Champions League 2017-2018

sidis

2 hours ago, Speedtrucker said:

today with the score line I'm extremely interested in seeing Roma's response and if they are going to be dumb and play a high line against Salah and Mane

Real Madrid presses with a very high line consistently. Worried about this against Liverpool.

3 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Yeah. Not sure why people are getting all bent out of shape over this. I've heard plenty of Liverpool fans talking about going after #6. 

I imagine it's commentators trying to find something to report.

Never give an inch to the Madristas

3 minutes ago, MoJames said:

I'm conflicted.

I can't root for Madrid, but why would I root for Pool in the final?

For one - I hate the fans and the club, but actually kind of like watching them play.  For the other - I hate the fans, the club and most of the players.

Guess I will have to go for Liverpool, but I won't like it.  I really think they are going to get fucking destroyed though.

2 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Do I hate Real more than I hate Liverpool fans?

Fuck Real.

Real Madrid symbolised everything that Franco stood for – the power of a centralised Spain, the power of Madrid, and the strength of traditional Castilian values.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kingkoopa6 said:

but vs back to back champs? 

idk Capt... 

Are they playing 3 teams at one time? No.

They are playing this year's squad. And seriously, what have you seen in the last 270 minutes that tells you they are an exceptional team?  Not much to me.

On the flip side, look at Liverpool - they are dynamic, they are playing really well. And they score like nobody's business.

2 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Are they playing 3 teams at one time? No.

They are playing this year's squad. And seriously, what have you seen in the last 270 minutes that tells you they are an exceptional team?  Not much to me.

On the flip side, look at Liverpool - they are dynamic, they are playing really well. And they score like nobody's business.

Look, I like Klopp and I really like the way Liverpool play now, but I really think their style of play fits perfectly into Real's strengths.  It is pretty much the same way City run riot over everyone but Liverpool.  

I think Speedtrucker is right.  Liverpool may go up at one point, but late in the game they will be trailing by 3.

22 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Fuck Real.

Real Madrid symbolised everything that Franco stood for – the power of a centralised Spain, the power of Madrid, and the strength of traditional Castilian values.

Stop with that rhetoric, Madrid sympathized with the anti-fascists and removed the crown and added the purple stripe to their crest to recognize the republic until Franco took complete control and Madrid FC was again branded Real Madrid with the crown on the crest but the purple sash remained.

just stick with Madrid being the evil empire, like the cowboys, Yankees and Manu etc.  and that our fans suck(because a lot of them do!) and that CR7 is a twat that is easily hateable()if he weren't wearing white I'd hate him)

Edited by Speedtrucker
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Speedtrucker said:

Stop with that rhetoric, Madrid sympathized with the anti-fascists and removed the crown and added the purple stripe to their crest to recognize the republic until Franco took complete control and Madrid FC was again branded Real Madrid with the crown on the crest but the purple sash remained.

just stick with Madrid being the evil empire, like the cowboys, Yankees and Manu etc.  and that our fans suck(because a lot of them do!) and that CR7 is a twat that is easily hateable()if he weren't wearing white I'd hate him)

Fair enough. Fuck em. 

Go Liverpool. 

31 minutes ago, Speedtrucker said:

Madrid not at home? And it's for a cup?

Madrid 4-2 Liverpool

itll be a fast game and I expect Zizou to concede possession to look for the counters if Carvajal is healthy.  If not I expect him to try and roll more speed in the midfield over defense.

You got that backwards....real was under constant pressure by bayern...liverpool cruised today at got 2...liverpool will win

32 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

FWIW, both teams seemed to have stumbled into the final. Who knows what will happen.

Just saw this.  HUH? Liverpool cruised to an easy advancement today, even giving up 2 meaningless late goals. They are scoring 17-7 in the KO rounds. I'm not seeing the stumble you're talking about.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Just saw this.  HUH? Liverpool cruised to an easy advancement today, even giving up 2 meaningless late goals. They are scoring 17-7 in the KO rounds. I'm not seeing the stumble you're talking about.

Those late goals weren't meaningless to my heart. I think I lost several lives in the last 10 minutes.