Jshep34

1 hour ago, Scraps said:

Tomorrows game postponed.

Should just play 6 inning tripleheader today like a boss

I think that they should play 9 innings that count as 3 games, as follow:
game 1 - 9 innings
game 2 - innings 1-6
game 3 - innings 4-9

that way it doesn't eat up your pitching staff so much, keeps the game(s) interesting and makes the middle innings 3x more relevant
I mean why not, makes as much sense as anything else in 2020

that sure was purty closing out the inning by Javier.

What's with the announcer throwing shade with the "future HoFer" descriptor?  Dude has been pitching his ass off.

3 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

It’s has to be discouraging to make both the first and last out of an inning. 

whatever Straw does, he does it fast.  Should be all over marketing for JImmyJohns.

3 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Of course it is moved to Anaheim.  They already had us playing 6 of the series' 10 there and 7 of 10 against the A's in Oakland.  Luckily the Angels aren't as good as expected.  That corrupt little twerp really goes out of the way to try to stack the deck against us.

Manfred is Selig.  Selig is Manfred.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Of course it is moved to Anaheim.  They already had us playing 6 of the series' 10 there and 7 of 10 against the A's in Oakland.  Luckily the Angels aren't as good as expected.  That corrupt little twerp really goes out of the way to try to stack the deck against us.

Manfred is Selig.  Selig is Manfred.

Or we’re in a pandemic when travel isn’t exactly encouraged and this was the last series against the angels at home and it only makes sense to play the game in Anaheim when there is already a series scheduled there.

Now, if they make us play play the A’s in a certain barn in south oklahoma this weekend...

Edited by UTexasFight

What channel are y'all watching the game on? My guide says it's on MLB network, but it isn't. Don't see it listed any other way. I'm having this same problem over and over. I have my DVR set to record all the Astros games, and the listed games record at the right time, but there's always something else there instead of the game.

I google the game and it says it's on FS West, but of course, it's showing tennis. WTF?

Edited by wood

5 minutes ago, wood said:

What channel are y'all watching the game on? My guide says it's on MLB network, but it isn't. Don't see it listed any other way. I'm having this same problem over and over. I have my DVR set to record all the Astros games, and the listed games record at the right time, but there's always something else there instead of the game.

Pretty sure if you live in the Astros TV market the game is never on a national network unless said national network is the only broadcast

in other words, if MLB network picked up an Astros game already scheduled on ATT SportsNet, you’ll only be able to see it on ATT

Edited by UTexasFight

1 minute ago, Scraps said:

We noticed.

Where are you located? Quit trying to watch blacked out stations lol.

I'm in Austin. Kinda seems like I should be able to watch the Astros. Never had any problem before, and they continue to show up in the listings...

What changed?

8 minutes ago, wood said:

I'm in Austin. Kinda seems like I should be able to watch the Astros. Never had any problem before, and they continue to show up in the listings...

What changed?

Just stream it if it's that big of a hassle.  I did it all last year and haven't missed a game this year.  A couple of games ago the feed on Bilasports( one of the Reddit MLBstreams) had audio and some video issues.  We simply clicked on another stream and watched that night.   Other than that, I hook up the computer to the TV with an HDMI cable and enjoy!

Great job Javier & Company.  Let's play two!!!

Edited by slorch

17 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

You would know better than I so pardon my asking.... does Google Fiber actually carry ATT Sports? Current channel listing online for Austin doesn't show any ATT Sports Networks.

Nope. Earlier in the season I was getting games recorded on my DVR & wasn't really paying that much attn to what channels they were on when I watched them. It was working fine. But then all of a sudden I started getting recordings with other shit. I guess that's when some kind of conflict with ATT kicked in or something. So now I just get recordings at the right time, but with strong man competitions, poker, & other shit where the baseball is supposed to be. TLDR my confusion stems from the games showing up in the guide at the right times and on channels that make sense, but not really being there. That's never been a problem til now...

Edited by wood

Just now, wood said:

Nope. Earlier in the season I was getting games recorded on my DVR & wasn't really paying that much attn to what channels they were on when I watched them. It was working fine. But then all of a sudden I started getting recording with other shit. I guess that's when some kind of conflict with ATT kicked in or something. So now I just get recordings at the right time, but with strong man competitions, poker, & other shit where the baseball is supposed to be.

Those games listed in your channel guide on MLB Network or any of the Fox Sports regional networks except for games against the Rangers are all going to be blacked out in Austin.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Scraps said:

You're fucked. Stream it.

Sounds like it.

Just now, Gourmand said:

Those games listed in your channel guide on MLB Network or any of the Fox Sports regional networks except for games against the Rangers are all going to be blacked out in Austin.

OK. Cool. Hookem.

• Like 1