2020 Astros Season Thread

Jshep34

2 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Question that I don't fully know answer to.

When Machado whiffs at that bunt then runs 10 ft out of box....if machete would plunk him with a "pick off to first" would we get a free out?

Not if Joe West is behind the plate.

but generally, the answer would have to be yes, right? Batter interference just like any throw to second on a steal attempt here the batter leans out over the plate

Edited by UTexasFight
  • Like 1

I would hate to bail, but this fucking team ain't winning shit.  Between the shitty BP and all the fucking injuries it is a lost cause.  

If we keep sucking ass this week I would trade Springer, and that is saying a lot from someone who wanted him to be a lifer.  

I would also ship Yuli if someone wanted him.  Hell someone could even have Reddick for an A ball player for all I care.  

2020 sucks dick so let's just top it off 

Edit - the problem is though we could play blindfolded and get 2nd in the West so we are going to be in the playoffs regardless what we do lol 

Edited by Scraps

56 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Trading away any useful prospects is throwing good money after bad for this season.  There are too many holes to fix.

Yeah, not only for the holes/injuries we have now, but also because the postseason is even more of a crapshoot then most years.

The old regime (Luhnow/Mejdel) always said the playoffs were a coin flip (in a normal year). 
This year with the extra 3 game series at the beginning, it’s going to be even more chaotic.

That, combined with there being no guarantee a postseason is even started let alone completed, I can’t imagine there being many moves by anybody over the next week.

10 minutes ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

I'd keep Alex B and Uncle Mike for sure.  The rest of 'em make me an offer and I'll think it over.

Bergman?  He’s locked down for 5 more years. And doesn’t even make all that much money as far as those things go. 
plus, nobody is paying shit by the way in prospects for this season. Nobody. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

15 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Trout shut the fuck up

Wife deadpans, “ That guy needs to trout right back over to the dugout because that was a strike.”

I just giggled.  She is right, but has no idea who Trout is.

Framber seems rustled... in a good way.

Edited by slorch