Several shot during 3rd night of Kenosha riots

clapclapclap

1 minute ago, South Austin said:

There shouldn’t be much disagreement on that. Those guys are morons, not only for going out that night instead of watching the riots on their TVs while drinking Keystone Light, but approaching someone in a volatile situation who’s carrying a rifle. Even if I decide to go out and watch some senseless rioting for shits and giggles, going near someone openly carrying is a big nope for me. Stupid games and all.

Yup. Everyone involved fucked around and found out. Which is why I believe that Kyle should have been charged with something, just not murder.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Yup. Everyone involved fucked around and found out. Which is why I believe that Kyle should have been charged with something, just not murder.

He should have been charged with the unlawful carrying misdemeanor only.  Then let the appellate courts give some guidance on whether the statute is impermissibly vague.

Gaige G should have been charged with aggravated assault and unlawfully carrying a concealed weapon without a permit.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

He should have been charged with the unlawful carrying misdemeanor only.  Then let the appellate courts give some guidance on whether the statute is impermissibly vague.

Gaige G should have been charged with aggravated assault and unlawfully carrying a concealed weapon without a permit.

I do believe one of the videos caught him jaywalking.

10 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Once again I don’t think it will affect the decision of the jury. But it’s a totally legitimate criticism of the judge. Which taints the process.

Charging Rittenhouse taints the process. Not charging the other guy with a gun charge taints the process. Applause just gives the mouthbreathers butthurt.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, South Austin said:

So I haven’t been following this in great detail, but I gather that this kid is going to be acquitted, and anointed a right-wing hero, with MAGA Marjorie Taylor Greene-wannabes lining up to bang him, all because he left his mom’s basement one evening with an automatic rifle to go play Army guy in some shit Wisconsin town.

What else am I missing?

As usual, the germane facts.

7 minutes ago, South Austin said:

You don't think he'll be acquitted?  Or is it the "mom's basement" part?

The rifle thing ... I do not know if he lived in his mom's basement ... but he definitely didn't take a rifle from there.

You can have all the masturbatory fantasies you want about the Capitol, MAGA, Russian hackers, white supremacy, etc. ... just get the basics correct.

Edited by Harrison Bergeron

4 minutes ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

The rifle thing ... I do not know if he lived in his mom's basement ... but he definitely didn't take a rifle from there.

You can have all the masturbatory fantasies you want about the Capitol, MAGA, Russian hackers, white supremacy, etc. ... just get the basics correct.

I see, he didn't actually go from his mom's basement with the rifle to Kenosha.  Highly germane fact.  I will issue a correction in tomorrow's paper.

26 minutes ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

Charging Rittenhouse taints the process. Not charging the other guy with a gun charge taints the process. Applause just gives the mouthbreathers butthurt.

24 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I have a question completely relevant to the topic on hand -- who's that in your avatar?

spacer.png

• Haha 3
  • Drool 1

Judge did not accept inclusion of lesser-included charges on the Rosenbaum charge or Jump Kick Man charge.

Allowing it for McGinnis.

2nd Reckless against Huber tossed for the same reasons as above.  Other lessers included.

No lessers on Grosskreutz(sp?) accepted.

For some of these the judge said he is still  considering.

Edited by JBJ

3 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Judge did not accept inclusion of lesser-included charges on the Rosenbaum charge or Jump Kick Man charge.

Allowing it for McGinnis.

2nd Reckless against Huber tossed for the same reasons as above.  Other lessers included.

Big. I think the only hope for the prosecution at this point would be a jury who feels like he needs to be guilty of "something". 

Prosecution shooting themselves in the foot on gun charge.  They had mischaracterized the law in pretrial to get it included and I guess they just ran with that interpretation.

Sounds like it will be dismissed later but there's no motion for it in front of the judge unless he does it sua sponte.

To be fair, he isn't guilty of it anyway and would easily win an appeal.

Edited by JBJ

Too late now to edit:

The judge is only issuing the relevant instruction on gun possession - defendant under 17 or in possession of something other than a shotgun or rifle

(Exception/requirements for hunting do not apply).

Edited by JBJ

46 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Big. I think the only hope for the prosecution at this point would be a jury who feels like he needs to be guilty of "something". 

Or a jury that's accurately aware that their city will burn for another four nights if he's acquitted and is willing to throw a naive, not-very-bright kid under the bus as a sacrificial lamb to the social justice movement.

Also, if you saw the kid's mom on TV last night, you will realize he never, ever had a chance in life, "white privilege" be damned. Woman looked and sounded like she had cooked her brain on drugs '80s frying egg commercial style since she was 12. Couldn't put a complete sentence together and let's just say meth, it doesn't do a body good. 

Best-case scenario for the kid is he gets acquitted and someone points him to the Covington Catholic High School's lawyer to start picking off media outlets, stars with Twitter accounts, and even Joe Biden for calling him a murderer and white supremacist.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

The only thing that might be interesting to come from this case is the entire "zoom/pinch" evidence. Assuming Rittenhouse is convicted on something, this could be brought up on appeal an have an effect on future case law. "Manipulated" evidence is obviously not admissible. Are videos taken in 1040p but shown on 4k manipulated? Interesting questions.