2018 MMA discussion

ajax

6 minutes ago, Dropout said:

Khabib gives no fucks about money. It’s his legacy. It’s his family. It’s his respect. Conor shat all over that until that cage was locked. Then he shat himself. Doubt Conor wants any part of a rematch. He knows better now.

That's the difference here.

Conor is all show.  It's all a money making scheme for him.

Khabib is the real deal.  That dude just loves to wrestle and fuck dudes up.  So he's not playing these silly promotional, "let's try to boost the PPV buys" game.  You talk shit about his family, his country, attack him and his teammates/friends like with the bus incident, etc. he's going to take it personally.

If I was Dana White I'd:  fine Khabib and suspend him for a bit (though maybe he doesn't care because of retirement), let Conor slink off with his money, and nail that guy who sucker punched Conor to the wall.  Whoever that guy was he's done in the UFC and he needs charges brought up on him. 

Edited by SpiralOut

2 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Legacy huh, who has he beat?

Dos Anjos

Johnson

Barboza

Al laquinta

and Conor

So, two great fighters in his career, both strikers/boxers. Great legacy.

Guy he's 27-0 and by all accounts has never lost a round.  You probably should just get some rest.

1 minute ago, SpiralOut said:

That's the difference here.

Conor is all show.  It's all a money making scheme for him.

Khabib is the real deal.  That dude just loves to wrestle and fuck dudes up.  So he's not playing these silly promotional, "let's try to boost the PPV buys" game.  You talk shit about his family, his country, etc. he's going to take it personally.

If I was Dana White I'd:  fine Khabib and suspend him for a bit (though maybe he doesn't care because of retirement), let Conor slink off with his money, and nail that guy who sucker punched Conor to the wall.  Whoever that guy was he's done in the UFC and he needs charges brought up on him. 

Good luck finding "dagastan man #6"

Nobody is getting nailed. The UFC has no teeth since the Fertittas got out. It's a bunch of the same characters, but they are just smiling and collecting checks until the thing falls the rest of the way apart.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Lets discuss the next PPV in New York - an exciting matchup between "To be Announced" vs. "To be Determined". 

nobody.pngTo be determined looks pretty determined lately.

9 minutes ago, Zavala said:

I guess you get hard watching two dudes humping for 20 mins. It's totally boring. Royce Gracie had class and finished guys with great technique. Habib has been dodging the only other grappler in the division, the other interim champion, Tony Fergeson, so he could cash a paycheck fighting against dudes he has an advantage in style. 

Truth is, if they put Kabib and Tony as a headline PPV, nobody would buy it. 

Royce and his ilk are submission artist, fighting in an era where their opponents were brawlers who couldn't spell jiujitsu.

Khabib tosses people around and destroys them with ground and pound.  Have you not seen the Michael Johnson, edson barboza fights?  He puts the fear of Allah in people

Dudes humping.....that's your dream bro

2 minutes ago, AbeFroman said:

Guy he's 27-0 and by all accounts has never lost a round.  You probably should just get some rest.

Right, my point is, he layed on a bunch of no name Russians to pad his shitty record before he layed on a few strikers in the UFC.

Just now, 52-80 said:

Royce and his ilk are submission artist, fighting in an era where their opponents were brawlers who couldn't spell jiujitsu.

Khabib tosses people around and destroys them with ground and pound.  Have you not seen the Michael Johnson, edson barboza fights?  He puts the fear of Allah in people

Dudes humping.....that's your dream bro

I skimmed through them, or maybe watched the highlights. Doesn't matter really, they were horribly boring just like his title win against the #13 ranked fighter in the division. 

Have you ever watched Pride FC? They would've given kabib a yellow card for stalling with that shit - he threw about 10 strikes each of the first two rounds and layed & prayed Conors energy away. Conor has been doing blow and getting wasted these past few years after he got rich, he was always going to gas out if the lay and pray goes for 4-5 rounds.

27 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Yup. After a guy competes in this "sport" for 20 mins some idoit shithead Russian inbred punches you. Really people pay money for this stupid shit? Daniel crybaby Cormier in there too.

Just retire the sport is ruined. Jon jones can't even save this dumb shit.

Shut the fuck up you cry baby pussy ass bitch. Take your bullshit to Reddit

Now to address the fight. Fucking Irish prick and his band of hooligans throw an equipment dolly through a window injuring Khabib's people, Connor constantly insulting his father, insulting him personally, and his wrestling coach saying he would kill Khabib if Connor didn't? 

Yeah, McGregor and his band of fake actors finally spouted off to a stone cold fucking killer and it bit him in the ass. Khabib is a fucking monster. That was domination. Beautiful to watch. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Zavala said:

I skimmed through them, or maybe watched the highlights. Doesn't matter really, they were horribly boring just like his title win against the #13 ranked fighter in the division. 

Have you ever watched Pride FC? They would've given kabib a yellow card for stalling with that shit - he threw about 10 strikes each of the first two rounds and layed & prayed Conors energy away. Conor has been doing blow and getting wasted these past few years after he got rich, he was always going to gas out if the lay and pray goes for 4-5 rounds.

This isn’t pride. Sorry your boy got worked by the better mixed martial artist. Maybe Conor should get in shape before biting off more than he can chew.

So what do we think happens regarding suspensions and fines?

1 minute ago, Junior Miller said:

Shut the fuck up you cry baby pussy ass bitch. Take your bullshit to Reddit

Now to address the fight. Fucking Irish prick and his band of hooligans throw an equipment dolly through a window injuring Khabib's people, Connor constantly insulting his father, insulting him personally, and his wrestling coach saying he would kill Khabib if Connor didn't? 

