Oregon just decriminalized cocaine, heroine, LSD, and Oxycodone...

Bernard

...in recreational amounts. 

Holy shit. Bravo, Oregon!!!! HUGE step in the right direction. Treat substance abuse like the health problem it is rather than turning everyday people into criminals.

Apparently a recreational amount of coke is under 2 grams. So split your 8ball in two and make your friend carry half.

Bernard

https://www.opb.org/article/2020/11/04/oregon-measure-110-decriminalize-drugs/

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bernard said:

Holy shit. Bravo, Oregon!!!! HUGE step in the right direction. Treat substance abuse like the health problem it is rather than turning everyday people into criminals.

Apparently a recreational amount of coke is under 2 grams. So split your 8ball in two and make your friend carry half.

Bernard

Looks like I'll have a new cash flow, legally.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bernard said:

Bernard

"Sorry bud, my scale says you have 2.01 grams. Off to jail."

The funny thing is, doctors are still probably going to be required to take plenty of CE on the stuff. Fucking bureaucracies and rules that make no sense. A doctor can probably lose his license in Oregon for over prescribing so he refers out patients in pain: Meanwhile, that same patient can get the stuff from a store without a doctor getting involved. And yes, I am projecting into the near future. At the very least doctors in Redding and Olympia, will just tell their patients to cross the border.

• Hook 'Em 1

It has worked well in Portugal.  Homeless, ODs, crime rates, all down.  As long as the government does as promised (pfft) and funnels that money into treatment, hopefully it will work.  What we do now is bullshit and isn't working.  Almost everyone in jail is there, in part, to drugs.  Once they go in, the cycle continues and just gets worse.  

That’s way too logical for our shit show of a society.
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, hullabelew said:

It has worked well in Portugal.  Homeless, ODs, crime rates, all down.  As long as the government does as promised (pfft) and funnels that money into treatment, hopefully it will work.  What we do now is bullshit and isn't working.  Almost everyone in jail is there, in part, to drugs.  Once they go in, the cycle continues and just gets worse.  

exactly right. its the larger effort across all elements of government and society that actually cares about other people. 

its a great move and happy to see it - but given the "cares about other people" part I do think it will be an incomplete effort anywhere in the US

14 hours ago, workswithseed said:

Looks like I'll have a new cash flow, legally.

Do you know how to make LSD?  Cause IIRC the guy running the major lab got popped a good number of years ago and a substantial amount of the US supply was impacted.  Went to high school with a guy who was pretty dead set on synthesizing the stuff.  Last I saw he was a PhD chemist in academia.  Probably got a one way ticket to university of Oregon right about now.  That meth shit is pretty low brow stuff to cook up from what I understand, takes most sophistication to pull off a few of the steps involved with LSD.  

6 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Do you know how to make LSD?  Cause IIRC the guy running the major lab got popped a good number of years ago and a substantial amount of the US supply was impacted.  Went to high school with a guy who was pretty dead set on synthesizing the stuff.  Last I saw he was a PhD chemist in academia.  Probably got a one way ticket to university of Oregon right about now.  That meth shit is pretty low brow stuff to cook up from what I understand, takes most sophistication to pull off a few of the steps involved with LSD.  

You know, this is a question I never thought I would be asked, but I figured I'd look what would go into it. That looks like a very dangerous process, and I definitely don't have the know how. Is your friend looking to train? Ha

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

38 minutes ago, demos said:

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Hunter?

21 hours ago, Bigbend1812 said:

Looks like a lot of one way bus tickets to oregon for the homeless.

19 hours ago, Rip76 said:

Totally.  So this may help Austin.

I have a friend who lives in Ventura, CA and they don't allow weed/THC/CBD products to be sold in stores in that county.

There is already enough of a homeless/vagrant population as it is with the nice weather and the former huge military presence next door in Oxnard, so I don't know if this is going to help the large homeless drag rats/ gutter kids population in Oregon.

19 hours ago, hullabelew said:

I know quite a few people from my time in Buenos Aires who have moved onto Lisbon. The requirements to get a renters visa there are really low.

I didn't know about the legalization status there, but looking at who's moved there, that doesn't surprise me that Portugal has become a hot place.

When the seed pods of papaver somniferum are maturing, make shallow cuts vertically on the pods.  By the next day, the latex containing the alkaloids oozes out.  Scrape it off with a razor, put a bit on a bowl of weed, and fire it up.  It's very relaxing and produces some trippy dreams.

I have a friend who keeps a coca plant as a houseplant.  She makes tea from the leaves.  It's a fun little buzz for about a half hour, but when it wears off, I get ridiculously hungry.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, staboner said:

its a great move and happy to see it - but given the "cares about other people" part I do think it will be an incomplete effort anywhere in the US

I cannot eecall in the history of our republic has either side shown the wherewithal to actually make mental health and addiction medicine a sustained priority. I will not be surprised if our elected officials manage to screw this up.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Newdoc said:

I cannot eecall in the history of our republic has either side shown the wherewithal to actually make mental health and addiction medicine a sustained priority. I will not be surprised if our elected officials manage to screw this up.

Well of course they will.  But they are relatively new fields.

It’s going to be interesting. Shit should go well in Oregon and it should be a big step for our countrys mentality concerning drugs. Not so great for Utah tho. 

ive never understood hardline conservatives being so for the drug war. The science is clear on how to reduce drug use and pouring billions into state pseudo-military who shares both functions of enforcing ordinances as well as generating profit from their duties is not it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

What is it $100/day to put someone in jail?

Cost of one way ticket on greyhound is like $250 a person?  Instead of arresting for heroin, meth, etc, just put em on the bus to Portland with $100 cash. 

Problem solved in every major city in Texas.

You know how much of that $100 gets spent on prisoners? Like $20. The rest goes to private companies.

so, yes there would be plenty of people crying bloody murder if we did that here

1 hour ago, Doc Reeves said:

You know how much of that $100 gets spent on prisoners? Like $20. The rest goes to private companies.

so, yes there would be plenty of people crying bloody murder if we did that here

I’m sure the general public will be outraged with crippling the industry that makes money off of keeping people in cages.

It’s going to be interesting. Shit should go well in Oregon and it should be a big step for our countrys mentality concerning drugs. Not so great for Utah tho. 

ive never understood hardline conservatives being so for the drug war. The science is clear on how to reduce drug use and pouring billions into state pseudo-military who shares both functions of enforcing ordinances as well as generating profit from their duties is not it. 

Hard line conservatives preach small government, but really want a government with the power to try and control what the population does and keeps the minorities in line. The war on drugs gives them both while lining the pockets of the appropriate people.
  • Hook 'Em 3