Oregon just decriminalized cocaine, heroine, LSD, and Oxycodone...

Bernard

On 11/8/2020 at 8:43 AM, TwiceHorn said:

I don't follow it closely, but I'd bet AR and MS hoped to revive agriculture by legalizing.

Which blows my mind about the Carolina's.  With all of the infrastructure already in place from the tobacco industry, you would think they would be all over this.  

It’s going to be interesting. Shit should go well in Oregon and it should be a big step for our countrys mentality concerning drugs. Not so great for Utah tho. 

ive never understood hardline conservatives being so for the drug war. The science is clear on how to reduce drug use and pouring billions into state pseudo-military who shares both functions of enforcing ordinances as well as generating profit from their duties is not it. 

Let me help you. You said “science.”
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 11/8/2020 at 12:17 AM, atomheartbevo said:

This is an interesting map

spacer.png

I just can't figure out why/how Oklahoma got ahead of us on weed.

Oh wait, our governor is a fucking idiot who is completely opposed to pot.  We will be a black spot surrounded by green before long.  Some of that is a little misleading too, Minnesota might as well be black.  They have a medical system, but from what I understand it's crazy hard to actually get a card.  It's not like Oklahoma where it's a wink and a nod system.

On 11/9/2020 at 12:03 PM, hullabelew said:

Which blows my mind about the Carolina's.  With all of the infrastructure already in place from the tobacco industry, you would think they would be all over this.  

Knowing you, I'd imagine this was on your mind when you posted this.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Oh wait, our governor is a fucking idiot who is completely opposed to pot.  We will be a black spot surrounded by green before long.  Some of that is a little misleading too, Minnesota might as well be black.  They have a medical system, but from what I understand it's crazy hard to actually get a card.  It's not like Oklahoma where it's a wink and a nod system.

Eh, Oklahoma roll their joints all wrong.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

IIRC, a few months after legalization, Oklahoma already had more medical marijuana cards issued per capita than any other state. 

On 11/9/2020 at 10:03 AM, hullabelew said:

All about control. Who can grow, how much they can grow, price support etc.... That control is ingrained into the tobacco industry. Hell I don't think a person can even BUY tobacco seed, you have to buy seedlings if you grow. 

10 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Did it?

Not completely sure.  I know there is the initial surge as businesses scramble to set up.  Then the inevitable dip as taxes drive much of the business back under ground.  I want to say the budgetary issues were in the billions, so even tens of millions is a small dent and they are having massive issues with regulations, medical violations, etc.  

8 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Not completely sure.  I know there is the initial surge as businesses scramble to set up.  Then the inevitable dip as taxes drive much of the business back under ground.  I want to say the budgetary issues were in the billions, so even tens of millions is a small dent and they are having massive issues with regulations, medical violations, etc.  

That, and no weed grower can get a loan from a bank to fund their operations.  Even the legitimate businesses in the legal states can't do business with banks.  No loans, operation funding, even credit cards for the business.  Even depositor accounts are iffy in those states.  

13 hours ago, hullabelew said:

That, and no weed grower can get a loan from a bank to fund their operations.  Even the legitimate businesses in the legal states can't do business with banks.  No loans, operation funding, even credit cards for the business.  Even depositor accounts are iffy in those states.  

There is a lot of truth to this. Almost the entire financial services industry isn’t even allowed to help them from a consulting/professional services perspective.