Yeah, McGregor and his band of fake actors finally spouted off to a stone cold fucking killer and it bit him in the ass. Khabib is a fucking monster. That was domination. Beautiful to watch. 

ooo your trap card

SeethingSong.jpg

9 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Good luck finding "dagastan man #6"

He's a teammate of Khabib's and is a UFC fighter.  I think they'll have no problems banning his ass.  And if he doesn't want to get arrested he probably needs to be hopping on a plane out of the country right now.

Edit:  Whoops.  They're already in cuffs.

Edited by SpiralOut

12 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Lol, khabib tossed Abel Trujillo approx 25 times in 1 fight.

He beat a former title holder named RDA, if you forgotten.

In pride rd1 lasts 10 minutes.  Conor wouldn't have had a chance to stand up.

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

This isn’t pride. Sorry your boy got worked by the better mixed martial artist. Maybe Conor should get in shape before biting off more than he can chew.

So what do we think happens regarding suspensions and fines?

Same thing that happened with Conor, nothing. The UFC is starving for cash. The Disney deal is probably all they are really hoping for but they have zero fighters with enough appeal to actually make it the through the next few PPVs.

WMMA - maybe Valentina if they ever find someone to fight her for that belt they just stripped off of Nicco

Nunes vs. Cyborg maybe?

FW: Cejudo v. Johnson rematch I guess, won't be able to really draw with any flyweights

BW: TJ vs. ???

FW: Ortega is the real deal, don't know if Holloway really wants to fight him. Dec. 8 lets see if he pulls out again.

LW: Khabib isn't a draw against anyone, unless they have the UFC in Russia. 

WW: Woodley v. Covington, Woodley just fought so he will probably want to take 8 months. Usman looks like the next big star there.

MW: Whitaker vs. Gastelem, II guess not after the reality show for some reason?

LHW: Bones Jones is back, maybe Gus will fight him? Don't think DC wants to run that one back again. 

HW: Bork Lesner!

Capture.0.png

47 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Just retire the sport is ruined. Jon jones can't even save this dumb shit.

The guy who commited hit and run against a pregnant lady outside the octagon, and failed 2 drug tests inside the octagon, this is your model figure for saving the sport?

Christ

2 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Lol, khabib tossed Abel Trujillo approx 25 times in 1 fight.

He beat a former title holder named RDA, if you forgotten.

In pride rd1 lasts 10 minutes.  Conor wouldn't have had a chance to stand up.

Pride also had little asian guys holding them inside a boxing ring instead of a cage to lay n pray against. Also, as soon as the crowd starts booing, they stand them up and give the guy a yellow card for stalling. Two yellow cards docked their pay.

2 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

You're an ignorant moron and you won't stop spouting the same stupid shit over and over. Take it to reddit

More name calling huh. So in summation, you are calling me a "ignorant cry baby pussy ass bitch moron". Wow, really cut me deep.

2 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Pride also had little asian guys holding them inside a boxing ring instead of a cage to lay n pray against. Also, as soon as the crowd starts booing, they stand them up and give the guy a yellow card for stalling. Two yellow cards docked their pay.

And pride doesn't have cages for Conor to dig his toes or grab his hands into to prevent the take down.

Just so you know

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

The guy who commited hit and run against a pregnant lady outside the octagon, and failed 2 drug tests inside the octagon, this is your model figure for saving the sport?

Christ

You are proving my point. The only people that cazzies can name are fucking druggies. 

Nobody knows the current fighters in the UFC other than Jones and Conor. 

Guarantee you that they are relying on Jones to get a real draw for an upcoming PPV.

You think Bork Lesner and DC is a draw?

18 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Conor is the loud mouth bitch that made this so personal.  And then Khabib wiped the floor with his ass.

Conor's really lucky that dolly hit a support beam on that bus, because if it had gone through that window flush, that dumb loud mouth motherfucker may still be sitting in a cell.

But real talk, Conor is done fighting.

Both for the fact that he's lost his last 3 out of 5, and he didn't expect an out-of-office retaliation like that, his trash talks run out of juice.

He doesn't need to talk up some promotion, because he's already got the money.

What's left for him the sport?  Fight a losable Diaz trilogy?  Fight up and come Kevin Lee to climb the ladder again?  That's not really his style.

A GSP match to open the 165 division?  Possible, but also losable.

9 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Christ

Yeah, but

1.  Jon Jones isn't from Russia 

2.  He punches and kicks a lot instead of grappling all the time.

Ergo, he gets a pass.

At least I guess that's how it works based on the last few pages discussion.

Edited by Captain Obvious

It looked to me that there were three guys who jumped into the ring and then went after McGregor. I don't blame him for throwing punches since the other fellow had already jumped out of the ring and was fighting. I think McGregor is an insufferable bore, so I am not on his side, or really against him. But I don't blame him for that.

As for the stuff that led up to that, yes, he's at fault 100%.

The other thing is how about those guys in the red sport coats? There should be some real investigation as to why it took them so long to get inside the cage.

Zavala you seem like a big bitch. You whine like a cocksucker. You dont like the sport, yet you slurped on Conor for this fight.

Fuck off already dumbass. I wish you were here right now so i could choke you out with my cock down your throat bitch

• Like 3

7 hours ago, AbeFroman said:

Look at these Conor supporters calling Khabib a thug.  Conor is the one that showed up with a gang of people and through a dolly into the glass.

Khabib whipped him all over the place.  Stood right in front of him.  Khabib made Conor quit, just like he said he would.

This!

1 hour ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Anyone have a link to the fight. I was too damn tired from driving up to the ou sucks game and back to stay up. I saw some highlights, but like to see it all.

Hahaha someone said Royce Gracie and “classy” in the same sentence. That is pretty fucking funny.

Ditto!  Any link is appreciated!