    • To determine if he is interested in being the head football coach at the University of Texas
    • To see if he has thought about off-the-field problems that emerged under his watch at Florida and Ohio State and how he might prevent them in the future
    • If he would be amenable to additional help (oversight) to ensure such off-the-field issues do not emerge at Texas
  • Assuming he wants to coach at Texas and the off-the-field risks can be mitigated, come to terms on a top 3 salary with a ceiling of him being the highest paid coach in football -- college or pro.
  • When terms are agreed upon, announce that Tom Herman will not be retained and that Urban Meyer will be our next coach

I expect to see the above completed within the next two weeks.

Sincerely,

Goredho P Butt

P.S. Me, Myself and I was a great song.

Edited by Goredho

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

Then this is what we are. Right now. We need to accept that and move on. We will break through and win 10 games and a Sugar Bowl occasionally, we will win a conference title per decade on average, but we are never going to be a top-shelf football program. 

2 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Then this is what we are. Right now. We need to accept that and move on. We will break through and win 10 games and a Sugar Bowl occasionally, we will win a conference title per decade on average, but we are never going to be a top-shelf football program. 

This has been Texas football since 1970.

2000-2009 was an outlier.

Just now, David Dennison said:

2000-2009 was an outlier.

Bingo. We are in agreement. We've had an arm tied behind our back, for reasons both legitimate and absurd, for nearly 50 years, and it shows. We're 15th in win pct since Barry Switzer was hired at Oklahoma and we have one national championship and ten conference championships in that time. Oklahoma is third and has four and 24, respectively. Ohio State is first, has two and 21. Alabama, fifth, nine, 16. 

Etc, etc. We are not, and will never be, on the level of programs like that, for better and for worse. We won't have a Barry Switzer or Mike Dubose roaming the sidelines, but we're not going to win a lot, either. 

52 minutes ago, alincoln said:

All this proves is that we have a lot of money. We have it so we spend it, albeit in a piss poor fashion. As long as the athletic department avoids scandal and continues to print money, we'll continue to outspend the competition, but don't confuse that with the University of Texas giving equal priority to both academics and athletics. And I'm fine with that. 

Just now, Blotto said:

All this proves is that we have a lot of money. We have it so we spend it, albeit in a piss poor fashion. As long as the athletic department avoids scandal and continues to print money, we'll continue to outspend the competition, but don't confuse that with the University of Texas giving equal priority to both academics and athletics. And I'm fine with that. 

If academics were clearly prioritized, the AD would distribute FAR more revenue back to the academic side than they do.  Don't confuse incompetence in athletics as prioritizing academics.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

1971-1983: 13 seasons, 6 conference titles, 0 losing seasons, 5 seasons with at least 10 wins (11-12 game seasons), 3 seasons with more than 3 losses, 6 Cotton Bowl appearances , 7 Top-10 UPI finishes, 11 AP Top-20 finishes.  

Texas was clearly a Top-10 program in the country during that 13-year stretch. 

On 11/24/2019 at 7:03 AM, SwanderedTalent said:

...groups that are deep-down perfectly happy with the Failure Theater of someone like Mack Brown or David Shaw and nine win seasons and "well we'd win more if we were bad like you but we're not so...." are incompatible. 

Damn. 

This season doubly sucks.

3 minutes ago, alincoln said:

1971-1983: 13 seasons, 6 conference titles, 0 losing seasons, 5 seasons with at least 10 wins (11-12 game seasons), 3 seasons with more than 3 losses, 6 Cotton Bowl appearances , 7 Top-10 UPI finishes, 11 AP Top-20 finishes.  

Texas was clearly a Top-10 program in the country during that 13-year stretch. 

Yeah the 70s weren't as bad as the 80s and 90s.  I might have modified the original to 76 or maybe 80.

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah the 70s weren't as bad as the 80s and 90s.  I might have modified the original to 76 or maybe 80.

They weren't, but we were already getting our teeth kicked in by Oklahoma by 1973 after we helpfully taught them the wishbone offense. 

We lost five games in 1976 and 1980, four in 1974-- so, yes, those are definitely not losing seasons. The downturn seems to have started with the 1973 season, when we were SI's preseason #1 and finished 8-3 with a Cotton Bowl loss and a 52-13 shellacking from OU. 

These arguments are based on total conjecture.

Nebraska has crap academics and a legacy of winning. They haven’t done shit in almost 20 years, across 2 conferences, sans a Big 12 North title in ’09.

Stanford has won the Pac-12 3X in a 4-year span starting in 2012, which equals Texas’ total conference titles in the last 23 years of Big 12 play. (About to be 24) Stanford has a better academic record than Texas.

Nebraska hasn’t had a good coach since Osborne and Stanford has a good coach in David Shaw. You can bag on the Pac-12 all you want, but the Big 12 doesn’t have much elite competition either.

It’s getting a good solid coach that can make an impact. Hiring someone of questionable character to win football games has ZERO to do with academics. Just look at Notre Dame’s past hires and academic reputation. Sans a Penn State or Baylor-esq scandal, IDGAS as long as we’re in the hunt.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alincoln said:

If academics were clearly prioritized, the AD would distribute FAR more revenue back to the academic side than they do.  Don't confuse incompetence in athletics as prioritizing academics.  

UT gives more money back to the  university than any other school. We spend the most and give back the most simply because we make the most. It says nothing about the priorities of the University.

If you truly believe athletics aren't secondary to academics at Texas, I'm not going to change your mind. A&M running for the cash grab of the SEC, trashing their entrance standards as they grow to 70K students, and basically building a brand out of the SEC is a much better example. That's not a trade off Texas would make.

3 hours ago, David Dennison said:

I completely agree. I would advocate we stop prioritizing anything athletics and start improving more of our academics. 

We aren’t winning jack shit anytime soon anyway 

• Fuck You 1

26 minutes ago, Blotto said:

UT gives more money back to the  university than any other school. We spend the most and give back the most simply because we make the most. It says nothing about the priorities of the University.

If you truly believe athletics aren't secondary to academics at Texas, I'm not going to change your mind. A&M running for the cash grab of the SEC, trashing their entrance standards as they grow to 70K students, and basically building a brand out of the SEC is a much better example. That's not a trade off Texas would make.

Really? Show me a source that supports your claim that UT gives more money back to the university than any other school.

• Fuck You 2

3 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Fair enough, but now look at the schools listed right under Texas, the amount of money they returned (which as a percentage might be higher for them) and tell me that its because UT values academics more. 

Texas just seems to suck at hiring football coaches.

32 minutes ago, hornhorn said:

Really? Show me a source that supports your claim that UT gives more money back to the university than any other school.

Ahh, the aggy troll.

Maybe your athletic department will pay off that decade old loan from your academic side one day. Fuck off, bitch.

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1