Possible Arsonist on the loose in the Heights

UnivTex34

https://abc13.com/multiple-car-fires-in-the-heights-prompt-investigation/6871191/

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- A series of fires that may have been intentionally set in the Greater Heights is raising an alarm among residents that there is at least one arsonist on the loose.

Around 3 a.m. on Thursday, Brendan Posterick heard his car alarm go off.

When he looked outside, he noticed his Toyota parked at the corner of 18th Street and Harvard was engulfed in flames. His girlfriend, Lauren Hale, quickly called 911.

"It was terrifying," said Hale. "I think I was shaking for probably the next four hours. I told him I was shaking to my core."

Video obtained by ABC13 shows flames shooting up at least 20 to 30 feet at one point.

Y’all  Heights folks stay safe.

A few blocks away for a couple more weeks. Plenty of little shits/vandals walking around at night with even shittier parents. 

A few years back I parked a very non-descript car on the street and some neighborhood kids popped the lock and rummaged it. Things happen when you park on the street. I remember their was an epidemic of tailgates getting stolen in Heights/GOOF a couple years back. Cars get broken into in gated communities with cameras everywhere. 

The best defense is to park your cars in the garage. 

2 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

A few blocks away for a couple more weeks. Plenty of little shits/vandals walking around at night with even shittier parents. 

A few years back I parked a very non-descript car on the street and some neighborhood kids popped the lock and rummaged it. Things happen when you park on the street. I remember their was an epidemic of tailgates getting stolen in Heights/GOOF a couple years back. Cars get broken into in gated communities with cameras everywhere. 

The best defense is to park your cars in the garage. 

user name does not check out

8 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

So a poster’s brother suspiciously already knew about the fires before it was on the news and Js has been friends with him since high school. This goes deeper than I thought. 

This is classic misdirection, and we already know you have a flamethrower Hank.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/8/2020 at 10:14 PM, Hank Scorpio said:

So a poster’s brother suspiciously already knew about the fires before it was on the news and Js has been friends with him since high school. This goes deeper than I thought. 

They had a gofundme. Wouldn’t insurance cover someone torching your car?