2020 Astros Season Thread

Jshep34

3 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

This isn't a good look for the Astros training staff. Both knees? How did they miss this?

I said something similar a few weeks back. His knee problems weren’t a secret so I don’t think they missed it. The doctors must have made the decision to not to take care of it in the offseason. Obviously they made the wrong one. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kevwun said:

Outside of double knee replacement or an accident, I don't think I've ever heard of someone needing both knees operated on.

I went to hs with a guy that needed it. He’d run wide open and it looked like he was running in slow motion. We called him ‘pokey’, great guy 

Oh and also it may get better sooner than that.  Mayfield out Diaz in soon hopefully:

Some injury updates from Baker: - Alex Bregman is in Corpus Christi and doing some running - Aledmys Díaz could join team tomorrow. - Brad Peacock and Chris Devenski are throwing - Jose Urquidy threw 50 pitches yesterday or today. He said earlier on 790 AM he was 10 days away.

14 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Oh and also it may get better sooner than that.  Mayfield out Diaz in soon hopefully:

Some injury updates from Baker: - Alex Bregman is in Corpus Christi and doing some running - Aledmys Díaz could join team tomorrow. - Brad Peacock and Chris Devenski are throwing - Jose Urquidy threw 50 pitches yesterday or today. He said earlier on 790 AM he was 10 days away.

no update on yordan i assume is....bad news?

also jake from rake farm just went deep vs the yanks.  so there's that.

2 hours ago, Scraps said:

Also Dusty has no clue if they are even playing tonight even at this moment.  He said it is up to the players and if they feel they need to play or not.  

I would guess they would seeing as though it is Jackie Day, but who knows.  

Doesn’t appear so?

LMJ is sitting and hasn’t warmed up at all 

I don't understand not playing as a protest but whatever.  Also, if they're not going to play why do both sides go through the motion of coming to the park and dressing out?

Also seems like a dick move to not let the A's know and force their starter to warm up.  And the A's must be doubly outraged as they're sitting out two days in a row.

• Hook 'Em 1

Wanna make a statement I'd pay attention to?   postpone all sports until there are no murders for 24 consecutive hours in Chicago and NYC.

Show me you care about lives and not politics.

This shit is so fucking stupid  and grandstanding.

5 minutes ago, slorch said:

Wanna make a statement I'd pay attention to?   postpone all sports until there are no murders for 24 consecutive hours in Chicago and NYC.

Show me you care about lives and not politics.

This shit is so fucking stupid  and grandstanding.

Those murders are a product of the system they are protesting. Politics changes lives. See: the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Voting Rights Act of 1965.

Edited by David Dennison