Texas State @ Texas, 7pm on LHN

Horny Bull

i gotta tell you, i thought three straight days of Bill Walton was brutal, but Lowell and Lance have done a great job reminding me of just how much worse it can get. Lowell talks more about social justice than AOC/noCR. it's a fucking basketball game. is there nowhere i can go to just forget about how shitty everything is and just sit back and watch some hoops? 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

i gotta tell you, i thought three straight days of Bill Walton was brutal, but Lowell and Lance have done a great job reminding me of just how much worse it can get. Lowell talks more about social justice than AOC/noCR. it's a fucking basketball game. is there nowhere i can go to just forget about how shitty everything is and just sit back and watch some hoops? 

How about Lance talking over and over on why Texas State should hire this interim Head Coach...

giphy.gif

12 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Brown is not good at any fundamentals.  Very raw.  He has one move and a wonky shot.  Going to be a long road to get where he needs to be.  

Maybe you should make this comment every game.  

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

Brown is not good at any fundamentals.  Very raw.  He has one move and a wonky shot.  Going to be a long road to get where he needs to be.  

NOTE: I did not manage to watch the game

This morning, I saw that Greg Brown had 18 points 2 rebounds to the side of the ESPN listing for the score and thought... WTF?

So I looked up how tall he is:  Brown is listed at 6'9" (so probably at least 6'7")

Then I looked up how many missed FG attempts in the game: 71 missed shots between the two teams (not counting FTs that allow for a rebound)

So I'm wondering how it is possible for a 6'9"-ish strong athletic kid can start a game and only get 2 rebounds out of 71+ opportunities.

Did anyone notice anything while watching the game? I see that he only played 22 of 40 possible minutes, but 2 rebounds in just over half the game...?

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

This morning, I saw that Greg Brown had 18 points 2 rebounds to the side of the ESPN listing for the score and thought... WTF?

So I looked up how tall he is:  Brown is listed at 6'9" (so probably at least 6'7")

Then I looked up how many missed FG attempts in the game: 71 missed shots between the two teams (not counting FTs that allow for a rebound)

So I'm wondering how it is possible for a 6'9"-ish strong athletic kid can start a game and only get 2 rebounds out of 71+ opportunities.

Did anyone notice anything while watching the game? I see that he only played 22 of 40 possible minutes, but 2 rebounds in just over half the game...?

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

His rebounding percentages on KenPom are very good for a freshman, his defensive rebounding percentage is 24.9% which is 120th in D-I and only behind Sims on the team. His OR% is 7.0% which is 3rd on the team behind Brock and Jericho and just ahead of Kai.

He has issues to sort out, but rebounding is doing fine.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Jaxson Hayes (@ 6' 11)averaged 10 pts and 5 rbs per game last year in 23 mpg. Brown is averaging 10 pts and 6rbs per game this year (including last nights stats) in 19.5 mpg. A bit early to get worked up over one game.

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, sportsbay said:

Can this team defeat Baylor?  Baylor looked good against Illinois.

'Can'? Yes. 'Will'? Ehhh, maybe. If Texas can limit Baylor to below-average (for them) shooting from three in both volume and make percentage like they did to Villanova and limit offensive rebounds, Texas has a shot.

7 hours ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

His 3rd block...

200.gif

So I guess at this time, rebounding is not what they are asking him to do all the time. I noticed that he only had ~2 fouls this game and he has fouled out at least one other game, so maybe they want him to settle a bit and let some of the other guys rebound to protect him from picking up fouls.

He's pretty good at the blocks. Much better than I was when I played pickup basketball, but then again, he's got a foot on me and perhaps his wingspan is kind of ridiculous too.

This time next year, he will be making more money (above the table) than I will be.