Texas opens as a pick em v Iowa State

TexasMan

5 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Well, it would make our break up with Herman go a lot smoother.  Don't have to spend the holiday weekend in front of family, still pretending like we're in love.  Just slink away and come get your CD's in December. 

What CD's would Mensa take???  😂

Maybe...  Money for Nothing

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Hope this is bullshit... Not sure what would happen if game postponed

Edit:  Assuming it's ISU who couldn't play Friday

Maybe get creative, and have

• Texas play at Kansas this Saturday,
  • Texas play ISU Dec 12th 
  • TCU at Kansas rescheduled for Dec 12th.

I wouldn't think the first bullet is an option.  Kansas isn't open this weekend.  They already have a potentially winnable home game scheduled against TCU.  That's assuming they can even play this weekend, which may be questionable given last week's cancellation and COVID protocols.  I don't know if the BIG 12 could force them to move TCU in order to play us, but at this late juncture that seems unlikely to me.

3 minutes ago, nunna yo bizness said:

I wouldn't think the first bullet is an option.  Kansas isn't open this weekend.  They already have a potentially winnable home game scheduled against TCU.  That's assuming they can even play this weekend, which may be questionable given last week's cancellation and COVID protocols.  I don't know if the BIG 12 could force them to move TCU in order to play us, but at this late juncture that seems unlikely to me.

B12 would either not play a full slate or move the CCG. The CFP dates are probably going to fall apart at this point unless they are fine with seeing a massive cancelation of games - and would have regardless of the B12.

A cancellation of the ISU game might seal the deal on Herman.  Without being able to beat ISU they only have one game left against a beatable WVU.  If they finish with one loss then they are in the CCG.  That would leave OU, OSU, and us in a three way tie with 2 losses (assuming we beat KSU and KU).  The first tiebreaker is the three teams against each other.  OU has beaten OSU and us which would give them the tiebreaker and put them in the CCG against ISU.

Texas would be out of it and we could ditch Herman without having to lose another game.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

B12 would either not play a full slate or move the CCG. The CFP dates are probably going to fall apart at this point unless they are fine with seeing a massive cancelation of games - and would have regardless of the B12.

Assuming rumor is true and it's because Iowa State has Covid issues...

Maybe play Iowa State vs Texas game on Dec 12th.  If Cyclones win, then the B12 CCG could still be Dec 19th??

2 minutes ago, nunna yo bizness said:

A cancellation of the ISU game might seal the deal on Herman.  Without being able to beat ISU they only have one game left against a beatable WVU.  If they finish with one loss then they are in the CCG.  That would leave OU, OSU, and us in a three way tie with 2 losses (assuming we beat KSU and KU).  The first tiebreaker is the three teams against each other.  OU has beaten OSU and us which would give them the tiebreaker and put them in the CCG against ISU.

Texas would be out of it and we could ditch Herman without having to lose another game.

Are we really gonna ditch herman tho if his season is “Shaka’d”?

Just now, GreenspointTexas said:

First, I hope the answer is an unequivocal YES.

Second, I don't see it as quite the same thing.  Shaka had potentially done what he had to for UT to get in the playoffs, but it was the playoffs themselves that were cancelled.  In this case Herman would have had his chance to qualify for the CCG but failed to do so.

2 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

His season wouldn't be Shaka'd (who probably wasn't getting fired anyway) as long as the B12 still plays a CCG. If he wanted to make the CCG or win the conference he could have beaten TCU.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nunna yo bizness said:

Wow, then he'd at least have one legit Covid excuse. 

Edited by UncleBuck

Some guy on Cyclone Fanatic is claiming that we have a significant player who will miss the game.  No one is talking about COVID numbers being bad.

If it's Hall, I'll probably just go outside and start breaking things.  It's also possible that it's nothing as this guy was sure that Farmageddon was getting canceled.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Hope this is bullshit... Not sure what would happen if game postponed

Edit:  Assuming it's ISU who couldn't play Friday

Maybe get creative, and have

• Texas play at Kansas this Saturday,
  • Texas play ISU Dec 12th 
  • TCU at Kansas rescheduled for Dec 12th.

Guy with nine followers is probably really legit.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Some guy on Cyclone Fanatic is claiming that we have a significant player who will miss the game.  No one is talking about COVID numbers being bad.

If it's Hall, I'll probably just go outside and start breaking things.  It's also possible that it's nothing as this guy was sure that Farmageddon was getting canceled.

I'm standing by my guns that if it's cancelled it's an Austin thing seeing as y'all just played a game where neither team had covid issues going in. 

And there have to be a LOT of guys out with covid to get a game cancelled - it can't be like 3 or 4 players that may or may not be key cogs in the operation.

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I'm standing by my guns that if it's cancelled it's an Austin thing seeing as y'all just played a game where neither team had covid issues going in. 

And there have to be a LOT of guys out with covid to get a game cancelled - it can't be like 3 or 4 players that may or may not be key cogs in the operation.

KSU had some COVID issues, but they made their numbers obviously.

Our one guy who might be out could have nothing to do with COVID as well.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Al_4_ISU said:

Purdy, Hall, and Mike Rose (stud LB) all live together.  If one of those guys gets the Rona, they're all gonna be out.  That would be the most ISU shit ever.

Hey now. You can't blame them. They're just simple farmers. The common clay of the West.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

C'mon man. Obviously got lost in a corn maze/choked on a loose meat sandwich/other stereotypes/got sucked into a wind turbine. 

Got shitfaced on Busch Light yesterday and crashed their tractor en route to Casey's for emergency pizza and ranch.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Purdy, Hall, and Mike Rose (stud LB) all live together.  If one of those guys gets the Rona, they're all gonna be out.  That would be the most ISU shit ever.

I like the 'Clones and @AI_4_ISU is one of, if not the, best non-Texas posters on the interwebs.

I, for one, welcome our new coach gettin' overlords or a Longhorn win!

• Hook 'Em 2

Texas opened as a two-point favorite over Iowa State according to the William Hill Sports Book, who released point spreads for college football’s Thanksgiving week slate on Sunday. Ranked No. 20 in the Associated Press Top 25, the Longhorns are due to host the 15th-ranked Cyclones at Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium on Friday (11 a.m., ABC) in a game that will significantly impact the race to determine who will play for the Big 12 title at AT&T Stadium on Dec. 19.

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Texas-Longhorns-open-two-point-favorite-over-Iowa-State-Cyclones-William-Hill-Sports-Book-155268333/