Texas athletes petitioning University to replace "The Eyes of Texas" and to no longer require athletes to sing it

Goo Punch

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

I don't think Jesus exists, out of respect for Christians I don't say that around them.
I don't think everyone's kids are talented or special, out of respect for them I don't say that.
I don't think there's anything wrong with rap music, out of respect for my wife who hates it and its content I don't listen to it.
I don't think bacon is bad, out of respect for Jewish friends I don't put it on their plates.
and on and on and on and on

These are such fundamentally flawed comparisons to something that is being considered racist that I'm not even going to go through them. 

I think I have a better understanding of what you're trying to say so thanks. 

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

@David Dennison thought it was going away? Sounds like they’re being forced to stand now. Get fucked dipshit 

BurntOrange&White, You're kinda the extreme opposite of smart. Anything that resembles "forced" should horrify you as a UT fan. This is not a good development. It's a possible match to a powder keg if one group of vocal players decide not to fall in line. Herman, CDC and even Hartzell are all walking a very fine line and they know it. Notice they never get close to using any words that sound like coercion (expectation is what CDC said) of the players. With more details being discussed behind the scenes as we speak. Because they are smart people in the middle of a really tough spot with a fragile team/program. I don't envy the position they are in. This could go South very fast and have wide ranging repercussions. The guy who posted the video about culture is right. It's a program that is not in a position to absorb trauma and quickly emerge in a good place. Darrell Royal and Mack Brown was also so very right  about the challenge of getting all the the BB's back in the box. What a total cluster. I don't know about you but I don't want more Texas HS players opting to go to OU, the SEC and Big 10. Enough of that crap. 

• Fuck You 4

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

“standing together as a unified group” does not equate to mandating participation in singing of the song. 

The players wont see it your way though

Throughout college athletics history, almost every athletic dept that went against the student athletes came out on bottom

This will be no different. The Eyes are gone, many just dont know it yet. The longer this drags out, the worse its going to make us look

6 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Throughout college athletics history, almost every athletic dept that went against the student athletes came out on bottom

This will be no different. The Eyes are gone, many just dont know it yet. The longer this drags out, the worse its going to make us look

The way it sounds money talked so it doesn’t matter what the players want or think. There will be an agreement but for now it’s not pick and choose when you’re going to walk off. 

how about these fucking dipshit football players just do what volleyball team is doing? 

The way it sounds money talked so it doesn’t matter what the players want or think. There will be an agreement but for now it’s not pick and choose when you’re going to walk off. 

how about these fucking dipshit football players just do what volleyball team is doing? 

Until they decide they don't want to stay for the Eyes. Then what?

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

It doesn’t matter what effect it has. Them walking off the field is costing the athletic department millions in donations. That’s the bottom line. 

It doesn't matter what effect it has??!?!?!? What?! Do you even read what you type?! Of course the EFFECT matters. What the hell?1

• Fuck You 3

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

It doesn't matter what effect it has??!?!?!? What?! Do you even read what you type?! Of course the EFFECT matters. What the hell?1

The university > than the player 

for every player that doesn’t like it there are more to fill his spot. Especially these players who are so outspoken and not performing. 

• Hook 'Em 5

21 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Problematic traditions were never an issue until 8 months ago. Take the L loser and go sit with Tom Herman on his throne of shit you beta cuck cloakroom troll. 

Everything changed 8 months ago. You know that. It's why you're upset. Change has happened and you can't control it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Everything changed 8 months ago. You know that. It's why you're upset. Change has happened and you can't control it.

Not really. Everything cycles out of the news and we will do this whole dance again in a few years. BLM is being removed from nba courts next season. 

this revolution is done for now. Until the next time. Yeah some good changes happened and we’ve progressed but we will be doing the same song and dance every few years. 

true detective circle GIF

Edited by BurntOrange&White

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Until they don't. Then what?

Who gives a shit?

We suck at football right now.  Your position is that making the players stand for the song will make the players (that already suck at football) leave and go elsewhere (to suck at football wherever they go).   

I say screw it.   Protect our non-racist traditions.  It’s worth it.   We have the most recognizable alma mater in the country.   Why get rid of it at the expense of shitty misguided players?

• Hook 'Em 3

34 minutes ago, satyanash said:

When players' parents and recruits parents start talking and feeling shaded... This is the development I am most concerned about. If you lose mama, you usually lose the recruit. It's not just the kids; it's whole families you have to consider.     

• Fuck You 2

52 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

It doesn’t matter what effect it has. Them walking off the field is costing the athletic department millions in donations. That’s the bottom line. 

Their piss poor efforts on the field leading up to The Eyes is costing much more.

Edited by Spankytoes
  • Like 1