Cowboys vs Cardinals: Week 6 MNF Edition

Vic Mackey

You dang Cowboys fans. I almost feel sorry for you.

Several things. Andy Dalton is not the best backup QB in the league. Whoever hyped that up is a goob. I'd for sure take Colt over him. Andy never did that much to deserve high draft status or years as starter. I might take Tyrod Taylor. Probably wouldn't take B Hoyer.

Now, I didn't really watch too much of the game but I did see the nonDPI call resulting in an interception. Killed the drive. I saw Gallup drop a TD. I did see some poor pass blocking and some WRs that were tightly covered. From what I had seen earlier this year Daks pocket was not this inconsistent.

You were without the best holding tackle in the league then lost your best olineman. Zeke's fumbles decidedly gave the Cards momentum. But worse it kicked the teams confidence, which is markedly different without your usual QB. Add an unfortunate pick and a dropped TD and well you have little chance.

This is a Cards defense that has football players on it. Andy had few reps with these guys and this offense made worse due to 2020. Any eva luation of the QB in this situation should be "let's wait until next week."

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Had Enough said:

You dang Cowboys fans. I almost feel sorry for you.

Several things. Andy Dalton is not the best backup QB in the league. Whoever hyped that up is a goob. I'd for sure take Colt over him. Andy never did that much to deserve high draft status or years as starter. I might take Tyrod Taylor. Probably wouldn't take B Hoyer.

Now, I didn't really watch too much of the game but I did see the nonDPI call resulting in an interception. Killed the drive. I saw Gallup drop a TD. I did see some poor pass blocking and some WRs that were tightly covered. From what I had seen earlier this year Daks pocket was not this inconsistent.

You were without the best holding tackle in the league then lost your best olineman. Zeke's fumbles decidedly gave the Cards momentum. But worse it kicked the teams confidence, which is markedly different without your usual QB. Add an unfortunate pick and a dropped TD and well you have little chance.

This is a Cards defense that has football players on it. Andy had few reps with these guys and this offense made worse due to 2020. Any eva luation of the QB in this situation should be "let's wait until next week."

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Momentum isn’t real.  

I turned the game off after zekes first fumble but damn did I wake up laughing.  If 2020 was a football team. It’s Dallas and the Longhorns. Fuck this year already 

As long as a Jones family member runs the Cowboys, which right now looks like forever, they will never win another Super Bowl. They are a bunch of hillbillies with the intelligence of a walnut, and all they care about is fleecing as much money from fans as possible to finance their yachts and other business interests. They do not really care about winning, just making money. Drop the Cowboys as one of your interests and your happiness will increase substantially.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, C-Man said:

I just looked it up. Dak has thrown 2+ picks in 11 of his 69 career starts.

Just saw that. I admittedly pulled the number out of my ass, but given that Dak has had 2 epically long streaks in his short career of around 200+ attempts without an INT I figured there couldn't be many. 

When did pro football reference start charging for their data?  

17 hours ago, C-Man said:

I don't think he's top five. Hell, I don't think he's consistently top 10 either.

Jesus Christ man, just admit you don't like Dak. Stop saying fake shit like  you think he's a Good QB...there's no WAY he's not been at the very worst a Top 10 QB the last season and a Half before injury. Jesus.

17 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Dak is pressured, too. You think he sat back there and had all day? But I knew the excuses would come flying in like rain. Where was this same energy for Dak? He had to scramble on the last play against Seattle on a 3 man rush...

But I knew this would happen. Trash Dak. He sucks. Trash. Worst QB to ever play. We need Dalton.

Insert Dalton....Omg the pressure, fumbles, drops, no calls, defense, bad OL. blah fucking blah. Dak dealt with it all and actually had us in every single game. Dalton had us at 3 points with 2 minutes to go. But keep the excuse train rolling. 

Typical but expected.  

8 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Just saw that. I admittedly pulled the number out of my ass, but given that Dak has had 2 epically long streaks in his short career of around 200+ attempts without an INT I figured there couldn't be many. 

When did pro football reference start charging for their data?  

Yeah he's had massive streaks of no INT's, but when he knows it's basically on HIM and the Offense to win games he's going to press a bit more...take more risks, ALL QB's do it, even the greats.  The fact that he didn't have more sacks and more turnovers when dropping back behind this OL 50 times a game just cements the fact that he's a Franchise QB.

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Jesus Christ man, just admit you don't like Dak. Stop saying fake shit like  you think he's a Good QB...there's no WAY he's not been at the very worst a Top 10 QB the last season and a Half before injury. Jesus.

Typical but expected.  

He is a good QB. I think the jury is still out whether he's elite. He's got great stats this year but, again, a lot of that came in the fourth quarter with his team down by an avalanche of points.

13 hours ago, Horn80 said:

Was that in reference to Cowboys losing to Saint Louis Cardinals on MNF 38-0 like in 1970?  If yes, I watched that game too so, move over so I can join y’all on the old AF bench.

Yep, I did, as well, It was the first shutout ever of the Cowboys. That was also the year of the Vikes 52-13 shellacking, but that game was Duane Thomas’ coming out party. Almost hit Paydirt that year, until Jim O’Brien’s FG. 

21 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

And he’s a washed up retread has been 

Give Garrett Gilbert a shot. He looked good against scrubs last year. Dalton looked like dead armed shit in the passes I had the interest to watch last night (and people question if Sam can find work in the NFL...)  

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

He is a good QB. I think the jury is still out whether he's elite. He's got great stats this year but, again, a lot of that came in the fourth quarter with his team down by an avalanche of points.

Name 9 qbs you would start ahead of Dak

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

And he's the first QB in NFL history to play from behind so there's that.......

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, B00M said:

Give Garrett Gilbert a shot. He looked good against scrubs last year. Dalton looked like dead armed shit in the passes I had the interest to watch last night (and people question if Sam can find work in the NFL...)  

Garrett Gilbert without pocket protection is a known quantity and it's not good.

10 hours ago, Mossyhorn said:

Yep, I did, as well, It was the first shutout ever of the Cowboys. That was also the year of the Vikes 52-13 shellacking, but that game was Duane Thomas’ coming out party. Almost hit Paydirt that year, until Jim O’Brien’s FG. 

Colts winning that SB on FG crushed me but Cowboys destroyed Miami the next year.  In those days, anyone that got crossed with Tom Landry was off his team including Duane Thomas.   I remember the 38-0 game so well because I was in shock and think the Cardinals QB was Jim Hart and recall wanting Roger Staubach play QB instead of Craig Morton.  

Edited by Horn80