USMNT 2020

Napoleon

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Weston keeping busy. 

3615D9A7-EB86-4629-B568-C34B6EF17E82.jpeg

I think the guy is going to be at Juve for a while if he wants to.  The manager likes him.  Apparently Buffon is one of his good friends and calls him Big Mac.  I assume Buffon will be their manager in the future.  The guys basically player/assistant coach at this point. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Tex48 said:

I think the guy is going to be at Juve for a while if he wants to.  The manager likes him.  Apparently Buffon is one of his good friends and calls him Big Mac.  I assume Buffon will be their manager in the future.  The guys basically player/assistant coach at this point. 

buffon is one of 6 or 7 guys that italy can tap to run the azzuri.

3 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

buffon is one of 6 or 7 guys that italy can tap to run the azzuri.

True I thought he'd be a manager in Serie A first but if Mancini fails to get Italy to a WC that job might be opening up a lot sooner.  I still can't believe they failed to qualify in 2016 but hell I could say the same thing about the USMNT.  

8 hours ago, Tex48 said:

I'm curious to what Juve would do if Pirlo doesn't win the title in his first year. 

8 hours ago, shnsajax said:

I'm curious to what Juve would do if Pirlo doesn't win the title in his first year. 

I don't expect them to win the title tbh.  AC Milan looks really good this season and they don't have to worry about Champions league midweek fixtures for player rotation.  (ik they have europa but that is a bit easier)  I don't know how they end up doing without Zlatlan though.  (I can't remember what happened with his injury on weather or not it was serious) 

0tmccnh1mqs51.jpg

I know this was from Tuesday but I realized no one posted it here.  What position do yall think Owen ends up playing longterm?  He played RB in the game but apparently he's played everything from CAM, CDM, CB, and RB for Wolves at the youth level.  

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

Stuff like this is neat (and super fun for Americans that enjoy watching soccer) but until it translates it seems only tangentially related to the NT. How many of those guys have a cap for the NT? How many have yet to get called up? 

I don't know. Maybe I'm being a dick about it (or just bitter about our recent form) - just seems like there's a difference between "Americans playing soccer" and the USMNT. Especially when we've routinely struggled just to get the right fucking guys on the pitch. 

43 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Stuff like this is neat (and super fun for Americans that enjoy watching soccer) but until it translates it seems only tangentially related to the NT. How many of those guys have a cap for the NT? How many have yet to get called up? 

I don't know. Maybe I'm being a dick about it (or just bitter about our recent form) - just seems like there's a difference between "Americans playing soccer" and the USMNT. Especially when we've routinely struggled just to get the right fucking guys on the pitch. 

Its still just a numbers game, the more prospects the better the odds. With that said we have a guy starting a Juve, Barca, the #10 at Chelsea, and a top 3 in the world player 18 or younger. 

We also still have a shit federation and shit manager 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, shnsajax said:

Its still just a numbers game, the more prospects the better the odds. With that said we have a guy starting a Juve, Barca, the #10 at Chelsea, and a top 3 in the world player 18 or younger. 

We also still have a shit federation and shit manager 

Of course. I guess I'm just in the "don't tell me, show me" camp.

22 hours ago, ztejas said:

Of course. I guess I'm just in the "don't tell me, show me" camp.

I'm with you but @shnsajax is right about it being a numbers game.  At the very least, we're in a position in which an injury or two wouldn't necessarily destroy the success of the team.  I still have PTSD about John O'Brien.  

Hopefully, Covid is more under control and we get our 50-something USMNT games over the next 1/2 year.

18 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I'm with you but @shnsajax is right about it being a numbers game.  At the very least, we're in a position in which an injury or two wouldn't necessarily destroy the success of the team.  I still have PTSD about John O'Brien.  

Hopefully, Covid is more under control and we get our 50-something USMNT games over the next 1/2 year.

Yep agreed, its in my name and I will still push for Eric ten Hag to take full control of the Federation which will never happened but he's the perfect man for 2022 and 2026.

I saw someone say a few months ago that Berhalter was chosen based on his ability to recruit dual-nationals and compare him to Nick Saban recruiting wise.  If he is actual able to get players like Musah and Balogun to take caps with the USMNT like he did with Sergino Dest.  Then he might actually deserve the comparisons. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tex48 said:

I saw someone say a few months ago that Berhalter was chosen based on his ability to recruit dual-nationals and compare him to Nick Saban recruiting wise.  If he is actual able to get players like Musah and Balogun to take caps with the USMNT like he did with Sergino Dest.  Then he might actually deserve the comparisons. 

damn Balogun would be a coup for us. and with the guys in front of him who are in front of him in the England set up, his best path to actually playing in a World Cup or three is probably via the USMNT. 

Edited by shadow_operative

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

damn Balogun would be a coup for us. and with the guys in front of him who are in front of him in the England set up, his best path to actually playing in a World Cup or three is probably via the USMNT. 

Yeah thats why I think we have a shot at actually getting both Musah and Balogun.  England has way too much talent and also Southgate has his favorites even though they aren't necessarily their best options.  (For example grealish not being a starter for them).  Apparently Trippier had a chat with Musah after the most recent Valencia vs Atletico game.  We need berhalter to lock the guys down as soon as he gets the chance.  

On 12/17/2020 at 7:21 PM, Ted Lange said:

Busio is quick, has good skill, and is under 5'7"... of course Barcelona has their eye on him.

(He might even be in the 5'4"-5'5" range in person, if not so on the Interwebz.)

On 12/17/2020 at 7:24 PM, Ted Lange said:

What a fucking bargain.   

On 12/17/2020 at 7:46 PM, ztejas said:

Really? Seems about right to me. 

A 22 year-old moving from the Bundesliga to Juventus and slides right into the starting lineup...

I would say that 23 Million Euros is a steal!

On 12/17/2020 at 7:50 PM, Ted Lange said:

He’ll be worth close to double that by the end of next season.

Este!

• Hook 'Em 1