Joe Buck & Troy Aikman Forget Hot Mics are On; Mock the NFL's Flyovers

Vic Mackey

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

Holy shit! It's called Kabbadi. We were watching that at a bar in Camden Town London with another couple one night a few years ago and had no idea what it was or what was happening, but it was insane. Had no idea what it was called and they had the sound off. Totally forgot about that night. 

But either way I'm boycotting it because they look terroristy.

It's fun.

And if it's terrorist-types you're not fond of, you'll love the Gujarat Fortune Giants

Also, their logo is amazing.

67969898_2478457842383182_5050941549379059712_n.jpg

20 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

That sounds remarkably similar to... a boycott.

Let's play this out, shall we?

Has there ever been a restaurant that you've enjoyed and then the food changed because of new management/new cook/whatever, and you just stopped going?  Are you now boycotting that restaurant? You tried the New CocaCola and didn't dig it so you switched to iced tea?  Are you engaged in a boycott?

Here's a tip - losing interest and spending time/money elsewere ≠ boycott.

Glad I could help out.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, Cajun said:

Let's play this out, shall we?

Has there ever been a restaurant that you've enjoyed and then the food changed because of new management/new cook/whatever, and you just stopped going?  Are you now boycotting that restaurant? You tried the New CocaCola and didn't dig it so you switched to iced tea?  Are you engaged in a boycott?

Here's a tip - losing interest and spending time/money elsewere ≠ boycott.

Glad I could help out.

The food didn't change. The cola didn't change. It's still guys playing football in basically the exact same way they always did.

You're mad about politics. Just own it.

34 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

That sounds remarkably similar to... a boycott.

boycott = purposely not doing something you want to do to take a stance

not caring = not caring

should be simple

can this thread be the football cloak room intersect? Weird times we live in where everyone has a constant connection.

Just now, Zeus said:

not caring = not caring

should be simple

can this thread be the football cloak room intersect? Weird times we live in where everyone has a constant connection.

"I care so little that I've posted four times in three hours about it!"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zeus said:

not caring = not caring

should be simple

College football and the military have demographically similar interests. The flyovers are justified as recruiting activities. And they are quite effective, especially with blue collar and “yahoo redneck” populations. 

Edited by Randolph Duke

@BradInATX

Hmmmm.

So if I go to the Food & Travel forum on Surly, see a thread on a restaurant I used to like but don't anymore, check it out, make a comment, and respond to a poster quoting me it's because "I care so much".

Being obtuse and binary is no way to go through life son.

Edited by Cajun
  • Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Zeus said:

not caring = not caring

should be simple

When OJ is clowning you on Twitter, it's over man.

LMAO

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

It's hilarious watching people have emotional reactions to things then desperately trying to walk it back once they realize that they're being the exact same snowflakes that they've built their entire persona and ego around being against. Projection is a bitch.

Oh the irony

• Haha 1

The food didn't change. The cola didn't change. It's still guys playing football in basically the exact same way they always did.
This. It's the equivalent of finding out your waiter is a Sooner because he's wearing an OU shirt. Most mature non-snowflakes will be able to ignore it and still enjoy their meal.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, BradInATX said:

All kidding aside the proper response here is to take all of our NFL gear out to the backyard and shoot holes in it. Remember to film it for YouYube so we can show Troy, Joe and Roger just how angry and offended they've made us!

These days with the cost of ammo and NFL gear, you'd have to take a second mortgage out on your house to do that.

And then when you calmed back down, you have to go to all the trouble of getting the new jerseys tailored. Just not worth it. 

Edited by MadBurgerMaker

46 minutes ago, Hmbre97 said:
1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

This. It's the equivalent of finding out your waiter is a Sooner because he's wearing an OU shirt. Most mature non-snowflakes will be able to ignore it and still enjoy their meal.

Far from equivalent, but you do you.

And I have bt on ignore, but since you quoted him I have to laugh at his utter lack of awareness of my posting/stance on LEOs over the years.  Hint: I'm somewhere inbetween VAPA and Brisket.  I'll say it again- I don't want to see MAGA or BLM . I also lose interest when you hide BEVO, blast ads, hire Steve Patterson, jet pack guy, on and on.

Keep fuckin' that chicken.

Edited by Cajun

4 hours ago, Assman said:

Sweet Jesus, put away the tin foil and crack pipe. 

I don't even know how to respond to this, but the bolded part made me LOL.  Wake vortex?  MDW and ORD traffic?  WTF?  Do you think the B-2 is just going to Leeroy Jenkins through the radar pattern, disregarding all regulations or ATC clearances?  If we're talking hypotheticals here, and if a B-2 were actually doing a flyover at Soldier Field, it'd be as easy as regional approach creating about 2 minutes of separation between the B-2 and any traffic in and out of MDW.  ORD is 20 miles away and a complete non-factor.  Wake turbulence isn't a concern either way.  Keep in mind Chicago's airspace sees aircraft that create much more wake turbulence than a B-2, like the A-380 which has literally rolled and totaled other aircraft while airborne.

https://flightsafety.org/a380-wake-turbulence-encounter/

Arguing about flyovers with a guy that actually does flyovers. Thats peak surly right there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1